IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I just noticed that Through My Eyes intro has a faint Come Clarity-ish bass sound going on in the intro at 0:13.

Currently putting mine together slowly but surely. I am extremely meticulous with my shit although it may not be clear in my reviews.

One thing you guys should know is that when it comes to the music industry, it IS an industry about money. Reviews are bought (yes, that happens) by labels at times to push sales for their big bands. A review should be focused on all aspects, both good and bad. We are critics. We SHOULD point out the bad, or we do a bad job. We owe it to the musicians, and to the people listening. BUT, in the end, it all comes down to YOUR opinion, NOT MY opinion. Don't trust my opinion unless backed up with credible evidence. As for music, there is no evidential position. You either like what you hear, or you don't. I can't tell YOU what YOU will like, I can only tell you what I liked.
And don't do what this tool did. He said the following:
"Each song on this album will leave you in absolute awe." - This is dishonest, and moronic. A clear sign of a person who hasn't got a clue as to how to write a review.

Reactions: eochaid and AtotheK
Might as well toss up a "blog" in the guise of a "review site" -- because apparently the labels don't give a fuck about quality or credentials when distributing review copies.

WTF.

Well wasn't really a call since they highly hinted that you would get a new song if u pre-ordered the album.

Pretty sure it was only if u pre-ordered on iTunes you got in in your mail or some shit. Wasn't any pre-order on any website.

http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/in-flames-are-super-proud-of-new-album/3103315/
Edit:
Wow, Bjorn pretty much confirmed that they are lazy and that's why they write lazy music nowadays. wtf!?
"
BG: I pretty much say the same thing as I always say when we release a record. This is our twelfth record and I am super proud, super excited. I am just super proud. I can still do what I want to do. Do what I love to do after all these years, after all these records. That's what really makes me the most proud. I think from the practical point of view it is a little bit more challenging than previous records. That's sort of the way we want to do things. Because we are super lazy guys - we don't rehearse, we don't practice, so unless we put the bar a little bit higher with every record we will just continue to suck. So it is kind of important to put that bar a little bit higher and we did that on this one.

MS: Obviously the experience of playing live over so many years has refined this?

BG: The whole writing process has changed over the years. The more you play live the more I understand about my song writing. I wouldn't say it is the same for everybody. The more I play live the more I understand that I can't put eight guitars there or I can't put double kicks for five minutes. It's not going to work. It's not how you play and it's not how it works live. And so a lot of things like that you just have to learn. And of course now having all that - let's call it knowledge - with you when you record and when you write it changes things. You understand a little bit more about song writing but also the individuals in the band and what everybody is capable of, and what everybody is really good at and how can you capitalise on that."

http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/in-flames-are-super-proud-of-new-album/3103315/
Edit:
Wow, Bjorn pretty much confirmed that they are lazy and that's why they write lazy music nowadays. wtf!?
"
BG: I pretty much say the same thing as I always say when we release a record. This is our twelfth record and I am super proud, super excited. I am just super proud. I can still do what I want to do. Do what I love to do after all these years, after all these records. That's what really makes me the most proud. I think from the practical point of view it is a little bit more challenging than previous records. That's sort of the way we want to do things. Because we are super lazy guys - we don't rehearse, we don't practice, so unless we put the bar a little bit higher with every record we will just continue to suck. So it is kind of important to put that bar a little bit higher and we did that on this one.

MS: Obviously the experience of playing live over so many years has refined this?

BG: The whole writing process has changed over the years. The more you play live the more I understand about my song writing. I wouldn't say it is the same for everybody. The more I play live the more I understand that I can't put eight guitars there or I can't put double kicks for five minutes. It's not going to work. It's not how you play and it's not how it works live. And so a lot of things like that you just have to learn. And of course now having all that - let's call it knowledge - with you when you record and when you write it changes things. You understand a little bit more about song writing but also the individuals in the band and what everybody is capable of, and what everybody is really good at and how can you capitalise on that."

Sigh.. people are really looking for things to complain about.
That's not what I got from that interview at all. They are lazy, so they try to push themselves to keep them motivated. Sound great.
And they write songs with the the intent of playing it live, That's what the problem might be, not that they are lazy.

Reactions: Jester Slave
I just noticed that Through My Eyes intro has a faint Come Clarity-ish bass sound going on in the intro at 0:13.
The first vocal verses are also very CC-ish. It's the same harsh, dry scream-ish thing that ruled CC, produced in a somewhat different way.
Edit:
"

Holy shit dude, you sound like The Sun or some shit.

They mentioned this in older interviews (the lazyness) as well, the same way they said they are not A+ musicians by any means. Also, you got an explanation as well in your highlighted part, that they are improving themselves by putting the bar higher on each record.

Now, obviously this is PR bullshit; they are always trying new things, but going sideways is not necessarily improving quality.

Anyway, your conclusion is terrible. Like, he never even said they only became lazy nowadays, you just dreamt it there. You have to be a fool to think that with a depressed alcoholic in their circle they were 3 times more hard-working.

It doesn't help any side to stir bullshit like the way you just did.

Instead they add four layers of vocals, because Anders can do them live.
Having more vocal layers is not a new In Flames thing. Also, what's more natural? Having some vocal bits pre-recorded during live shows in the background, or having pre-recorded extra supporting guitar layers? Or not having the latter and having those songs in a much worse quality?