IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

LoL is literally a watered down version of DotA with childrens graphics. It's absolute shit. Not being able to deny mobs? LOL. I do understand why many people start with LoL who are unfamiliar to MOBA games though, it's much easier to learn and it's more basic gameplay. Games are a bit faster than dota as well. I guess you started with LoL. Just seeing the pleb fans running around with Teemo hats annoys me about it.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
LoL is literally a watered down version of DotA with childrens graphics. It's absolute shit. Not being able to deny mobs? LOL. I do understand why many people start with LoL who are unfamiliar to MOBA games though, it's much easier to learn and it's more basic gameplay. Games are a bit faster than dota as well. I guess you started with LoL. Just seeing the pleb fans running around with Teemo hats annoys me about it.

My mind is melting down because of an 1 hour match from Dota but you're absolutely right. I'm playing Dota like 1-2 years for now. I tried LoL 1 month ago like 10 matches, so boring. And actually beat my friend that plays LoL for a long time haha. I guess its pretty easy to play it.

Umm, you are like 3 years late with this mentality. I started in mid-season 2 (season 7 starts soon, in case you were wondering) and this game has changed dramatically. The game has became much more complex, and they did it without annoying shit like deny.

The biggest reason LoL was watered down because the developers were afraid to let go of the niche of being an easy to pick up, easy to master game (which helped them beat Dota 2) and they thought the players could not handle more complex interactions. The first champion which broke this rule big time was released 3 years ago, and since then a bunch more followed. They even implemented some whacky DotA ultimates (talking about gamebreaking ones), like the aoe immunity or the aoe temporary disable from the game.

They redone an awful lot of their older, simpler champions, and made them more complex. They systematically erased almost every point and click ranged ability and made them into skillshots, and they nerfed some iconic skillshots by making the hitboxes much more narrower.

If DotA is a 10 out of 10 on a moba difficulty scale then LoL upped itself to an 8. You would have to be an archaic fanboy to hate on it.

Even the communities have settled a long time ago, and whenever their main event is on (The International and the World Championship) they promote one another on reddit and even give some fast lessons for the incoming viewers so they understand who does what.

My mind is melting down because of an 1 hour match from Dota but you're absolutely right. I'm playing Dota like 1-2 years for now. I tried LoL 1 month ago like 10 matches, so boring. And actually beat my friend that plays LoL for a long time haha. I guess its pretty easy to play it.
Umm, okay... :D

I have a bunch of friends and all of them play LoL, and they all tried DotA several times but says it's too hard. I love how you ditch the deny thing, it's a huge thing in DotA, and it adds another level to the game. But for me it's mostly the graphics, I just can't see how people prefer LoL graphics over DotA graphics. Sure, the graphics in LoL are better now after they literally almost copied the source 2 engine look but it's still ugly. Each to his own I guess, but if you played DotA 1 on Warcraft III FT, there's no way a person prefers LoL over DotA.

We have a topic for that now ;)

Oh I must get there fast and claim my waifu!

Anyway I'll talk about IF now. I have 2 songs on the new album that I didnt like, Battles and Here Until Forever. Battles started to grow on me as I listened it more and more but I just cant get into Here Until Forever. The song feels wrong somehow.

I have a bunch of friends and all of them play LoL, and they all tried DotA several times but says it's too hard. I love how you ditch the deny thing, it's a huge thing in DotA, and it adds another level to the game. But for me it's mostly the graphics, I just can't see how people prefer LoL graphics over DotA graphics. Sure, the graphics in LoL are better now after they literally almost copied the source 2 engine look but it's still ugly. Each to his own I guess, but if you played DotA 1 on Warcraft III FT, there's no way a person prefers LoL over DotA.
I'm not saying it is a bad design, just that I'd hate to micromanage it.

I also dislike such tales like "my friends tried it, but it was too hard for them!" or "I played like 10 matches but I roflstomped my friend!!". Sure, if you want to be the best, then eventually it will matter, but don't act like you need a rocket-science degree to get into any of the games. DotA and LoL are both filled with noobs, and noobs would not play any of these games if they were so punishing at an entry level.

