IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I did not un
Besides the topic of what the album as whole will sound like...

I wonder what the setlist will be next month
Well, you sure have 3 songs out already to practice the lyrics for if you attend any live shows.

We can also blindly assume that a slow and/or ballady song will take a spot, so that's 4.

Another 1-2 and the new songs are out. As for the rest of the setlist, if you include the staples (which is now a bigger pool because of SC) IF won't have much room to play around with.

My only wish is that they will pick something else than Resin or The Hive from the old catalog.

They did play the hive for like 3-4 yrs

But resin was just for that initial tour after SC's release I think

Hopefully they found some other classics they like playing after that late '15 setlist on their last tour before recording this album

After several listens, I think it's safe to say that I like through my eyes. Pre-chorus and chorus are stuck in my head and I love the energy and the screams in the song. Bjorn's solo is terrible and there are some parts where the production seems weird. The song's structure is similar to the end, which works fine for me

So guys I'm trying to get the right lyrics for the Through My Eyes. This what I got so far. Any help would be awesome.

Verse 1:

You did me wrong and I applauded you
--- blade that I pierce through

Now hiding from the world outside
Trying to create magic for the pacified

Pre Chorus:

You never felt the answers
----- that you my friend
Did you find yourself lost
In the world we swore to protect

Chorus:

If you could see it
If you could it through my eyes
Why are we so different?
--------- feeling
--------------- to know what it was like
Then maybe you'll understand

Verse 2:

You always ---- prefer to keep me on distance
So no wonder its -----

The chorus is:

If you can see it
If you can see it through my eyes
Why are we so di-ffe-rent?
(I) want you to feel it
(I) want you to know what it was like
Then maybe you'll understand

I have to be honest. Song is too bland for my taste.

Like the aggression & screams. Much appreciated

The chorus just absolutely ruins it for me. Hate the effect(like it in the bridge though), hate the way the lines are sung flat.

Just doesn't have replayability for me. Even if at the worst it becomes more of a filler track on the album, the non-singles that are less known even on Sounds of a Playground are miles ahead

Reactions: AtotheK
It has some elements of a good song, but as usual they refuse to build on that foundations and skip to the verse, then to chorus and then to unremarkable solo.

Really, would it kill them to do a song over 3.something minute long or do an intro that is longer than 15 seconds? God forbid some melody or harmony based on intro riff and then go to chugging and screaming?

Now, this same song, with same, but better developed ideas and much better solo, or even without one, would find a place on CC without problem.

As it is, their music is quite lazy, it is just a backup for 2-3 sung verses and same amount of choruses, repeated 10 or so times through out the album.

If we take The truth out of picture, you can easily find a fucked up basis for a good modern album on The End and TME.

Would rather have 9 well written songs than 13-14 more or less catchy choruses with a few riffs and 15 wanky boring solos scattered around them.

That's what is good about SOAPF. It sounds like they are actually trying to write decent songs. It has flaws, it is sometimes too long, it has recycled riffs and melodies, but it is still good.

I agree.

And unfortunately I don't think it'll happen again.

You know those harmonised melodic parts that we all know and love in In Flames? In the olden days they were all over the place, but in the modern era they'd be used for the bridge or after a solo. There is no doubt that Jesper was the driving force behind a lot of that style of songwriting.

It's quite evident that Björn is a pretty lazy songwriter.

Fuck, it's so much easier to write some great bridge riffs and melodies when you have a basic song already done. He just puts down the worst, wah-iest solo ever and calls it done. It's a damn shame.

Reactions: AtotheK and eochaid
I agree.

And unfortunately I don't think it'll happen again.

You know those harmonised melodic parts that we all know and love in In Flames? In the olden days they were all over the place, but in the modern era they'd be used for the bridge or after a solo. There is no doubt that Jesper was the driving force behind a lot of that style of songwriting.

It's quite evident that Björn is a pretty lazy songwriter.

Fuck, it's so much easier to write some great bridge riffs and melodies when you have a basic song already done. He just puts down the worst, wah-iest solo ever and calls it done. It's a damn shame.
So what did Jesper did from R2R up until ASOP? Did Björn just said "nah dude, chill, I got this" to (almost) every single song? Because you rarely find those parts in post-Clayman In Flames anymore.

Also, "we all know and love" is kinda delusional, when a vast majority of current fans (define fans howewer you'd like) does not know or even possibly love IF for those harmonised melodic parts. What are some of the post-Clayman fan favorites again? Coud Connected, The Quiet Place, Take This Life, Deliver Us, My Sweet Shadow, Crawl Through Knives, etc. The biggest Jesper influence in a modern IF song which is actually popular is probably the medley part in Alias.

I can give you that the solos sounded much better when Jesper was in the band. I know Björn did most of them too, but they sound harmonized instead of a fucking rock solo. I am sick and tired Björn stepping into the spotlight BY HIMSELF and doing some random ass rock solo, even if it sounds allright.

If you meant that kind of harmonised sounding (ie. compare Take This Life's harmonized sounding metal solo to Paralyzed's "I'm Slash" solo), then phrase it that way. It's true that even ASOP had that kind of sound.

edit: hell, why am I even mentioning two songs? Take Through My Eyes for example. Badass metal solo/riffing kicks in, hell yeaaaah, then out of nowhere, the 80s strikes back. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn. See, I don't care about Anders' USA autotune bullshit, especially because it makes the song very catchy and at least he is doing something new - love it or hate it. But Björn is doing these shitty ass solos since SOAPF. Yeah, I do like some of them, but Jesus, (almost) EVERY SINGLE FUCKING SONG? Sigh. I'm triggered.

So what did Jesper did from R2R up until ASOP? Did Björn just said "nah dude, chill, I got this" to (almost) every single song? Because you rarely find those parts in post-Clayman In Flames anymore.

That's not true. There were a lot of melodies in their music until jesper left.

Come Clarity was full of nice harmonies even if short at times i.e. Versus Terminus' solo

Whoever suggested IF should've been locked away in a cabin studio in the woods somewhere has a point

USA rock/metal is douchey and lame these days. Like, really shit now. Be much better to be in an obscure environment to better connect one's self with nature and have a more clear head than be in contact with a certain superficial atmosphere in a superficial town

Not much new life to be had in a place like LA, in a busy studio where one doesn't have much time to be freely inventive/creative. More like get to work and get this record done soon as possible

Reactions: AtotheK
USA rock/metal is douchey and lame these days. Like, really shit now. Be much better to be in an obscure environment to better connect one's self with nature and have a more clear head than be in contact with a certain superficial atmosphere in a superficial town
Was it ever good? :D I mean, it's no shame a dig a lot of US metal, for examle I love Soil and certain iterations of Drowning Pool. But it's never been as cool as nu metal for example.