IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Excellent news. Looks like he finally came to his senses and decided he'd had enough, just like Jesper and Daniel before him. The final nail has been in the coffin for years now, and hopefully this is a sign that before long we'll see it lowered into the earth once and for all.

As a father I can't imagine traveling so frequently and for such long durations as touring musicians do. In the below interview Anders was explaining how he taught his son a little special thing to do when his son misses him. That must be "hand on your heart, you know I am there" from Here Until Forever.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/in...ntil-forever-song-for-his-eight-year-old-son/

I don't know how they do it. I think I would give it up if my kids missed me that much. But it might be hard to maintain the same income. Not sure how much they make, maybe they are trapped in the "lifestyle".

Excellent news. Looks like he finally came to his senses and decided he'd had enough, just like Jesper and Daniel before him. The final nail has been in the coffin for years now, and hopefully this is a sign that before long we'll see it lowered into the earth once and for all.
I can imagine UnholyCrusada meeting an unconscious Jesper on the street not long after his departure, and praising him for coming to his senses, and finally ditching the band.

But hey, Anders and Björn will surely stop making music now that the bassist left. Who will write all those bass solos now?

God, some people are just beyond autistic and care too much for a band they "totally not care about at all".

That was unexpected. I guess after 20 years, you even get bored from being rockstar. I think he'll form a band with Jesper cause they both wont tour. Well, as long as we have Anders and Björn, i'm on board.

I mean, they have to be making the most $ they've made from touring in the entire span of the band so far... They're touring with more mainstream bands like "He'll yeah" and Distrurbed, so those have to be better paying gigs.

I guess whatever the reason is, there's confidence $ wise for moving forward

I mean, they have to be making the most $ they've made from touring in the entire span of the band so far... They're touring with more mainstream bands like "He'll yeah" and Distrurbed, so those have to be better paying gigs.

I guess whatever the reason is, there's confidence $ wise for moving forward
He has two business ventures now, and if they took off, they will bring him money, even when he won't be able to tour around the world.

I highly doubt though that they earn more now than when they were blasting into the US market with R2R. Not per show, anyway. They do an awful lot of gigs however, and bookers know that they always please the crowd, so they are obviously heavily favored. Also, I'M willing to bet that Jesus does not get nearly as much as Daniel did - which is probably still much more than what he earned before -, so more for the rest of the band.

I heard Traa Daniels from P.O.D. is interested in a side gig. Big fan of In Flames since the first time he heard STYE.

Fuuuck @ Peter leaving the band! I always liked him a lot - really laid-back and super-friendly when I met him years ago. His basswork was more noticeable on their most recent albums, to me, so I've definitely come to appreciate his playing more over the years. That pure 80's pre-chorus lick on "With Eyes Wide Open" and his playing beneath the solo of "The Puzzle", for example. Nothing too flashy, but those moments made those songs for me.

Never overdid it and played it pretty safe, but always tasteful.

Also, he had the best accent in the band.

Last edited:
Even if the direction of the band was the reason Daniel & Peter left, they'd never say that out of respect for Anders & Bjorn. It's fine. I'm sure it's a combination of the band not being anywhere near its former heights, the change in direction away from metal and missing family. It's also possible he got tired of listening to Christian Joe talk about how amazing God is, and how they should do an album based on hymns he knows from Sunday School.

I've said before, since SOAPF this has basically been the Anders & Bjorn band featuring Daniel, Peter and Niklas. Yes, I know Engelin had some writing credits in Battles it's pretty likely the overall direction and majority composition was by Hipster and Bjorn.
Peter's side projects and his background is much softer stuff than IF. He comes from a pop background (obviously metal as well) but his former bands. I doubt anyone left due to direction, not even Daniel who seems to be much more Metal oriented. I think there's no reason to not trust them saying they want to spend more time with the family.

