IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

When do u guys think previews will come? And when it will get leaked? A few days before release? DTs new album got leaked over a week before launch but like. Korn's new album wasnt leaked at all.

Yeah I suspect tracks will start to leak out soon. With siren charms, Everything's Gone, WTWE and Filtered Tuth all leaked before the album was released.

Reactions: Dogge670
Yeah I suspect tracks will start to leak out soon. With siren charms, Everything's Gone, WTWE and Filtered Tuth all leaked before the album was released.

One week before release is typical. I would expect it to leak Friday or Monday. With siren charms it was leaked 2 weeks before release in the USA because that album came out a week early in Sweden and Japan I believe. But still a week early to the day an actual album was up for sale.

I have to say something...
The guitar-work in Battles is destined to be wrongfully underestimated (you will understand later). Now when I think about it, I'm on the edge of saying that almost ALL In Flames albums are masterpieces when it comes to the writing. However... it is misleading.

What is?

The production.
My issue is that the people mixing and mastering the albums make the damn things too muddy, mostly way too focused on bringing in the bass as big and loud as possible, draining things out. I've just taken a very deep look into Cloud Connected's work and I am amazed by how wrong the bass makes the ears wander away in completely misleading our understanding of the actual complexity in the chorus riff. - Then again, when played live, they mislead us even more, intentionally playing the wrong things. What do I mean? I mean that they play the bass lines, not the guitar lines.

For what reason?

I can think of a few.
1. Too difficult to play. - When it comes to Cloud Connected, I have to say that I FULLY understand it.
2. Too many guitar tracks layered, meaning they're destined to not be heard in the final product and as such not being the focus of live play.

Had to get this off of my chest...

...Cloud Connected is my new favorite track. I am just so fucking blown away right now.

Last edited:
I have to say something...
The guitar-work in Battles is destined to be wrongfully underestimated (you will understand later). Now when I think about it, I'm on the edge of saying that almost ALL In Flames albums are masterpieces when it comes to the writing. However... it is misleading.

What is?

The production.
My issue is that the people mixing and mastering the albums make the damn things too muddy, mostly way too focused on bringing in the bass as big and loud as possible, draining things out. I've just taken a very deep look into Cloud Connected's work and I am amazed by how wrong the bass makes the ears wander away in completely misleading our understanding of the actual complexity in the chorus riff. - Then again, when played live, they mislead us even more, intentionally playing the wrong things. What do I mean? I mean that they play the bass lines, not the guitar lines.

For what reason?

I can think of a few.
1. Too difficult to play. - When it comes to Cloud Connected, I have to say that I FULLY understand it.
2. Too many guitar tracks layered, meaning they're destined to not be heard in the final product and as such not being the focus of live play.

Had to get this off of my chest...

Yeah, the reason they play it that way live is because they're lazy as fuck :D always have been, always will be. Listen to the OFTW solo live in comparison to how it is on record...

Man, I forgot how awesome Stand Ablaze is :cool: they really should have rerecorded that during the Colony sessions, as opposed to Clad in Shadows. Don't get me wrong, CiS '99 is great, but Stand Ablaze '99 would have been killer. Nowadays they couldn't do it justice, so it's a totally wasted opportunity.

Reactions: Midas
Going to have to check that out.
Oh right, Stand Ablaze is really really good. Definitely wouldn't have been wrong to redo it, but to mix it correctly please thank you. :3

Last edited:
Clad in shadows 99 is amazing. Stand ablaze is probably my all time favorite IF song.

Must say, i've been impressed with Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold and DT latest outings. My expectations were pretty low going in, but was pleasantly surprised.

Metallica's first 3 songs are awesome IMO, and is a huge improvement from Death Magnetic. The songs make up a good blend from the classic and Load/Garage Inc eras - which is how Metallica should sound like nowadays - not that Lulu/St Anger crap.

Avenged Sevenfold's direction in the new album was totally unexpected given their last few releases were more straightforward heavy metal sound destined for the radio. The album has so much variety and skill - they seem to be fulfilling their potential with this one.

Going to have to check that out.
Oh right, Stand Ablaze is really really good. Definitely wouldn't have been wrong to redo it, but to mix it correctly please thank you. :3

The Subterranean mix isn't amazing, but what can ya do?

