IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

It isn't. There was that one "Fukk yea! Dis album rulez. Go buy, buy, buy!"

Alright so what I gather from Google translate, looking at like 5 diff reviews so far...

- Basically a more upbeat, faster tempo Siren Charms with minor improvements

- Happy sounding(California-ish? Yuck)

- Too much choir usage

...Can't wait.

Waiting for the more mainstream review sites, should be interesting to say the least loooooooool

Reactions: Midas and AtotheK
Any Dope listeners around here? Their last album released few days ago and I loved this song. It have some good riffs and melodies. I love the lead on the chorus. Atleast its more melodic than The Truth. Use and abuse it.

Any Dope listeners around here? Their last album released few days ago and I loved this song. It have some good riffs and melodies. I love the lead on the chorus. Atleast its more melodic than The Truth. Use and abuse it.

That's dope.

Kay.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
Yeah I never liked that nu-metaly, industrial stuff like Sybreed and shit like that. Only one or maybe two songs at most if they don't get too overly into their own genre.

But at least they're not confused with what they want to do.

I just hope IF found some older tunes they liked playing on that short tour they did this time last year. Seeing them next month and hopefully it won't be a recently-focused set.

I believe especially here in the states they should have found that songs like Embody The Invisible, Clayman and Bullet Ride(played at Hellfest and RAR too) received a great response live and older songs are happily welcomed in their shows... Even here, where USA crowds, while we do have great pits and decent energy still give nowhere near the action I've noticed European crowds do.

Yeah I never liked that nu-metaly, industrial stuff like Sybreed and shit like that. Only one or maybe two songs at most if they don't get too overly into their own genre.

But at least they're not confused with what they want to do.

I just hope IF found some older tunes they liked playing on that short tour they did this time last year. Seeing them next month and hopefully it won't be a recently-focused set.

I believe especially here in the states they should have found that songs like Embody The Invisible, Clayman and Bullet Ride(played at Hellfest and RAR too) received a great response live and older songs are happily welcomed in their shows... Even here, where USA crowds, while we do have great pits and decent energy still give nowhere near the action I've noticed European crowds do.
Where are you seeing them? I'm seeing them in Pittsburgh.

Reviewers and interviewers need to stop obsessing with the 90's sound. You'd have to be a fucking idiot to think that they could or would go back to producing albums like TJR or Whoracle. With Jesper gone and Anders' voice the way it is, the best we can really hope for is another SOAPF.

In fact, instead of interviewers asking them about TJR, I'd rather they asked them about SOAPF and why they've moved away from what was a fantastic modern sound.

Reviewers and interviewers need to stop obsessing with the 90's sound. You'd have to be a fucking idiot to think that they could or would go back to producing albums like TJR or Whoracle. With Jesper gone and Anders' voice the way it is, the best we can really hope for is another SOAPF.

In fact, instead of interviewers asking them about TJR, I'd rather they asked them about SOAPF and why they've moved away from what was a fantastic modern sound.

I agree but if you look at social media, a lot of people are complaining that they want the pre-Clayman style back. Obviously these people don't really understand the band and the transformation over the last 15 years (irregardless whether you consider it to be a good or bad transformation). But as long as people keep complaining about this topic the press will keep asking the same questions.

Another album the level of Sounds of a Playground should be the standard. Anything lesser COULD work if they just follow a simple formula that I always post hehehe

-Lead Guitar Riff or Melody(Melody preferred)
-Verse w/ Screams(Self vs Self or even SOAPF style)
-Bridge that builds up nicely
-Chorus catchy/memorable
-Good Solo
-One more repeat of Chorus
-Finish with lead guitar riff/melody once more

Electronics, Guitar Breaks, Refrains, Synths, Choirs, Vocal Effects etc. All are welcome if they fit the song

^Simple formula that functions for modern IF well(The Chase, The End, Where Dead Ships Dwell, Abnegation, Cloud Connected etc.)

Weird influences and too "out there" experimental things that veer far off from the quality, simplified heavy metal songs they could make if they wanted to doesn't help the cause

I mean, Cloud Connected is a very simple song, the synths add atmosphere but structure and guitar wise, it's very simple. Such a timeless riff and I imagine not too complex of a song to write?

I mean, Cloud Connected is a very simple song, the synths add atmosphere but structure and guitar wise, it's very simple. Such a timeless riff and I imagine not too complex of a song to write?

Mmmh... Think I can't hold your hand in that statement.

Edit: Fine, I agree.

Edit2: I disagree again... having taken a deep look at it.

Last edited:
Anyone saw the news on Twitter? If you pre-ordered the album, you can hear 3 songs instantly. Wonder which songs they released.