It reminds me of the gloating between servers. "Ugh, my friend is bronze in server X, and platinum in server Y!!" - no, he is not. Such differences as talent and commitment between regions only surface around the top 1%, unless we are talking some extremely under-populated server.

And you have to agree, Riot makes some pretty fucking nice skins! :D No wonder that company earns a disgusting lot.

Oh I must get there fast and claim my waifu!

Anyway I'll talk about IF now. I have 2 songs on the new album that I didnt like, Battles and Here Until Forever. Battles started to grow on me as I listened it more and more but I just cant get into Here Until Forever. The song feels wrong somehow.

Battles has grown on me, chorus is decent. Song is short, but that's fine. Here Until Forever has a cool opening, then it all goes to shit. The lyrics tho :D "When I look at you, I see me" ... well, it's your son Anders, so I'd hope so. You'd be concerned if he didn't. On the other hand, if his son has that beard, and stupid hipster glasses then maybe he should be concerned anyway.

I've always liked Greatest Greed, but the chorus bugs me. When Anders sings "What's left of us will come to an end" ... it feels like there's a word missing. Really weird, and kind of irritating.

I'm not saying it is a bad design, just that I'd hate to micromanage it.

I also dislike such tales like "my friends tried it, but it was too hard for them!" or "I played like 10 matches but I roflstomped my friend!!".

It's actually true my friend Slave, I did it haha. We can try solo with you if you want :p

Battles has grown on me, chorus is decent. Song is short, but that's fine. Here Until Forever has a cool opening, then it all goes to shit. The lyrics tho :D "When I look at you, I see me" ... well, it's your son Anders, so I'd hope so. You'd be concerned if he didn't. On the other hand, if his son has that beard, and stupid hipster glasses then maybe he should be concerned anyway.

I've always liked Greatest Greed, but the chorus bugs me. When Anders sings "What's left of us will come to an end" ... it feels like there's a word missing. Really weird, and kind of irritating.

Yeah Greatest Greed is good. Chorus could've been better though, I like the verses much more than the chorus. Specially love the "one two three timeees" part :D

By the way I think the Battles lyrics is very good. I like the word shuffle on the verses.

Pain
You're not my friend and I despise you
Friend
You are my pain and I adore you

But I guess you wouldnt like them DE?

Btw guys I love the songs with both growls and clean vocals. If you have a song in mind, feel free to recommend it. Here's a few example.

Pretty good songs.

You know it well, that he means his son resembles him when he was at that age. And no, kids are not all the same, so it's not necessarily an empty statement.

How old is his daughter by the way? I'm pretty sure she is old enough to be able to find this board. Just imagine that everything we say, she sees it, haha. :D God, it must be insufferable for her. One half of the IF fans drool all over her, the other half keep complaining about how she should tell his dad to return to their roots.
It's actually true my friend Slave, I did it haha. We can try solo with you if you want :p
Okay, my ign is Usagi Tsukino on EUNE
- Best of 3
- Can be either mirror matchups or random. In case of the latter, you can't play again with a champion you won with.
- First blood, 100 cs or first tower wins the game.

If you are not 30 and don't have runes, I can go with an empty rune page and hindered masteries.

By the way I think the Battles lyrics is very good. I like the word shuffle on the verses.

Pain
You're not my friend and I despise you
Friend
You are my pain and I adore you

But I guess you wouldnt like them DE?

I dunno, I just find lyrics like this weird. Anders seems to have sadomasochistic tendencies, if his lyrics are anything to go by. Strange dude.

How old is his daughter by the way? I'm pretty sure she is old enough to be able to find this board. Just imagine that everything we say, she sees it, haha. :D God, it must be insufferable for her. One half of the IF fans drool all over her, the other half keep complaining about how she should tell his dad to return to their roots.

Maybe it's Laverna :eek:

"Battles" is like if you took a 90's mid-tempo Green Day song and had In Flames play it. It's silly, but I've come to like the song a lot, if only for the novelty of it.

Well, maybe not Green Day, but some other whimsical alternative punk band. It's pretty fun, anyway.

Going to agree with ciko_gfb on "Here Until Forever", of course. With the exception of Wallflower, I still think the whole stretch from Through My Eyes to Save Me is overall pretty weak, but at least most of those songs are enjoyable to some extent. But Here Until Forever I just can't do.