IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Holy shit, how awful are the drained lyrics?

What we had, we threw away...
We were close to Heaven,
But we ended up in Hell.

Just cause the hurt doesn't show...
Threes no way to recover!
You broke my heart in two!

I had a dream of growing old...
I saw us driving to the end of the road...

We had this world of make believe
I thought I saw the fire in your eyes

[Chorus:]
You ripped the heart out of my will to survive,
You killed the part of me that kept us alive!

I'm drained and out of place!
I was shooting straight, but you stole my aim!
Could have walked for miles!
We were supposed to be the end of the line...

Sorry Krofius/Slave/Ciko, but that's genuinely embarrassing. As bad as anything off ASOP. Save Me's lyrics are awful too.

Alternatively, Us Against The World's lyrics are surprisingly decent.

You are no different with these bitchy ass outbursts which you present in 2 or more posts a'la Columbo-style ("oh, one more thing..."), because you are so mad, that thoughts are keep coming into your mind, and you have to vent them out.

I asked you what the fuck did you expect from Peter, but hey, I asked it in a slightly exaggerated manner (btw, if you want to know what's exaggerated, read the krofius-eochaid battle on the same page), so fuck me sideways, right? Maybe next time just answer the question, and don't start whining about how it was presented like you are some fairy princess. It wasn't even THAT offensive. I could've said you must be mentally retarded to think if someone is leaving a band, they totally can't seem to be happy and content during a meet and greet and/or show on their last tour. But I didn't. Turns out it doesn't matter what I say, you go apeshit either way.

Oh my god, maybe you are autistic, and I keep triggering you, which suddenly made me feel bad about myself. PM me your paypal info and I send you some money. It's the least I can do, really.

Actually, because my phone won't allow me to multiquote, so I must reiterate which post of mine I have to unnecessarily defend against a fucking retard like you.

Your inability to speak normally without disrespect, then shocked when you face a response, is the classic symptom of your stunted narcicistic brain.

Now proceed to pull a "You're mad" and a "Yeah? So what if I am? It makes me cool" hilarious defense

The lack of self awareness as well is fascinating too

More please

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks

Sorry Krofius/Slave/Ciko, but that's genuinely embarrassing. As bad as anything off ASOP. Save Me's lyrics are awful too.

I agree with Save Me's lyrics, but I have no problem with Drained's lyrics. Save Me's lyrics isnt too bad but chorus could be more interesting. Sayin save me like 1000 times isnt working. And I love Us Against The World's lyrics, specially the "You should be lord amongst the flies" part. I'm pretty sure that part was a reference to "Lord of the Flies" novel. Really good novel btw.

Overall I like the new In Flames lyrics. Time to time they can be shitty, but its still good. I really dont prefer lyrics. Metaphor after metaphor which sometimes you cant even make sense. I mean sure there's really good stuff here and there, but not really my thing.

If you want good lyrics about relationship issues, see Square Nothing & Clayman -

5. Square Nothing

For all the times you left me bleeding
Clouded and weakened by the haze
Cut off my pride, enough to forgive you
Reconcile, and we're back to square nothing

It seems I lost my direction
Don't have the strength to let it slip
Have no desire for the shore
Just let me play here for some time

Spend some quality time with the demon of mine
"I like the way you struggle, but you know I'm here to win"

Is this how I want to spend my days?
Shadowed, it fears me, my utopia
Try to find some peace to destroy
These are my sins, I'm heading to fall
Never understood, though I accepted
All the weakness that I discovered
You gave me a place to hide and lost the key
Drowned my head just to see it sink

He said "I like the way you struggle but you know I'm here to win"
Spend some quality time with my borrowed smile
The gleam is replaced, rip me open and erase me

"I like the way you struggle but you know I'm here to win"
Spend some quality time with my borrowed smile
The gleam is replaced, rip me open and erase me

6. Clayman

Your self control makes me feel alone
I've tried confidence, had it for breakfast today
I've lost the perfection, a mess without words
(And) As the seasons change I'll continue to ignore

The image I project is me without me
The picture that I scanned is borrowed

After the education you stopped making sense to me
Seems to me it's all the same, time and time again
Slowly, all I believed in turned into a lie
To aim and miss, my supernatural art

