IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

So that's why I don't like Drained, it's just my good taste kicking in again. That's a relief.

Are the writing credits on the Wikipedia Battles article accurate?

Christ, I refuse to believe that the singer of Sixx AM helped write "Drained". Literally the darkest timeline.

Don't do this to me, In Flames, lmao
I dont get why a band with a 20 years career, guys 40 years old, would need other people to help them write their songs. Don't they know what they want to do with their music?

1."Drained" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Niclas Engelin, James Michael, Howard Benson 4:06

2. "The End" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Niclas Engelin, Howard Benson 3:58

3. "Like Sand" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Niclas Engelin, Lenny Skolnick, Sean Bowe, Howard Benson, Bob Marlette 3:43

4. "The Truth" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Lenny Skolnik, Seann Bowe, Howard Benson 3:04

5. "In My Room" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Howard Benson 3:25

6. "Before I Fall" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Howard Benson, Zac Maloy 3:27

7. "Through My Eyes" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Lenny Skolnik, Seann Bowe, Howard Benson 3:50

8. "Battles" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Howard Benson 2:58

9. "Here Until Forever" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Niclas Engelin, Howard Benson 4:19

10. "Underneath My Skin" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Lenny Skolnik, Seann Bowe, Howard Benson 3:30

11. "Wallflower" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Niclas Engelin, Howard Benson 7:06

12. "Save Me" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Howard Benson 4:12

13. "Greatest Greed" (bonus track) Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Niclas Engelin, Howard Benson 4:09

14. "Us Against the World" (bonus track) Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Howard Benson 3:40

And this leaves us with 0 songs written only by the band.

New interview with Anders:

Anders: It's there! [Laughs] I mean, yeah, I think it's a great album. It was a lot of fun to create the album. But it's so easy for me to sit here and say, 'Oh, it's the greatest ever, it's this…', because, in the end, it's not up to me. I am proud that we're still here, that we still have a good time, that I walk on stage every night and be, like, 'Fuck, this is the greatest job you can ever have,' you know? And after twenty-plus years of creating this music, we have a sound. That's something I'm proud of. I mean, maybe you don't like IN FLAMES, maybe you love IN FLAMES, but we have a sound, which is… it's ours and it's unique to us."
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/in...is-music-we-have-a-sound/#bqt9ghk5wRZsHul0.99

No, you don't, sorry Anders.

Reactions: AtotheK
Last edited:
1."Drained" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Niclas Engelin, James Michael, Howard Benson 4:06

2. "The End" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Niclas Engelin, Howard Benson 3:58

3. "Like Sand" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Niclas Engelin, Lenny Skolnick, Sean Bowe, Howard Benson, Bob Marlette 3:43

4. "The Truth" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Lenny Skolnik, Seann Bowe, Howard Benson 3:04

5. "In My Room" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Howard Benson 3:25

6. "Before I Fall" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Howard Benson, Zac Maloy 3:27

7. "Through My Eyes" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Lenny Skolnik, Seann Bowe, Howard Benson 3:50

8. "Battles" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Howard Benson 2:58

9. "Here Until Forever" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Niclas Engelin, Howard Benson 4:19

10. "Underneath My Skin" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Lenny Skolnik, Seann Bowe, Howard Benson 3:30

11. "Wallflower" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Niclas Engelin, Howard Benson 7:06

12. "Save Me" Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Howard Benson 4:12

13. "Greatest Greed" (bonus track) Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Niclas Engelin, Howard Benson 4:09

14. "Us Against the World" (bonus track) Anders Fridén, Björn Gelotte, Howard Benson 3:40

And this leaves us with 0 songs written only by the band.

New interview with Anders:

Anders: It's there! [Laughs] I mean, yeah, I think it's a great album. It was a lot of fun to create the album. But it's so easy for me to sit here and say, 'Oh, it's the greatest ever, it's this…', because, in the end, it's not up to me. I am proud that we're still here, that we still have a good time, that I walk on stage every night and be, like, 'Fuck, this is the greatest job you can ever have,' you know? And after twenty-plus years of creating this music, we have a sound. That's something I'm proud of. I mean, maybe you don't like IN FLAMES, maybe you love IN FLAMES, but we have a sound, which is… it's ours and it's unique to us."
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/in...is-music-we-have-a-sound/#bqt9ghk5wRZsHul0.99

No, you don't, sorry Anders.
Typical In Flames. Concerned about maintaining a sound. They've built their own coffin, dug their grave, and are willingly lying down in it.