For the record, it also sounds incredible live. Anders changed the lyrics to get rid off all the stuff about suicide. I kind of get that, though, and the new lyrics work fine too.

Last edited:
Cloud Connected's chorus in the studio version... I've ALWAYS been able to hear that almost hidden guitar track Yagami's talking about thats buried deep underneath layers

Anders once said he doesn't even know the correct Stand Ablaze lyrics. I believe it was in an interview... He was explaining why they don't play certain old songs live anymore. One reason was some of the songs have 3 or more guitar tracks and therefore they don't sound as good live as they should. And for Stand Ablaze another reason was given: Anders said no-one, included himself, knows the correct lyrics. (To my understanding, Henke Forss wasn't completely satisfied with his lyrical work for Subterranean and therefore didn't want his lyrics in the booklet)

The S.A. lyrics at DarkLyrics.com seem accurate to me though. Actually I once copy-pasted the link to In Flames's guestbook and wrote something like "now you know the lyrics and the music will be fine with just two guitars, please play it" but as we can see, that wasn't of much help. :)

Anders once said he doesn't even know the correct Stand Ablaze lyrics. I believe it was in an interview... He was explaining why they don't play certain old songs live anymore. One reason was some of the songs have 3 or more guitar tracks and therefore they don't sound as good live as they should. And for Stand Ablaze another reason was given: Anders said no-one, included himself, knows the correct lyrics. (To my understanding, Henke Forss wasn't completely satisfied with his lyrical work for Subterranean and therefore didn't want his lyrics in the booklet)

The S.A. lyrics at DarkLyrics.com seem accurate to me though. Actually I once copy-pasted the link to In Flames's guestbook and wrote something like "now you know the lyrics and the music will be fine with just two guitars, please play it" but as we can see, that wasn't of much help. :)

The lyrics to Stand Ablaze aren't hard to work out, for a native English speaker anyway. They are absolutely clear.

"The time is now (the time is now)
Please tell me how (please tell me how)
Set ablaze

Crying
Remembering...

How it used to be
Scarred for eternity
Was it meant to be?
Our life in harmony

Screaming
Regretting

Solitary life
Committing suicide
Seeking sanctuary
From this world... contrary

Stand ablaze (stand ablaze)
Screaming
As the flames caress my face
Stand ablaze"

Wasn't there a rumour that Forss hid the lyrics to Subterranean in a wall, or something? :D

Also, I find the multiple guitar tracks excuse laughable when Anders has about a million tracks layered over his vocals these days. If he's going to make up excuses he could at least make them plausible. For the Lunar/Sub stuff there's plenty of legit reasons why they'd choose not to play them - most of the band members weren't actually in the band at that time, Anders wasn't doing lyrics or vocals, not many people know or really like the albums, etc. All fair enough. The guitar tracks excuse is just nonsense, as an excuse for any album. They played all of this stuff throughout the 90's and early 00 and it sounded absolutely fine.

If there's one thing that pisses me off more than anything about In Flames, it's their ridiculous excuses for not playing the old stuff. Just admit you don't really like playing it live and be done with it. We all know.

Yeah, I have heard the same rumour about the original lyric sheet getting bricked in a wall. :D

The Subterranean lyrics aren't amazingly-crafted, necessarily, but I think they fit the music fine.

Subterranean's lyrics sometimes remind me of a vampire light-erotica :D but yeah, they suit the music and aren't terrible. Now, if the ASOP lyrics were shamefully buried behind a wall that would make sense.

I bought Sweden Rock Magazine today because there was like a 10 page interview with both björn and anders. There are some interesting stuff in there.
Like the producer (Howard) wanted to do midi drums on the album (wtf) but björn and anders wanted real drums so. Its not midi drums on the album.
And for the songs.
Its apperently alot of electronic element. Like.. alot. More than any other album by them. What it says here. And wallflower is a track that changes from doomy riifs to nude melancholy. Here untilnforever is a lightrr up in the air arena song. As much screams from anders as cleans. And it has a load of riffs. So yeah. It got a 8/10 from the magazine.

It's hilarious how the band love electronics but refuse to hire an actual keyboard player.

Considering the drums are basically programmed these days anyway, whether they're actually played by Christian Joe or not, they should have just hired a keyboardist instead of a drummer.

Reactions: eochaid