And I love the ''2man band'' thing you always seem to spout. Before, it was mostly Jesper & Björn with also some Anders, after Jesper left it's SOAPF (All björn and some Anders) to Anders & Björn on SC and now Niclas a bit too. Peter or Daniel never did any songwriting whatsoever. Björn used to write together with Jesper more when he was in the band which is logical, but now it's him shuttlecocking ideas with Anders instead, and possibly Niclas I guess? There is obviously a difference from before since it was 2 guitarists writing the actual riffsand now it's 1. Who knows what the last 3 album would have sounded if Jesper would have been in the band still. But I just love when people online seem to blame Anders for the sound when they started ''changing'' and did 4 albums before Jesper left which he was still main writer on all. I mean if you look at what the members and ex members of the band listen to I'm not surprised at all they evolved their sound. I mean one of Jespers absolute favorite bands is Korn. He probably forced Anders to get the dreads. Björn has always been talking about Rainbow and Dio. Anders listening to anything and everything really. Niclas the thrash guy. Don't even know what my point was or what I'm talking about anymore but something along the lines of it's always been featuring Daniel, Peter, and Niklas just that it's minus Jesper. Everyone knows that lol.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Maybe peter justo couldn't handle the t
I think there's no reason to not trust them saying they want to spend more time with the family.
Reading comprehension? Because I did not read that on his statement.
Niclas the thrash guy.
When passenger came to live anders said that he and niclas were the pop lovers into the Swedish metal scene.

Maybe peter justo couldn't handle the t

Reading comprehension? Because I did not read that on his statement.

When passenger came to live anders said that he and niclas were the pop lovers into the Swedish metal scene.
Reading between the lines. Peter has said several times the thing he hates most is leaving his family when he goes touring. Obviously not the only reason he left the band, but definitely a part of it.

And there are several ''pop lovers'' in the metal scene lol, I never said Peter was the only one, but he had that background when he was in that band in the early 90's.

Last edited:
They should change name to Hipster&Bjorn ltd.

Been listening ASOP last few days. Daniel did some fine work on that album. Nothing minblowing, but complex and tasteful enough within the limits of those songs. One of the highlights of the album (along with "oldschool" sounding EP).

On SC he sounds bored to death. Still better than RoboJoe.

Reactions: AtotheK and Midas
Reading between the lines. Peter has said several times the thing he hates most is leaving his family when he goes touring. Obviously not the only reason he left the band, but definitely a part of it.
Reading between the lines... Of course. Because he said something that no other musician has said before. How did I forget to read between the lines?
So you think that Anders and Bjorn are terrible parents (just reading between the lines).

And there are several ''pop lovers'' in the metal scene lol, I never said Peter was the only one, but he had that background when he was in that band in the early 90's.
Of course, you just said that Nicolas is the trash guy. But I forgot to read between the lines.

Having met Peter a couple weeks ago at my local show of this current tour, I didn't sense in ANY way, that he'd be leaving the band soon. Not at all

Reactions: Midas
Reading between the lines... Of course. Because he said something that no other musician has said before. How did I forget to read between the lines?
So you think that Anders and Bjorn are terrible parents (just reading between the lines).

Of course, you just said that Nicolas is the trash guy. But I forgot to read between the lines.
What are you even trying to do? Embarass yourself? Then it's working. Of course other musicians has said that. It's quite obvious he wants to spend more time with his family, you think he's replacing Robert Trujillo in Metallica as their new bassist and that's the reason he quit the band?

Also nice conclusion about Anders & Björn you came too, missing their families = being bad parents
What a stunning correlation. It's hard to imagine you're 40years old sometimes tbh, when you act like 15 :>

Kittens, behave and open PMs. :3
fuzzy-white-kitten-with-stubby-legs-from-sam_ayye-sam-pertsas.jpg

Having met Peter a couple weeks ago at my local show of this current tour, I didn't sense in ANY way, that he'd be leaving the band soon. Not at all
Did you expect him to have watery eyes or something? He is not depressed, he is not struggling with his bandmates, he just made a choice, probably months and months ago.