IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I'm not listening to Battles and it is labeled In Flames.
Yes, but my point was this. What does matter, the product or the "maker" of the product? If what matters is the product, then people should be listening to it be it labeled under IF or under any other name and "makers".

I strongly believe that they're paying their attention to the album just because it is an IF album. That is, the product only matters if it is made by IF.

(I don't know if I made myself clear).

I listen to a few of the songs off Battles. I love The End, lyrics tie in very nicely with something I'm writing at the moment which helps.

The Truth, Before I Fall, In My Room, Battles, Greatest Greed and Us Against the World are all songs I'd listen to if they came on my random shuffle list.

Battles is much better than SC, for me. Still far away from in Flames best work, but listenable, sounds fresh and energetic. It's nothing special but these songs are acceptable. It's like a poor man's SOAPF.

I don't even know how to describe SC. The fact it actually made ASOP sound good in comparison is enough.
I'm the opposite. I think SC is a poor man's SOAPF. I don't like that Battles sounds like too many other American bands. IF doesn't have a sound anymore even though Anders thinks so. Even he is using Pro Tools to sound like others.

Yes, but my point was this. What does matter, the product or the "maker" of the product? If what matters is the product, then people should be listening to it be it labeled under IF or under any other name and "makers".

I strongly believe that they're paying their attention to the album just because it is an IF album. That is, the product only matters if it is made by IF.

(I don't know if I made myself clear).
I hear you. Product should matter, but I also feel the intent matters a little too. It's not just the ends, but the means too.

Reactions: eochaid
I agree. But, these days labels are the only thing that matters, they know it well.and have taken advantage of it. The whole IFWT thing is a great example of what I'm saying. Many people using that motto does not care about what they release as long as they're the ones releasing it. Another good example is the people buying the album even if they do not like it just because it is an IF album.

Honestly, since Napster times I have never bought an album without first listening to it. This way I have saved money that, otherwise, would be wasted money.

I'm the opposite. I think SC is a poor man's SOAPF. I don't like that Battles sounds like too many other American bands. IF doesn't have a sound anymore even though Anders thinks so. Even he is using Pro Tools to sound like others.

I genuinely hear nothing in SC which resembles SOAPF, except Bjorn's wanky solos.

Reactions: galvanized
I agree. But, these days labels are the only thing that matters, they know it well.and have taken advantage of it. The whole IFWT thing is a great example of what I'm saying. Many people using that motto does not care about what they release as long as they're the ones releasing it. Another good example is the people buying the album even if they do not like it just because it is an IF album.

Honestly, since Napster times I have never bought an album without first listening to it. This way I have saved money that, otherwise, would be wasted money.
Yeah, I'm definitely not buying the next IF album until after I hear it.

At least the solos on SoaPF are (in general) great :D

The solos in SOAPF fit the music, which is more than can be said for SC, where they seem to be spliced in from a list. "Insert Bjorn Wahhh Solo #5".

Battles is better in that respect, too. The solo for In My Room, for example, definitely adds to the song and fits in nicely.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor

What is wrong with wanting to own a record from a band you like, even if it doesn't blow you away? These people obviously like the band and chose to own said record as well in their collection. You don't need to think beyond that. If I'd have more money that I could spend on "random stuff" without feeling bad about myself, I would order a bunch of bullshit just for the sake of owning it and have a collection.

I feel your pain, guys, but you will be telling the same for the rest of your lives about IF, there won't be another record from them which will blow you away. People on Two And A Half Men's Facebook page are still spamming "This show was only good when Charlie [Sheen] was still in it". Charlie was fired 5 years ago. The show ended almost 2 years ago. Gives you perspective on how long bitching can go. And I'm saying this despite I am totally agree with them, that show was unwatchable with Ashton, but what the fuck can you do?

Sure, I got that you are not from the "EVERYTHING WAS BETTER IN MY DAY" bunch, but let's face it, the most you can expect is to say you actually liked a few songs, and even then, you guys always manage to bring up the topic of is it really still In Flames or not - so you can answer it with a NO and feel better about yourselves.

