IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Actually he bashed IF a lot man. Not just two or three negative comments, we discussed all of them here you know that too. But I like the bands attitude about him. Not any bad words.
Let me think about it. He said that sc was lame and that anders is not a songwriter. Can't remember another comment bashing in flames.

What I wonder is how I'm the only one who noticed that peter said that he is going to announce a project together with jesper. That was my original intention.

Reactions: only4theweak187
Seriously tho, those comments... cracking me up :D makes me look like a member of the Anders fan club.

C*nt looks like a shipwrecked John Oliver.

Hands down THE worst singer in metal.

Swedes: From bloodthirsty Viking warriors to...this.

If you walk around looking like a member of The Black Dahlia Murder what do you expect?

I threw my jester race tshirt at him when I was at download festival last year. I miss that shirt

Hey, that's the guy who fucked up my coffee order this morning! Yeesh, fucking neckbeard hipsters just don't understand what "plain black coffee" even means.

Hey beardo! You look so stupid.
Sincerely,
Hipster Haters of America

He's the CEO at Douche Nozzles Inc.

That's the problem. This guy wants to make the music he wants, HE WANTS. I bet he's like:

"I feel ackward with those instrumental parts during lives because I am not doing anything, so I want more singing parts in songs and less guitar melodies, and I want to hear myself sing so no more aggressive riffs, and I want more processed vocals to help with my poor vocals that aren't fit for singing but I want to hear myself singing anyway."

I'm Not a hater of his music, it's the God awful clichéd hipster look he has going on. The dreds weren't original, this look is FAR WORSE!!!

He is like a hamster with glasses.

Krofius, Buz and Slave will be absolutely raging. Not sure they have it in them to take the fight to the battlegrounds of Blabbermouth though.

Haha no de4life you got me all wrong, that shit is funny. There's troll post on virtually all known bands except the universally loved ones. If they are funny they are funny, I really don't care about words, I'm not an SJW, furthest from it. I hate people who get offended or rather pretend to be offended by anything and everything. The actual article was quite good though, or good answer by Anders in my opinion.

Haha no de4life you got me all wrong, that shit is funny. There's troll post on virtually all known bands except the universally loved ones. If they are funny they are funny, I really don't care about words, I'm not an SJW, furthest from it. I hate people who get offended or rather pretend to be offended by anything and everything. The actual article was quite good though, or good answer by Anders in my opinion.

I know, I'm only kidding :D not so much with Slave, though.

Anders has given the same answer for years. He must be so bored of being asked that question.

Krofius, Buz and Slave will be absolutely raging. Not sure they have it in them to take the fight to the battlegrounds of Blabbermouth though.

Ah, famed Battles of Blabbermouth playground fading.

"Hamster with glasses" wins the day.

But really, haters aside, IF are a fucking joke now. Music, lyrics, looks... when I listen Ghost, DT, Korn, 2pac, Insomnium and In Flames only one of those sounds like a bunch of kids killing time with instruments. And it says a lot when you make Korn sound serious.

Once they were a household name, things were expected of them, loyal, even a bit extreme fanbase. Now, they are irrelevant. If they cease to exist, nothing would be lost. A couple of kind of catchy but not quite hits choruses.

Oh yeah they have a measure of commercial sucess but they failed even on that field so they are not on major label and they are playing second fiddle to every new US band that comes along.

I really think they would be on much better place with fanbase and sales if they kept doing Clayman-ish stuff after CC.

Ah, famed Battles of Blabbermouth playground fading.

"Hamster with glasses" wins the day.

But really, haters aside, IF are a fucking joke now. Music, lyrics, looks... when I listen Ghost, DT, Korn, 2pac, Insomnium and In Flames only one of those sounds like a bunch of kids killing time with instruments. And it says a lot when you make Korn sound serious.

Once they were a household name, things were expected of them, loyal, even a bit extreme fanbase. Now, they are irrelevant. If they cease to exist, nothing would be lost. A couple of kind of catchy but not quite hits choruses.

Oh yeah they have a measure of commercial sucess but they failed even on that field so they are not on major label and they are playing second fiddle to every new US band that comes along.

I really think they would be on much better place with fanbase and sales if they kept doing Clayman-ish stuff after CC.

It's fair to say Come Clarity was probably their peak as a band in terms of commercial success and visibility. Even my friends who had never heard of or hadn't cared about In Flames previously were fans of CC.

As you say, we're now at a point where they are largely irrelevant and seen as a bit of a joke. In Flames don't make music any more, they make "hits". That's their goal. Have dat catchy chorus, dat wanky solo and dem vocal harmonies that Anders can't do live. If you had to sum the band up, present day, that would be it.

Back in 2006 I never thought I would consider STYE and CC a part of In Flames' better days... but SOAPF aside everything afterwards has been so disappointing.

Reactions: A88 and eochaid
Yes CC was the moment they almost made it.

And it was good combination of cool riffs and melodies with some degree of agression and them wanting to be emo pop. Point where most of the old and new fanbase were fine with the sound. Myself included.

With SC and similar shit... If it was 2002., Anders could sing and was hot instead of hamsterish hipster, I guess they could go for HIM fanbase, but even that would be hard. HIM writes far better choruses.

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
YT stats.

IF The End, SEP 19, 442 00 views. After first few days interest just died off.
IF The Truth, SEP 23, 135 000 views. Even worse. Seen just a few thousand times a day.
IF Through my eyes, OCT 14, 207 000 views

DT Pitiless, SEP 26, 195 000 views
DT Atoma, OCT 7, 270 000 views
DT Forward momentum, OCT 21, 105 000 views

Truth be told, The End, that first version without video from august, did gather over a million views 'till now.

Judging from statistics IF has a following when a song is released. It lasts for a day or two, then people stop watching. And that is just about how I watch-listen IF these days. Oh, new song is out, let's check it out. Spin it a few times, then again tomorrow, and then I forget about it.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much staying power with IF anymore. I got some enjoyment out of SC and will probably throw it on once a year or so, and it seems like Battles will be the same thing. Honestly, I don't even listen to SOAPF that much even though it is really good, mostly because the production is still pretty soft and "New IF". Like, yeah, it's heavy, but sounds so polished on top.

CC here in the states even, deff had people hearing their work after previously not, I noticed. I remember them playing a local bigger venue selling it out on Valentine's Day right after it came out. Unreal show. Ridiculous outfits and all

I don't think anyone in this forum could argue the last several posts' points made and I hope no one tries.

Just unfortunate

CC has amazing riffs. It perfectly mixes what if did in their past albums and goes a step further in their sound, this is why I think it's such a good album. I remember that it was chosen as album of the decade by the users of some swedish magazine or radio.

Holy shit @ "hamster with glasses." Completely wrong. He looks like a woodchuck. Get it right.

People get worked up over the weirdest things, hahaha. On the one hand, I'm glad I tuned out of the metal community when Siren Charms came out. On the other, I would've liked to have seen people freak the fuck out about those hipster glasses.

Like, I'm willing to bet that there's this crowdsourced psychological profile of Anders Friden somewhere that claims to know exactly what he's thinking better than he does himself. He's like the ultimate villain in the metal community while at the same time being a total joke...? Like, I don't even think there's that much to his character. I've met him twice and he came across as a 100% relaxed dude with a sub-par command of English.

Also wait, people were hating on the dreads back in the day? Damn. In a world where mullets exist, I cannot even grasp that.

EDIT: In regards to IF's popularity in recent years...I don't know, from what I've seen they definitely peaked with SOAPF. I saw a big uptick in radio play from that album in the years following its release, and many of my friends/acquaintances started listening to them at that point. In the years prior, any mention of In Flames would just make most people I knew respond "who?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Seppo91
Holy shit @ "hamster with glasses." Completely wrong. He looks like a woodchuck. Get it right.

People get worked up over the weirdest things, hahaha. On the one hand, I'm glad I tuned out of the metal community when Siren Charms came out. On the other, I would've liked to have seen people freak the fuck out about those hipster glasses.

Like, I'm willing to bet that there's this crowdsourced psychological profile of Anders Friden somewhere that claims to know exactly what he's thinking better than he does himself. He's like the ultimate villain in the metal community while at the same time being a total joke...? Like, I don't even think there's that much to his character. I've met him twice and he came across as a 100% relaxed dude with a sub-par command of English.

Also wait, people were hating on the dreads back in the day? Damn. In a world where mullets exist, I cannot even grasp that.

Man, when Anders first went to dreads people were enraged. "Who does he think he is, Jonathan Davis?"

They actually suited him though. He looks like a fucking idiot at the moment.

CC has amazing riffs. It perfectly mixes what if did in their past albums and goes a step further in their sound, this is why I think it's such a good album. I remember that it was chosen as album of the decade by the users of some swedish magazine or radio.

Yeah, CC is a really solid album. There isn't much beneath the surface, but that's OK. It delivers as a balls to the wall metal album. Anders' clean even sound good on some songs. It was probably the last album he ever screamed properly on.