IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

What bar? With every album their music is getting more simple to the point of being idiotic.

Also, I do not understand that thing with "layers". It sounds like IF were doing some super complicated stuff, multiple harmonized arpeggios going on, weird scales, weird rhythms... Nope, it's just regular guitar playing with occasional harmony and almost every song is perfectly viable live. But they are lazy and that's it. Fuck, they can't play OFTW live in a way every decent metal band would do. And no, having more vocal layers is not natural. It's just a way for that non-singer to cheat his way through a live show.

So, Arch Enemy can do their music live, Opeth can do their music live, DT can do their music live, Soilwork can do their music live. A number of more progressive, melodic and complex band can do their music live... but no, IF is special. They can only do chugga-chugga, butchered wah solos, 4/4 mid tempo drumming, and massive pre-recorded background, live.

Sorry, but that is just embarrassing.

New DT song and video:

I like it. Good video, even without band playing. Keys really shine on this album it seems.

I watched some live In Flames vids on the big screen on my PSVR tonight... fucking awesome :D

Having more vocal layers is not a new In Flames thing. Also, what's more natural? Having some vocal bits pre-recorded during live shows in the background, or having pre-recorded extra supporting guitar layers? Or not having the latter and having those songs in a much worse quality?
Having amounts of guitar and vocal,layers is not something new. The thing is to keep in mind, while recording them, how everything is going to sound live. Just look at Clayman. The song sounds good in studio and sounds great live, though they cannot play all the guitar layers. The solution is, of course, to not use pre-recorded sounds live.

You seem to be missing my point. If they won't record guitar layers because they cannot play it live, then the same should apply for vocals.

The first vocal verses are also very CC-ish. It's the same harsh, dry scream-ish thing that ruled CC, produced in a somewhat different way.

Holy shit dude, you sound like The Sun or some shit.

They mentioned this in older interviews (the lazyness) as well, the same way they said they are not A+ musicians by any means. Also, you got an explanation as well in your highlighted part, that they are improving themselves by putting the bar higher on each record.

Now, obviously this is PR bullshit; they are always trying new things, but going sideways is not necessarily improving quality.

Anyway, your conclusion is terrible. Like, he never even said they only became lazy nowadays, you just dreamt it there. You have to be a fool to think that with a depressed alcoholic in their circle they were 3 times more hard-working.

It doesn't help any side to stir bullshit like the way you just did.
I don't know if they were more hard working with Jesper, But at least they delivered great music. And today they release songs with programmed drums (unconfirmed, I know) and try to be just like any other pop metal band.
I'm sorry if I got the wrong impression from the interview, but that's how I got it. Maybe it's because I'm just dissapointed in them lately. idk... I hope the rest of the album is decent. And I really wanna hear this long Tool-ish song.

Reactions: only4theweak187
What bar? With every album their music is getting more simple to the point of being idiotic.

Also, I do not understand that thing with "layers". It sounds like IF were doing some super complicated stuff, multiple harmonized arpeggios going on, weird scales, weird rhythms... Nope, it's just regular guitar playing with occasional harmony and almost every song is perfectly viable live. But they are lazy and that's it. Fuck, they can't play OFTW live in a way every decent metal band would do. And no, having more vocal layers is not natural. It's just a way for that non-singer to cheat his way through a live show.

So, Arch Enemy can do their music live, Opeth can do their music live, DT can do their music live, Soilwork can do their music live. A number of more progressive, melodic and complex band can do their music live... but no, IF is special. They can only do chugga-chugga, butchered wah solos, 4/4 mid tempo drumming, and massive pre-recorded background, live.

Sorry, but that is just embarrassing.

New DT song and video:

I like it. Good video, even without band playing. Keys really shine on this album it seems.

Wow! great song!

Btw, any Korn fans here? their whole new album is up on their yt channel.

crazy how they sound heavier than IF these days.

Not a big Korn fan, but I have to admit this new album sounds promising. A few really good songs, a bit back-to-the-roots even.

DE4 wish I could get on PSN but the DDOS attack today has my shit down.

All I know is, the random older songs they played in fall 2015 combat that constant quote of "its too hard to play songs with a bunch of tracks and layers"

Wow! great song!

Couldnt listen the full album, but they have pretty good songs. Everything Falls Apart is probably my favorite so far. (Not including singles).

Btw I'm so curious about "Before I Fall" from the new IF album.

"MS: Was there a riff you just couldn't wait to play?

BG: Yeah, quite a few of them. There was one riff in my head which was so awesome that I just couldn't wait to record it. But when I started recording it, it kind of sucked. It was really hard to play, but in my head it was f**cking awesome. It is called 'Before I fall'. It is one of the last songs that came to the record besides Wallflower. But that intro riff, not the first little melody bouncing guitars, the actual riffing, and in my head it was so f**cking good and then when I started playing it, it was like "S**t this is hard'. In the end I managed to play it properly. It was a b**ch in the beginning. It is a combination of timing and making it clean so you can hear everything and not be sloppy about it. It is just a matter of technique."

Reactions: AtotheK
Insomnium is playing Winter's Gate live.

Reactions: A88
Through my Eyes has grown on me quite a lot as a song.

The solo still sucks, the production still blows-- but its enjoyable to listen to. It's much less boring than The End after repeated listens.

Insomnium is playing Winter's Gate live.

Yeah, but Insomnium is sloppy playing their music live sometimes. Then again, their music is more atmospheric and hard to pull off without proper sound and additional layers-members. With IF from any phase it's just a matter of adjusting the song for maximum impact live.

Wow! great song!

Amazing album!! My favorites are Insane,Black Is The Soul, the Hating and Die Yet Another Night

Issues/Untouchables/TALITM Korn is best Korn. I will hear no arguments to the contrary.

But then, I haven't listened to them since, like, 2004. :U

My opinion of "Through My Eyes" has changed for the better. I dig it. It's just ASOP as hell so it was a bit jarring to listen to at first. Not like I hate that album, of course. But give this song, say, Colony production (or even STYE - yeah, I went there) and this would sound much more familiar and not so suspiciously like Papa Roach.

New DT song is pretty good! This is shaping up to be a better album than Construct, which I thought was admirably experimental but unfortunately on the bland side. The music videos for Atoma have been pretty different compared to their previous work. Actor Stanne is the best Stanne.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/in...inking-ship-comment-he-doesnt-really-mean-it/

"Well, we actually play music in another band — Jesper and I — that we're gonna go public with in the next week or so, so we have a good relationship; we're good friends."

I wonder how many times guys from IF have to save Jesper's ass. He's doing it again and again, saying negative things etc. But the guys (even Anders) doesnt say anything bad about him. It must be hard for them.

Well, that's not true. Jesper said like two or three negative comments, then jesterslave came and made it look as if he is always bashing the band.

Holy shit, those Jesper comments! Pretty funny, but it sucks to hear, of course. I didn't realize there was such animosity between him and Anders.

Kind of weird to hear Jesper say that he had no impact as a songwriter. You can clearly hear a dramatic shift in the band's sound between ASOP and SOAPF, which I always attributed to Jesper's departure.

I also didn't realize things were going poorly for him on the rehabilitation front. I was surprised to hear about what happened with the Resistance and what Rob Hakemo had to say about him.

EDIT: Oh god, I love seeing people freak out when Jesper shares a Korn video on his FB page. "I like Nickelback. Suck on that!"

Well, that's not true. Jesper said like two or three negative comments, then jesterslave came and made it look as if he is always bashing the band.

Actually he bashed IF a lot man. Not just two or three negative comments, we discussed all of them here you know that too. But I like the bands attitude about him. Not any bad words.

I mean a decently established heavy metal band, that can fill a small club and nearly sellout every medium-large venue in almost every continent... All that grinding, traveling for years, memories, living in the weird bubble of a tour bus for weeks etc. etc. Can all put you in a place mentally where you feel above any horse shit drama, people shit talking you online etc. etc. When you can still keep playing shows either at a stagnant level or even increasing #'s of fans... Having a good time and still making new music...

Their lifestyle is insanely rare. They don't interpret things and see shit the way the rest of us do.

I think we try to make too much sense in too different of a reality than a lot of bands can relate to and understand sometimes