IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Man, this shit is even driving Slave to the dark side. Ripping into Anders like never before :cool: nice.

For the record, though, I like Billy Talent.
I don't hate those bands either. Fallen Leaves dropped when I started high-school, so it was basically that, Fall Out Boys and My Chemical Romance for us "rockers". And of course, later on, the disappointment that was Linkin Park's Minutes To Midnight.

Now a reviewer blaming the people for not liking battles. How many fanboys are doing reviews these days?

I know not a lot of people are that keen on Joe as it came as a surprise to most, but I think he sounds tight live.
I think the problem people have with the recordings is that he wanted it to sound pitch perfect and to most that sounds artificial, along with the production slapped on top of it.
I'm happy with what has been released so far and can't wait to hear the rest of the album, he's done the songs justice live. I'm looking forward to when they hit the UK.
Just hoping they do a headline tour over here..

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
Yeah, in fairness those live performances sound pretty good.

I think this is the first live video of In Flames I ever saw... it took about 2 days to download from Kazaa on a 56k connection. This was pre-Youtube and pre-widespread broadband (in the UK). I remember my 14 year old self watching it like :eek::eek::eek: at how awesome the song was and how crazy Anders was at the start :D Bullet Ride, what a track.

Anders sounds awesome

No, he doesn't. His growls are OK, but he fucks up everything else. Funny, because in studio he introduces more and more clean singing. "If I ever. If I never." Comedy.

Really, we have quite low standards. Every time Anders doesn't sound like a dying cat arguing with a cow it's "Oh, he sounds great!".

Reactions: eochaid
Yeah, in fairness those live performances sound pretty good.

I think this is the first live video of In Flames I ever saw... it took about 2 days to download from Kazaa on a 56k connection. This was pre-Youtube and pre-widespread broadband (in the UK). I remember my 14 year old self watching it like :eek::eek::eek: at how awesome the song was and how crazy Anders was at the start :D Bullet Ride, what a track.

Oh the energy they had on stage compared to how they move know.

No, he doesn't. His growls are OK, but he fucks up everything else. Funny, because in studio he introduces more and more clean singing. "If I ever. If I never." Comedy.

Really, we have quite low standards. Every time Anders doesn't sound like a dying cat arguing with a cow it's "Oh, he sounds great!".
Maybe we should expect prerecorded vocals for the live shows?

I only saw the Bullet Ride vid. He sounds awesome there, both cleans and growls IMO.

On Take This Life, the deep growls he does at "these thoughts burn a hole in my heart" surprised me. Havent heard that deep vocals from anders in a while. Other than just the "oh" thing he does.

It feels more and more you are trolling or just being negative for the sake of being negative nowadays though to be fair. ''Fucking up everything else'' such as what? He sounds like he's always done live. It's not called ''Performing studio songs the exact same way they sound on the album''. Things change. You add a growl, you remove a growl, you change up the guitars somewhere, extended intro/outro. It's called live performance.
I mean sure on Take This Life, I can take that you don't like it since you can't hear a single second of Anders clean vocals without puking, but on Bullet Ride I don't see where he's ''fucking everything up''. Both growls and screams are on point, and in the verses it's just the normal talk/whispering like on the studio version which you love. I've heard bad live performances when he tried to sing and it didn't work, but he's pretty much screaming or growling here anyways. Different ears I guess.

On Take This Life, the deep growls he does at "these thoughts burn a hole in my heart" surprised me. Havent heard that deep vocals from anders in a while. Other than just the "oh" thing he does.
I think it's mostly the recording, he always does those deep growls, he can't go lower than that, only really heard him go lower 1 or 2 times on live recordings.
2:15 here is one of the lower ones he's done.

Last edited:

Well man, if you're doing it 20+ years it'll be normal for his voice become like this although I like his performance on Bullet Ride. I never liked Take This Life live because he cant really do the song as he used to do but its normal I dont really judge him.
I think it's mostly the recording, he always does those deep growls, he can't go lower than that, only really heard him go lower 1 or 2 times on live recordings.
2:15 here is one of the lower ones he's done.

I like his deep growls, like on the Friend. I dont know if you hear it but Iove his high growls on here. It's epic.

It's starts on 3:12. Man I loved to hear that on a proper record.