IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Well, everything is relative. But that review is not objective.

OK, he likes it. That is fine. Some people like to eat shit, or dirt, or to hug trees. Not my kind of thing, but that is their right.

When they write a review about it, if they say: "Now, this big shit sausage was still warm and stinky when I tried it, and it was fantastic." or "That tree was all hard and lumpy with gentle wind blowing and moving leaves around my naked body"

That is seriously sick, but objective.

On the other hand, if they say: "Now, this big bowl of chocolate ice cream was perfect, like ice cream (you scream, we scream...) was in the old days. Sweet and natural" or "That girl was wearing green dress, her soft skin was perfect and she was all over me."

Yes, he still likes it, but he is outright deluded or lying about thing he's reviewing.

Same is true about this IF reviews. Dude, it's fine if you like simple emo songs without any notable guitar work, synthetic generic drums and pop choruses. But don't try to sell it as some metal masterpiece, deeper meanings, complex songwriting, bestial growls and angelic cleans, soaring guitar melodies, epic solos and skin peeling riffs.

Oh God... I was a way from home for a week withought going online, and now after reading all those comments I'm going to listen to the new signle. I have to admit. I'm worried.

Same is true about this IF reviews. Dude, it's fine if you like simple emo songs without any notable guitar work, synthetic generic drums and pop choruses. But don't try to sell it as some metal masterpiece, deeper meanings, complex songwriting, bestial growls and angelic cleans, soaring guitar melodies, epic solos and skin peeling riffs.
this.

I don't even know what to say about this song. It's not the worst IF song ever, but it's close. The intro is HORRIBLE. Drums are shit. Melody and screams are decent. The AUTOTUNE in the chorus is killing me!!!! wtf were they thinking??? I don't know if I even want to buy this album anymore. And tbh, so far SC is a better album overall (wev'e heard a third of this one already).

He may have been high when writing this. :D

Says the guy who said that the review comment of comparing Battles to a drunken night out was fine.:p

In metal music there have always been a balance between music and vocals. Both things have always share the same importance when writing the songs. SC and, specially, what we have heard so far, has broken that balance. The music is just a mere excuse, a background. All that matters is anders work. That is what they're trying to highlight, and the work that Bjorn is doing in the solo parts of those songs is proof enough. They do not care to bring good guitar melodies, they just try to get rid off them as soon as possible to focus on what they really care, the vocal melodies.

He may have been high when writing this. :D

Says the guy who said that the review comment of comparing Battles to a drunken night out was fine.:p
And it was. The guy wanted to express a feeling and he chose what I think was a right comparison. Another thing is that you probably won't share his feelings about the album. But he wanted to share his view and he did it in a way that all of the people reading the review would understand.

In metal music there have always been a balance between music and vocals. Both things have always share the same importance when writing the songs. SC and, specially, what we have heard so far, has broken that balance. The music is just a mere excuse, a background. All that matters is anders work. That is what they're trying to highlight, and the work that Bjorn is doing in the solo parts of those songs is proof enough. They do not care to bring good guitar melodies, they just try to get rid off them as soon as possible to focus on what they really care, the vocal melodies.

I think they are trying to cut the song length to mainstream/radio standards and focus on choruses. Which leaves songs sounding as if half finished.
Examples are: second verse of The End, bridge of Save Me. These could have been easily extended if they made the effort.

Yes, it could. And they could have put more effort into the guitars. They didn't. And, as you said, they're doing an effort to be more commercial.

I was listening to Crawl Through Knives at lunch. A great example of a modern In Flames song with energy, great melodies, and acceptable vocals. Most noticeable is the absolute lack of ProTools on screams and minimal usage on cleans. Mostly it's just using multiple tracks. It sounds so much more organic and real than anything off SC or Battles.

Reactions: eochaid
Using th logic that Crawl through Knives is a modern In Flames song (10 years old) means when Come Clarity was released, TJR was, at the time, a modern In Flames album. not disagreeing with your point (far from it), I'm just pointing out the logic flaw :p

Modern doesn't necessarily relate specifically to time in this instance. "Modern" In Flames tends to be anything post-Clayman, as the albums up until 2000 are generally regarded as the classics.