Spending to much time with myself
Trying to explaining who I am

How come it's possible?
I wish there was a way
(Suddenly) I feel so invincible
I'm the sculpture made of clay

I need someone to break the silence
Before it all falls apart
I need something to cling onto
Before I break you in parts

So afraid of what you may think
And all the plastic people that surrounds me
I have to find the path to where it all begins
To teach the world my supernatural art

---

Much better, and are you seriously saying you don't understand these songs? :D

If you want good lyrics about relationship issues, see Square Nothing & Clayman -

Much better, and are you seriously saying you don't understand these songs? :D

As soon as I wrote "new In Flames lyrics" I knew you would've brought up Clayman on the table. But no, I'm talking about early albums, like first 3 or something. You know, when Anders talks about space or something.

And I'm not really good with English since its not my first language, maybe I'm missing something on the early lyrics but I'm not really into it.

I'd class anything up to Clayman as the "classical" IF period (with good lyrics) and everything afterwards as Modern IF with mostly inferior lyrics (though there are some good ones).

But yeah, I guess I can understand with English being a second language how the really old lyrics could be confusing. Kind of weird to think they were written by guys who also had English as a second language :D

You have a sad habit of stating your opinion as facts. I dont think the lyrics are particularly awesome but I have no problem with them. And lets be real, if you just read lyrics as a standalone text, it sounds 10x worse. I mean if you'd just read the lyrics of Jotun without music it's absolute shit as well. With the music fitting though, it gives the lyrics a face and they are suddenly good. At least thats my take. Lyrics are often written for the music, not music written for lyrics.

If you're giving away money, bro, I got a few PS Store purchases I could use some help with...
You are too thick skinned to be rewarded with a consolation gift. Also, play on PC, consoles suck!
Actually, because my phone won't allow me to multiquote, so I must reiterate which post of mine I have to unnecessarily defend against a fucking retard like you.

Your inability to speak normally without disrespect, then shocked when you face a response, is the classic symptom of your stunted narcicistic brain.

Now proceed to pull a "You're mad" and a "Yeah? So what if I am? It makes me cool" hilarious defense

The lack of self awareness as well is fascinating too

More please
My "shock" came from you not being ably to reply without whining about personal attacks - which were extremely mild to begin with, and I went on giving you a proper argument after stepping on your toe.

The "you're mad" card is usually played against me here, so, again, why would I do that.

And despite your obvious doctorate, I am still not a narcissist. :D Just because you type some of my behavioral traits into Web MD and land on this (among a million others), does not make it accurate. Told you, if you want to throw medical terms at me, use this:

But here we go again, one of my sentences had sarcastic remarks about your statement, and instead of manning up, you started throwing wardrobes at me, while trying to paint me the unstable one. I mean, I'll be the last person to deny it, but that instance had nothing to do with it.

Let me break down to you the reason you threw this big, unnecessary tantrum (once again, for the 100th time):
"Did you expect him to have watery eyes or something?" - a sarcastic remark, implying I find your (perceived) reasoning dead wrong.
"He is not depressed, he is not struggling with his bandmates, he just made a choice, probably months and months ago." - telling you level-headedly why I believe Peter not acting in any way suspicious was completely reasonable.

And then you EXPLODE at me, calling me the shittiest person ever, like I just called your mother a whore, but to top it off, you did not even reply to the argument part. I am mighty aware of being a douche sometimes, but I wonder if you are aware of your low-key control freak game - which is both annoying and fascinating at the same time.

Hate to break it to you, but a neutral observer would call you just as fucking autistic in this argument as he/she would call me that. Though his/her first question would be whether or not are we 15 year old girls.

