IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Sounds like another album I won't be buying. That'll mean I've only bought one of the last four albums (SOAPF).

I'm getting mixed signals.

Like, if it's unanimously (from all the reviews so far) objectively "better" than Siren Charms, then there's at least that, I guess.

I flat out hate the choir in "The Truth". It works really well in "The End" though, really dig it as it just fits the song.

So basically, we're going to have a bunch of songs that will be 50/50 divided between people, especially between us here I'm guessing.

Since I'm pretty open-minded, liking all kinds of rock/metal, I guess I can see myself liking a few songs for what they are. Especially since I'm hearing there's a half & half mix of screams/singing which is nice to hear after SC.

Two years later, I only listen to "With Eyes Wide Open", "Siren Charms" and "The Chase" from SC. So of course I will listen to songs off ANY album that's considered "better" than it and will probably find a few I like.

Ultimately, my focus isn't the new material, really. Its more of I hope they still enjoy playing epic songs like Bullet Ride or Clayman live... And just keep making the music they wanna make. Fine with me... As long as they fully realize the great reception they got when playing older songs on those tours in 2015.

This will be the ultimate one-use mindless IF album. Happy SC.

No significant songs, riffs, solos or melodies. Not even real hits. Pleasant plastic music for people to consume and forget. Real pop with some distorted guitars and screams.

Rock/metal should be something more or we should all go listen mtv top20. Still no sign.riffs, melodies and solos, but at least some better singing, catchier choruses, and why not say it, some nice asses bouncing over the whole screen.

Reactions: eochaid and DE4life
I'll get it on Spotify. If I enjoy it a lot, i'll buy it as I did with all other IF albums (apart from SC and Lunar Strain).

The lyrics and vocals made ASOP a non-purchase for me, not to mention shitty production.

SOAPF, great. Happy to give them some cash for that effort.

SC, give me a break. If you can't be bothered to write good music why should I be bothered to buy your album?

Battles... sounds like the above but with more superficial melodies. I will wait to judge fully, but I've got a bad feeling.

Whats wrong with your attitudes guys? You're basicly saying that every review that saying bad about the new album is true, and when we see something positive blah blah its bullshit they want albums again blah. We didnt even hear the album and seeing posts like that makes me wanna laugh actually. Lets hear the whole album first,then judge.

The only positive reviews so far have absolutely ridiculous statements in them. Show me a balanced one that doesn't scream "bullshit" to any sensible person reading it and I'll be more interested.

Reactions: only4theweak187
But every person has its own opinion. So ill say lets just wait for the album. And then we'll see.
But i know the reviews are mixed as fuck.

And i hope the new song Save Me is gonna be on spotify tonight at 00.00
Im pretty excited :)

Whats wrong with your attitudes guys? You're basicly saying that every review that saying bad about the new album is true, and when we see something positive blah blah its bullshit they want albums again blah. We didnt even hear the album and seeing posts like that makes me wanna laugh actually. Lets hear the whole album first,then judge.
It's not about positive or negative reviews. I can tell by the content if the gouys are being or not being honests. When the review looks as if it was written by the band's management then I considere it dishonest. On the same way, if a review says that everything is awful, I will also considere it to be dishonest.

But every person has its own opinion. So ill say lets just wait for the album. And then we'll see.
But i know the reviews are mixed as fuck.

And i hope the new song Save Me is gonna be on spotify tonight at 00.00
Im pretty excited :)
I expect the album to be leaked sometime between tonight and tomorrow night.

Reactions: Dogge670
Because we have still not read a review that saying everything is shit.

Exactly. The more "negative" reviews tend to be quite balanced, pointing out some things that are good as well as what is bad.

The positive reviews meanwhile talk about this album being a fucking metal masterpiece that will echo throughout the ages :D barring those who are naive or have an agenda, it's pretty obvious these are little more than paid advertisements masquerading as "reviews".

Exactly. The more "negative" reviews tend to be quite balanced, pointing out some things that are good as well as what is bad.

The positive reviews meanwhile talk about this album being a fucking metal masterpiece that will echo throughout the ages :D barring those who are naive or have an agenda, it's pretty obvious these are little more than paid advertisements masquerading as "reviews".

http://www.thenationalstudent.com/Music/2016-11-02/album-review-in-flames-battles.html

I thought this was pretty bad - they compare the music to a drunken night and a horrid experience for starters
There is no balance or positive remarks.

http://www.thenationalstudent.com/Music/2016-11-02/album-review-in-flames-battles.html

I thought this was pretty bad - they compare the music to a drunken night and a horrid experience for starters
There is no balance or positive remarks.

Well, that's not totally true

The band’s fourth album since they switched to their new, cleaner style – and twelfth overall – Battles is a release that is akin to a very, very, very drunken night out. While you’re experiencing it, it’s fun, exciting and filled with energy. But shortly after it’s over and you have time to reflect, you find yourself unable to remember a lot of it and become increasingly filled with regret about what you do remember, to the point where you question how you could actually enjoy it in the first place.

Then the guy explains his reasons for a bad review. It is argumented. Another thing is if you like his reasons or if you don't.