IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

DE, is Bottled still the worst song ever?

Good question. TCP might actually have stolen that honour.

In context of In Flames' genuine, proper metal songs, Bottled is still the worst for me. In terms of their overall, entire discography... no. TCP is worse. At least Bottled improves ever so slightly in a live setting. TCP is as dull and dreary live as it is on CD.

I think Save Me is quite alright. Didn't like it at all the first time, but now I find it pretty good. I like the chorus (except for the last high pitched note, just sounds weird) and the guitar melodies are really good. Reminds me a bit of Come Clarity-ish harmonies with the guitars. The verses just sounded weird at first, which it still does, just not as much. I think that talk/sing-to-scream transition can be good sometimes, but when it's on every word/sentence in the verses it just sound odd. Decide if you wanna scream or sing. Looking at what other people think about Save Me, it's third best out of the 4 so far. People like The End > Through My Eyes > Save Me > The Truth. The End almost ''everyone'' likes.

Probably won't be a record I'll listen to every day through and through but should be some good songs that hopefully keeps being good for a while. I'm all for Devin Townsend now mostly anyways, 25+ records to choose from with pretty much all styles of music you could think of, so it suits every different mood I'm in.

Album should leak any day, hopefully this weekend. Interested in the Wallflower song especially.

Reactions: Ilias7 and AtotheK
Devin is amazing. I love that he helped produce and did some vocals on Soilwork's Natural Born Chaos.

My God.

So, intro I won't even talk about. Then some, let's say, OK guitar melody. Yes it sounds like some random ripoff you've already heard a thousand times, but doesn't matter. For some strange reason they refuse to harmonize it properly.

Usual useless verse with weird "singing". Then kind of, but just about not, catchy chorus with vocals you would expect from the most annoying US teen emo band. Then few seconds of slow, plodding melody, going nowhere, no climax, some lame harmony (guess this is what TheJestersDoor considers "cool dual guitar work"). At least this time there was no Bjorn wahing the shit out of solo. Then some part from another song, then, oh surprise, surprise, chorus. And standard issue outro for song-album.

No, not epic. This is shit. I don't know does this even qualifies as modern rock?

I was joking, but it seems I was right. They need keyboard player more then they need second guitar player. Does this song even has a riff or something? And drums... Fuck. Boring, obvious, boring.

Honestly, some SC stuff was better than this.

Haha, good to see you're still around, A88! You complain with style :D

Been flying through parts of this thread. can't help but wonder, how would things be around here if the truth didn't exist?

Anders says, "Save me" 21 times in the song. Holy horse shit. Is it just so he doesn't forget the name of the song?

I see it as an awakening. He's clearly suffering from a major identity crisis and is now finally asking for help. It's taken time and he's been trying so hard. Somebody save him!

Listen to Casualties of Cool. Amazing acoustic album.
I've heard literally everything with him already and been listening daily to him last 2-3 years at least. Don't actually listen to SYL at all really though, mostly his solo stuff. Ocean Machine & Terria, is just masterpieces. Easily best voice in metal in my opinion. Casualties is also really good, usually listen to that while at work, along with Ghost. I could talk for ages about his releases.

Devin is amazing. I love that he helped produce and did some vocals on Soilwork's Natural Born Chaos.
Also produced all the vocals for Sworn to a Great Divide which was also an amazing album just sadly with bad mixing/mastering on the guitars who made it sound thin and bad. The new remastered versions of a couple of Sworn songs they released this fall sounded 10 times better. If the actual album would have that sound it would have been really good.

I have to say I am very impressed with the creativity in the new release. The thing I like about IF the most is that every album sounds fresh!! Whether or not you like or agree with the direction the band is headed, the vibe and sonic's are very fresh. I will say that the guitar riff under the chorus is extremely rehashed and for the first time I can say I miss Daniel and that the drumming is just straight-up boring. We need to give Rick a chance though. Let him grow on albums to come. He probably just wanted to be as succinct and tight as possible for the band and didn't really expand from what he can actually do. No disrespect to any other's opinion.

so how many think the album will leak over night tonight? so far the fact that it hasn't is kind of surprising to me cause every album i have followed on release usually does exactly a week or more before release. i am thinking more like Monday if I was to guess....

Another weird thing about Save Me.

Short, simple as it gets, song... and yet they managed to fuck up transitions between song parts. Another SC trademark.

Come on, guys, a little more effort.

Reactions: AtotheK
Been flying through parts of this thread. can't help but wonder, how would things be around here if the truth didn't exist?

It threw a giant monkey wrench into our mostly favorable initial receptions for The End, just a few hours later The Truth leaked... And we were back to arguing about why it's good/sucked

It was kind of nice around here for those few hours, I liked it. Almost all unanimously agreeing that The End was a fine new song and decent enough direction for IF to go these days... After SC