And I love Us Against The World's lyrics, specially the "You should be lord amongst the flies" part. I'm pretty sure that part was a reference to "Lord of the Flies" novel. Really good novel btw.
This is adorable in some way... :D

Drained has weight while Save Me does not. Are those simplistic lyrics? Yes, very much so, but in Drained the emotions are accompanying the music and said lyrics perfectly. Don't know about you, but every time I am listening to it, I have the urge to shout I THOUGHT I SAW THE FIRE IN YOUR EYEEEEES with Anders. You can feel and hear his genuine anger. And isn't that what music supposed to do, unchaining your mind and heart? Whether it flies you to some celestial, peaceful place, or unlocks your buried rage (or other emotions). Funnily enough, Clayman - having superior lyrics, hands down - never seemed to achieve the same with me as Drained. And no, not because I am retarded (could be, though!!), it's simply the way Anders delivered, or did not deliver the lyrics on that song. Doesn't sound as impactful.

Now Save Me has absolutely no weight. Same formula, repeat the same words over and over again in the chorus, but it just doesn't work. Anders sounds almost happy, which is just insane. It's like when you do roleplay sex, but you forget to make a safe word, and she says "stoooop, oooooh pleaaasee sto-ooop" in the middle of some good ol' beatdown, and you have no idea what the fuck is happening, and you start to regret picking up girls near a mental asylum.

Anyway, delivery > lyrics.

Drained is a good song but I don't understand where Anders continues to get the inspiration to write about these failed relationships? I mean, when you are young, sure, you might have a few. But he surely can't be talking about his relationship with his wife. And it's a bit strange to keep talking about his early exes. If he's just making it up, that's weird and not really genuine.

I can relate better to the sci fi stuff personally.

Drained is a good song but I don't understand where Anders continues to get the inspiration to write about these failed relationships? I mean, when you are young, sure, you might have a few. But he surely can't be talking about his relationship with his wife. And it's a bit strange to keep talking about his early exes. If he's just making it up, that's weird and not really genuine.

I can relate better to the sci fi stuff personally.

Not to wind Krofius and Slave up even more than I already have, but Anders' lyrics genuinely do make me question his maturity as a person. Either he really feels this shit and evidently never grew out of his teens mentally, or he's writing fiction, in which case get some better fucking material. You've done the 'my heart is broken I'm so sad it hurts so much' shit for the last 16 years. It's getting old bro.

Reactions: eochaid
Drained has weight while Save Me does not. Are those simplistic lyrics? Yes, very much so, but in Drained the emotions are accompanying the music and said lyrics perfectly. Don't know about you, but every time I am listening to it, I have the urge to shout I THOUGHT I SAW THE FIRE IN YOUR EYEEEEES with Anders. You can feel and hear his genuine anger. And isn't that what music supposed to do, unchaining your mind and heart? Whether it flies you to some celestial, peaceful place, or unlocks your buried rage (or other emotions). Funnily enough, Clayman - having superior lyrics, hands down - never seemed to achieve the same with me as Drained. And no, not because I am retarded (could be, though!!), it's simply the way Anders delivered, or did not deliver the lyrics on that song. Doesn't sound as impactful.

Now Save Me has absolutely no weight. Same formula, repeat the same words over and over again in the chorus, but it just doesn't work. Anders sounds almost happy, which is just insane. It's like when you do roleplay sex, but you forget to make a safe word, and she says "stoooop, oooooh pleaaasee sto-ooop" in the middle of some good ol' beatdown, and you have no idea what the fuck is happening, and you start to regret picking up girls near a mental asylum.

Anyway, delivery > lyrics.

I don't think Drained is a great song anyway, and the lyrics make me want to puke. I actually prefer Save Me despite this also having horrendous lyrics.

I mean if you'd just read the lyrics of Jotun without music it's absolute shit as well.

Yeah... but no. Try again.

Opinions shmopinions.

As for new In Flames lyrics...

(Starts writing...)

-

Can't really sing,
birds fly away.
I want to talk,
don't know what to say.

Feeling useless, impaired shadow.
I cry and weep, away I go.

The blood-red water runs down my cheeks,
as humanity gets more and more bleak.
I take the blade and place it to my chest,
time to fall from Mount Ever-rest.

Done. Perfect new IF lyrics.

Last edited:
Opinions shmopinions.

As for new In Flames lyrics...

(Starts writing...)

-

Can't really sing,
birds fly away.
I want to talk,
don't know what to say.

Feeling useless, impaired shadow.
I cry and weep, away I go.

The blood-red water runs down my cheeks,
as humanity gets more and more bleak.
I take the blade and place it to my chest,
time to fall from Mount Ever-rest.

