IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Someone said that if I made more of my own material I should let them know, so... here.
Very short, but it will be part of a "fantasy" series.

Episode I
The Journey's Beginning - Epsilon's Cave

Someone said that if I made more of my own material I should let them know, so... here.
Very short, but it will be part of a "fantasy" series.

Episode I
The Journey's Beginning - Epsilon's Cave

I like the chaotic, aggressive atmosphere. I'm interested to hear what will come next.

Is it just me or is the production on Battles really "hot" and clipped? Not as much as Come Clarity but still quite a lot. If SC has nothing else going for it, its production was very clear. Listening to SC and then moving over to Battles right afterwards is downright jarring.

Remember the girl I mentioned way back? Of course not. Anyway, she said Battles was way too mainstream and washed up, she liked the previous record more (!) and that she doesn't like growly/screamy stuff (implying their past work). She said it feels like two different bands entirely, but I mean it goes without saying.

She likes mainstream music, I mean she was on a Skillet show just a week ago, so saying Battles is too mainstream is insult to injury.

Not that she was over the moon about SC, or that her opinion matters in the grand scheme of things, but it helped me put a label on Battles finally. It's my shit record, I kinda like. I mean, I realized I am quite embarrassed to show any of the tracks to the public. When a fucking Papa Roach fan tells me it's too washed up, I am cornered, and let's not mention the people who are into heavier stuff.

I won't mock them for trying out this route, but on second thought, it is their worst record to date. Battles is absolutely annihilated by time.
- Wallflower and Greatest Greed are both skipped halfway through, absolutely can't stand them till the end
- Battles/In My Room/Before I Fall/Drained is the SAME FUCKING SONG with different lyrics (+Drained have an intro), so to me, it's just one good song.
- Like Sand and Under My Skin are non-rateable.
- The End is whatever, take it or leave it idc. I heard it right after (or before) The Truth, and the latter has been infinitely more exciting ever since. The End is like an inferior version of In Plain View. DEEEP INSIDEEEEEEEEEEEEE *hectic drum play* thanks.
- Here Until Forever is the song where I should get through to the last chorus, but can't stand the shit that comes before it so I always skip it.
- Save Me is The Truth done wrong.
- Through My Eyes - lmao, forgot about this song. well, uhm, yeah, that sums it up.

Battles has no face, no character. It's like that chick you are banging, because she looks above average and seems like she is into kinky stuff, but after a while you are bound to talk a little, and you realize she is mentally retarded, simpler than a fucking nail, and you can't even show her around your friends, because her bottomless stupidity outweighs her big boobs.

Filtered Truth for example, is still just as dope as it was listening to it 2 years ago. You hear one song from Battles and you likely heard them all.

I am officially un-approving Battles!

Reactions: AtotheK and eochaid
I like the solo especially when it comes out of the sweeps and starts harmonizing. It is in a minor key that is simultaneously sad, beautiful, truthful. Reminds me of the Serial Experiments Lain opening song (not to get back into an anime discussion here)...

In Flames - the music you are too embarrassed to show to your friends.

Filtered Truth - one of better SC tracks, but still just an average HIM tune with more balls

I still play some songs off the record daily. Goes like this:
Drained
Like Sand
In My Room
Before I fall
Here Until Forever
Underneath My Skin
Wallflower

That's "Battles" for me.
The rest is just not good.

Filtered Truth is bang average with terrible vocals. Only In Flames fans would rate this song as anything other than garbage.

Get it together Slave, you're slowly going to Dark Side.
Nah, I still like listening to many songs from Battles as a guilty pleasure, I can't force my ears not to like that simple shit, but it's literally zero. SC is a more complex record all around, even if the production is what it is.

Battles is very weak, and SC being all kinds of different piece of poo for some people does not make Battles any better.

SC is in no way a better record than Battles. While Battles' main problem for me is it's mainstream leanings in most songs, it is more varied and quite simply more energetic and inspired than SC. The only songs I still go back to on SC regularly are Through Oblivion, WEWO, Rusted Nail and MITB. Battles Pproduction is, I grant you, not the best, but to call it worse than SC is just wrong You say you ae embarresed to show people Battles, well from Battles, only Here Until Forever and The Truth I would consider embarrising (but still not bad), But most of SC I wouldn't want to show to people. In Plain View has a cheesy as balls chorus, EG has an intro that makes you facepalm it's that bad, paralyzed is just Meh, WEWO is a bit poppy, WTWE Is a cringey mess, Rusted Nail has verse vocals so bad that I wish the song was an instrumental, Dead Eyes has a bad chorus and weak vocal work, Monsters is fine, and Filtered Truth has a cheesy as FUCK chorus. I still like both albums but I would be less embarresed showing people Battles. SC production is better and more 'In Flames' sounding tho IMO.

SC production is better and more 'In Flames' sounding tho IMO.
Yeah. I think Battles was trying for "stronger" sound with the pumped up bass but it was ruined by Benson and his crew. Not sure how that happened since he should understand production at this point. The sound is distorted and uneven. SC sounds flatter but much clearer. I prefer SC production now.

Here's another call for In Flames to record their album with Nordstrom again in 2018. He would do it right. If he recorded Battles I bet this album would have been considered a return to form.