I've seen many TV series and music bands go to shit over the years, and I still check on some of these, but I just can't imagine myself wallowing every time something happens. FOr example, I stopped watching The Walking Dead in the middle of last season. I still read about how the show progresses, I watch video clips from episodes, I see it still sucks major dicks, but I don't have the urge to mock others how amazing I am for dropping that show. It is what it is.

Funnily enough, one of the most legit guys among the moaners is only4theweak, hahaha. Yeah, he has a bunch of retarded views as well, BUT the guy is still genuinely likes the band, and for God's sake, he just went to their show AGAIN! Would any of you attend an IF show these days? I don't think so, because setlist sucks, Anders sucks, drummer sucks, everything sucks. You see, all the stuff he (only4) has to bitch about can be taken much more seriously than when you guys start to complain like a broken record.

And when I say this, you switch to self-defense mode, but it's really not needed. It's undisputable that the presence of your opposing opinion is needed, but often times you take the IF-trashing way too fucking far, it's not even funny. I'd be interesting to see a poll where you could say whether you'd be happy or not if In Flames disbanded (or re-branded under a different name) tomorrow, just to give this whole place a perspective.

What is wrong with wanting to own a record from a band you like, even if it doesn't blow you away?
Nothing, unless you don't like the album. And sorry but coming from a guy that doesn't buy albums at all it does sound strange :p
I feel your pain, guys, but you will be telling the same for the rest of your lives about IF, there won't be another record from them which will blow you away.
Agreed. And still we can express our disappointment.
often times you take the IF-trashing way too fucking far, it's not even funny.
Disagree. It's too much fun.
I'd be interesting to see a poll where you could say whether you'd be happy or not if In Flames disbanded (or re-branded under a different name) tomorrow, just to give this whole place a perspective.
That would be for the best. That way we could see how many people would care about their music.

Really, I was bringing arguments about how things work these days, how people is attached to labels more than music, and you come just bashing people instead of attacking my opinions. I think that you can do it better. I rate your opinion a 4,5.:p

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
I feel your pain, guys, but you will be telling the same for the rest of your lives about IF, there won't be another record from them which will blow you away. People on Two And A Half Men's Facebook page are still spamming "This show was only good when Charlie [Sheen] was still in it". Charlie was fired 5 years ago. The show ended almost 2 years ago. Gives you perspective on how long bitching can go. And I'm saying this despite I am totally agree with them, that show was unwatchable with Ashton, but what the fuck can you do?
I haven't been to any show in a long time. It's just hard for me at this point in my life. But the other night I did have an hour of time and watched the entire video of In Flames in Maryland last month, just a random pick off YouTube. I have to say, they put on a great show. No, I can't sing along to many of the newer songs (or even the older ones -- see the "too many words problem"). But, would have loved to been up close to the front head banging. Next time they come around I'm gonna have to think twice about showing up somehow.

Also, about what some of you guys described as a cringe worthy acoustic performance at that radio station a few days ago. I don't even like that first SC song they played but I was thinking "audience! Show some respect! At least nod your head." I only saw one lady throwing the horns. And the host checked her phone in the middle of the song. Couldn't believe that.

I complain about these guys but I still respect them. I think.

Reactions: Jester Slave
But I like his reactions, because I'm pretty sure that he is doing the same to us :tickled:

I dunno, I get the feeling he's serious most of the time :D I mean, our responses tend to be a few sentences maximum, whereas he writes out entire fucking scientific thesis' on why we are wrong. If that's just to troll us, that's some dedication.

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
I would probably like their live show after a beer or five but damn that performance of Leeches on Galvanizeds video is so bad. Anders just talks most of the lyrics.

I dunno, I get the feeling he's serious most of the time :D I mean, our responses tend to be a few sentences maximum, whereas he writes out entire fucking scientific thesis' on why we are wrong. If that's just to troll us, that's some dedication.
We need TrollTrace to find out who Slave really is.

Reactions: DE4life
You'd have to pay me to go and watch the current incarnation of In Flames.

The Hipster Hamster, the King of Wahhh, "that other guy" Engelin, <insert bass player here> and then Christian Joe to put the cherry on top of the shit sundae. Oh, and then you get to listen to classics like Delight and Angers, The Chosen Pessimist, Through Oblivion, and so on.

No, I'll pass.

Reactions: eochaid
Because he knows that makes people upset:tickled: