IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Sounds about right imo.

Anyway, you'll get reviewers on extreme ends of the negative spectrum too. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Yagami's review was pretty fair and balanced, maybe you should reread that. A review from somebody who is unquestionably an In Flames fan and who is pretty balanced in his opinions. Compare that to some of the ultra positive reviews and ask yourself why they differ so greatly. The answer is quite obvious.

Everyone who thinks this is metal masterpiece, that riffs are great and brutal, solos awesome and tasteful, should be shot. Stalin style.

Reactions: eochaid
Oh my fuck... I don't care, this fucking rules, it sounds so damn epic.

It's got cool dual guitar work, and I love Anders' screams in the verses

How on earth is this epic? With every new song that we have I'm more convinced that they're going 30 seconds to mars. The way that anders is trying to imitate Jared leto is embarrassing.

Then it sounds as if the mixed three different incomplete songs into a single one.

As for the guitar work, I thought that they were going to put more effort into this album. My mistake. It's the same effortless work that they did with sc but with a better production. What is wrong with them to not try to bring a proper guitar melody?

Reactions: A88
My God.

So, intro I won't even talk about. Then some, let's say, OK guitar melody. Yes it sounds like some random ripoff you've already heard a thousand times, but doesn't matter. For some strange reason they refuse to harmonize it properly.

Usual useless verse with weird "singing". Then kind of, but just about not, catchy chorus with vocals you would expect from the most annoying US teen emo band. Then few seconds of slow, plodding melody, going nowhere, no climax, some lame harmony (guess this is what TheJestersDoor considers "cool dual guitar work"). At least this time there was no Bjorn wahing the shit out of solo. Then some part from another song, then, oh surprise, surprise, chorus. And standard issue outro for song-album.

No, not epic. This is shit. I don't know does this even qualifies as modern rock?

I was joking, but it seems I was right. They need keyboard player more then they need second guitar player. Does this song even has a riff or something? And drums... Fuck. Boring, obvious, boring.

Honestly, some SC stuff was better than this.

Last edited:
The End is still the best of the leaked songs by some distance.

Save Me... Intro is OK. Verses pretty lousy. Chorus fine if you like Anders' clean singing. Listen to the guitar chugging away aimlessly in the background though. Nice that there isn't a wanky solo.

I like that there's more energy than SC, but none of the leaked songs are a patch on SOAPF or even, dare I say it, ASOP.

While The Truth is some dance, pop, whatever thingy... this one is just as offensive with that shitty modern "rock" signature all over it.

Just today, I bumped into Ordinary Story on youtube. To think that the same band came up with that, a this song with 0 riffs, 0 solos, 1 half decent melody, and all the whiny singing backed up with a lot of electronics.

DE4life is right. We've heard 4 songs. 1/3 of the album. So far, we have 2 songs that could go as lesser songs on SOAPF or ASOP, filler material, and 2 disgusting pieces of commercial excrement (btw, I hope that "oh, they are evolving" crew is going to shut up now, finally!)

Bonus round:

Gather the faithful and propose a toast
To the epoch of indifference

vs

Somebody save me,
Somebody save me,
- whine, whine, high pitched girlish scream, whine -
So save me.
So save me

or

We are, we are, we are
We are the truth that hurts the most cause
We are, we are, we are
It hurts when your denial is exposed
It hurts when your denial is exposed

vs

Who run the world? Girls! [x4]
Who run this motha? Girls! [x4]
Who run the world? Girls! [x4]

Reactions: eochaid and DE4life
Well I still like it.i don't care if it's commercial, I listen to Papa Roach and Breaking Benjamin as well as stuff like Scar Symmetry, so I don't care In Flames sounds like it does now as I still like it. although, Through My Eyes has got broing to me, the mixing still sucks and the chorus and prechorus aren't very good.

Last edited:
Oh, and drums do sound badly programmed.

This is the stuff people do in guitarpro to have something do the rhythm while they play guitar. That mind numbing cymbals through whole fucking song.

It's quite alright.

The issue is that it won't have any longetivity. It's too simple.

That's the most frustrating part about all of this. If they gave themselves another year, to take these songs, flesh them out, they'd be so much better.

I'm hoping the album doesn't leak as I want to listen to it in its entirity on release day when my CD arrives. I can't wait to see this forum once everyone has heard the whole album! it will no doubt be chaotic

Song is generally ok. Guitar work is more interesting than all the other songs released so far.

Chorus is really catchy but i dont like the high pitched singing. Theres no chance Anders will pull this off live.

The bridge could have been longer with a second riff or a continuation of the harmonised riff.

Generally songs are have more energy and improved compared to SC but not as good as SOAPF.

Reactions: only4theweak187
^ Agreed.

Just a shame that these songs are basically forgettable.
The chorus is much too like a radio-rock band, as well as the overall structure of the song.

Screams are good. They don't match the lighter feel of the bridges/choruses though

"Save Me" is like...haha, okay. It reminds me of those post-hardcore songs on Fuse I'd mute while waiting for the good stuff. Think Rise Against or The Used. Please, In Flames. It pains me to even make that comparison.

I like the verses, though! Neat groove. With the exception of "Through My Eyes", I think the verses have been the standout moments of the songs released so far.

I dig it, but again, this is so not In Flames. Even their more out-there records (STYE, Siren Charms, etc) have that IF touch, but this isn't even in the same ballpark. It's made even more jarring now that Dark Tranquillity just wrote their best album since 2002, so of course my expectations are higher.

Having said that, "The Truth" is still my favorite song from this record so far.