IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Well I guess I took the wrong 2 days for my little vacation. I missed all the fun! Damn it.

Anyway listened Save Me bunch of times now, Overall I liked the song. The melody was good and catchy. I liked the clean guitar at background. Intro was different and I loved it. It would be more awesome if they used scream on the intro instead of clean. Drums was meh, you can feel the absence of Daniel indeed. The transitions was painful to listen didnt like that. Solo seemed fine on the preview but I didnt like it on the song. Thats why I hate previews I guess.

So we heard 4 songs for now and here's my my list:

1- Through My Eyes
2- The End
3- Save Me
14- The Truth

I wont be putting The Truth to 4th place of course even though I didnt hear the other songs. The song grew on me but that doesnt change the fact that its not a IF song.

"We do drum programming, then we remove them and do real drums."
Anders seems aware of what people say about the drums. I still do not hear real drums when I listen, but it may be... and if so, the sound still is shit.

Can't remember the last time I've heard drumming and drum sound so bad and artificial.

Sometimes it's just painful. Sure, IF was never about drums. While Bjorn was doing the job, drums were barely adequate. Daniel was naturally better, but done nothing fancy, save a few moments. But this... It drags already bad songs even further down.

Oh, and LOL. I was playing Save me on YT. After that, WTWE live started. Just listen that opening riff, and chorus riff in Save me. Like 90% same.

Reactions: Midas and AtotheK
Man, this shit is even driving Slave to the dark side. Ripping into Anders like never before :cool: nice.

For the record, though, I like Billy Talent.

It's good to see Slave finally recognize a lack of substance among other things because apparently when we said it about Siren Charms we were just being mean and we didn't get it...

Is there a leak yet? No?

I am DYING. Give the album to me. Even if I no longer want it as much as I thought I would.

Keep it together, Slave! Be the beacon of hope, even when there is little cause for it.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Sorry man, I greatly respect the work of the musician, no matter what. I wouldn't leak. Besides, it is just 5 days.
I really look forward to hearing what you guys think of Wallflower and Drained.

Beat me to it.

Good to see Bullet Ride stayed... Opening with it too, cool

Now to search youtube vids, if any, of The End and The Truth...

Beat me to it.

Good to see Bullet Ride stayed... Opening with it too, cool

Now to search youtube vids, if any, of The End and The Truth...
Read my mind :p. I'm really curious about the life performance of the truth.

I'm expecting a couple of decent songs in the album. Not memorable but listenable.

Reactions: only4theweak187
More a description than a review. But it tells a lot about the songs and the album.

That's more of a description than a review :D

Edit: Eochaid literally read my mind and posted the same sentence... that's kind of scary.

I think Anders is the only one of us on his period... a permanent one, judging by the last two albums.

Reactions: eochaid
The longer song Wallflower is supposedly akin to Chosen Pessimist but less "dark", according to one article... While the other review said it's "arguably the heaviest" song on the album, interesting

Just be ready for more upbeat radio-rock music style choruses and weaker, flat production/guitar tone. Lets not all act like its anything of surprisal come release time.

I'm prepared. I like all kinds of rock/metal though, so I can listen to whatever.

By the way... After a few days, Save Me has settled into a listenable, yet forgettable realm for me. Its fine. Doesn't inspire a critical reaction for me where I feel like I have to point out what it's lacking or why it's bad. The music here is what it is and luckily this time it's not literally bothersome like SC was.

I find the singles we've heard so far to be above Siren Charms in the energy category, just not as "much" of the direction I wanted this to go in. It seems Battles has went far enough away from SC's "easy listening", just still a bit too much towards simplistic, though. Still, I can't bring myself to judge legitimately until we hear in full

Reactions: TheJestersDoor