Done. Perfect new IF lyrics.

Way too creative for modern In Flames bro. It's more like

I miss you so much
I'm crying lots and I stay in bed
And it's your fault this happened
You are a horrible person

I'm invisible because nobody notices me
I hate everybody and I'm really sad

I'll cut my wrists one day soon
Then you'll be sorry
But I still love you lots
So if you write me a msg I'll be happy again

---

Cue Krofius and Slave raving about how these lyrics have way more impact than older stuff because Anders sounds so sad when he's singing them.

Not to wind Krofius and Slave up even more than I already have, but Anders' lyrics genuinely do make me question his maturity as a person. Either he really feels this shit and evidently never grew out of his teens mentally, or he's writing fiction, in which case get some better fucking material. You've done the 'my heart is broken I'm so sad it hurts so much' shit for the last 16 years. It's getting old bro.
Exactly. If it's real, if it's old, if it's fiction, all are bad and frankly embarassing.

Reactions: eochaid and DE4life
I don't think Drained is a great song anyway, and the lyrics make me want to puke. I actually prefer Save Me despite this also having horrendous lyrics.

Yeah... but no. Try again.
Sorry for disagreeing about the nobel prize winner in literature. Also the fact you think I'm ''wind up'' lol. Maybe Jester Slave is, but me, try again :>

I'm not sure if you say that sarcasticly or not. :D But thank you anyway. lol
A little bit of both. You play or at least know League Of Legends? I could ocme up with an example from th
Honestly, Drained is a song about betraying trust - yeah, I'm 90% sure it's about an ex, but still, within the context of the lyrics, it could be about a friend or work partner just as well. But what if he writes one song about a girl he whined for apparently on two records (Clayman, R2R)? If that woman had enough impact to be the center theme on two fucking records, she was probably really fucking important for Anders. Hate the lyrics, but don't hate the guy for making a song about such a huge scar.

Are you robots or something? You should get that everyone deals with emotions differently, it is very petty mocking anyone just because he is "old".
You are starting to not make sense for me. You know I dig pop, and Save Me is pretty poppy, but it's nowhere near as decent as Drained.
Sorry for disagreeing about the nobel prize winner in literature. Also the fact you think I'm ''wind up'' lol. Maybe Jester Slave is, but me, try again :>
Just look at this motherfucker throwing me under the bus, LOL.

I ain't worked up, I am actually liking this discussion. We are halfway done with a new IF song. We need someone to program some basic midi drums, a guitarist to record some wahing and we are all set. It should be doable within an hour, the only thing we lack is bad vocals, because I doubt anyone would dare to do that, though I might be able to do it at work, where I'm alone in the middle of nowhere. :D

[weird electro noise]

[intro riff x 2]

The whole world
hates my beard and me
Tears running down my face
So I, oh I, can not see

[chugga chugga]

Haters everywhere
Evil fans want Jester race
I'm weak, I'm fragile
So I, oh I, run back to my space

[electro buildup, autotune on, children choir soaring, Joey hittin' dat 4/4]

I have another plan
I'm just a sad ol' man
Oh, take me , break me
I want to fly away

I have another plan
I'm just a sad ol' man
Oh, take me, break me (Break meeee)
But I still love yoooOOOoooUuU!

[break]

The whole world
hates my hipster glasses
Both A, and DE, and Jester, all three
But I'm loved by the teen masses

[CJ hitting hard}

So I, oh I, want to ruleeee the world! [Krofius will call this "ruleeee" mad cow giving birth growl-scream EPIC]

[Still nailing dat plastic snare]

I have another plan
I'm just a sad ol' man
Oh, take me , break me
I want to fly away

I have another plan
I'm just a sad ol' man

[out of nowhere solo, 12.5 seconds, wah away]

[autotune on turbo, up one octave, enough vocal layers and harmonies to bring down N. Korea]

I have another plan
I'm just a sad ol' man
Oh, take me , break me
I want to fly away

I have another plan
I'm just a sad ol' man

[intro riff]

[intro riff to slower drums]

The end!

There, Anders, when this comes out in 2018. I want some money.