Reactions: eochaid
Krofius is going to be enraged when he sees us mocking the band's decision to surround themselves with American alt-rock idols.

Gomenasai, Krofi-kuuuuuun Dx

Reactions: eochaid
So, evil haters were right all along?

IF actually are US mainstream alt rock sellouts? :)

I have to be honest here... I do enjoy Battles a lot more than the songs where Anders tried to do the same thing on his own. At least some songs on this album are decent in that genre, not confused shit they were doing on previous record.

So, evil haters were right all along?

IF actually are US mainstream alt rock sellouts? :)

I have to be honest here... I do enjoy Battles a lot more than the songs where Anders tried to do the same thing on his own. At least some songs on this album are decent in that genre, not confused shit they were doing on previous record.

See although I like 'new' In Flames, Battles being co-operatively written and very americanized does worry and dissapoint me, even if I really enjot the album. I will now partially accept that In Flames sold out. The thing is, there are some sections, and some whole songs that don't have that americanised feel and have an essense of that old In Flames mood/sound. Drained, Like Sand, Wallflower, The End's intro, and Through My Eyes's instrumental section after the second chorus all 'feel' Like In Flames to me, and the rest of the album feels like In Flames doing american rock covers. If In Flames could create a lovechild of Clayman and Sounds of a Playground Fading then I would be very happy :D

Krofius is going to be enraged when he sees us mocking the band's decision to surround themselves with American alt-rock idols.

Gomenasai, Krofi-kuuuuuun Dx
Lol no, I knew about those writing credits weeks ago. I don't put that much value in most of them, not even Howard Benson. They wrote 3 songs while in LA, think one of them was Drained too, other songs were pre-written before studio (obviously altered and changed). They said they did work a lot with the producer (Howard) this time around letting him have input and ideas about the songs. That they are american alt-rock idols, that's your statement not mine ;> Couldn't care less if they had Snoop Dogg co-writing a song as long as I like the end product. You think Björn and Anders had a bunch of old-school melodeath riffs and ideas with them and these ''names'' transformed it into what it is now? lmao

Last edited:
Let's be honest, if Snoop Dogg was rapping along with Anders on the next In Flames album you'd say it was good, dat evolution, etc :D

If there's one thing I don't like, it's hip hop and RnB. I'd rather listen to some country singer from Texas than that shit.

If there's one thing I don't like, it's hip hop and RnB. I'd rather listen to some country singer from Texas than that shit.

I'm sure that'll change when In Flames release "Feel My Flow" Feat. Snoop Dogg & T-Pain.

"I've always hated hip hop and RnB, but now I've heard Anders rapping, holy shit. Amazing. IFWT!!!"

"Man Made God Flow ft. Death Grips"

Holy shit. I would probably actually love this purely for the novelty factor.

I'll agree with Krofius on this, that the end product is ultimately what matters to me, and I like Battles well enough. But there's something special about knowing that a given album is written solely by the band itself.

@galvanized: Metaphor is a great song, definitely one of the many highlights of R2R. The violin in the bridge is one of my favorite IF melodies.

Metaphor is fantastic. It was originally going to be an instrumental, but I think the vocals add something positive to the song.

I'll agree with Krofius on this, that the end product is ultimately what matters to me, and I like Battles well enough. But there's something special about knowing that a given album is written solely by the band itself.
Yes, yes, but, would you be listening to the album if it was not labeled in flames? Most probably not.

I like metaphor a lot. But I'm a big fan of acoustics.

I listen to a few of the songs off Battles. I love The End, lyrics tie in very nicely with something I'm writing at the moment which helps.

The Truth, Before I Fall, In My Room, Battles, Greatest Greed and Us Against the World are all songs I'd listen to if they came on my random shuffle list.

Battles is much better than SC, for me. Still far away from in Flames best work, but listenable, sounds fresh and energetic. It's nothing special but these songs are acceptable. It's like a poor man's SOAPF.

I don't even know how to describe SC. The fact it actually made ASOP sound good in comparison is enough.