IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

So after forgetting about this forum for a week or two I return to a discussion about borderline paedophilic anime and whether Bottled sucks. Standard stuff to be honest... XD

To be fair I never understood hate for Bottled, for me it's just a standard STYE song. It's the same with some songs on RTR for me, it's one of those songs that is good, but I only really listen to it when I play the album in it's entirity.

Also, Am I the only one that thinks (except the shitty synth intro) The Truth works really well live? *Runs away before getting slaughtered*

You're a regular here?
-
Also, is it New WORD, or New World?

Fucking dammit. Alright... Thanks.

I really don't have anything to say, just pass me by.

I don't drink wine. I don't drink alcohol.

Last edited:
Peter's leave feels very weird and sudden, not as if he planned it at all. Maybe something in his personal life changed, that would be my guess. Probably wants to focus more on family. He just started collaborating with Daniel's beer company recently as well, and still got the 2112 place along with his at least 2 side projects so I guess he got a lot of shit going apart from IF.

In other words, he has better things to do that keep on being part of the band. Timeline:

Jesper "I leave because I have alcohol and depression problems. I also don't like the direction things are turning with the band."
Daniel "I leave because of family".
Peter "I leave because of... whatever".

:p

Nah, just to show how the excuses for leaving the band are becoming more and more lame these days.

Jesper's is hardly an excuse, that was a whole different situation.

As with Daniel and Peter, it's hard to tell. No wonder Anders and Björn (Jesper would've been the third, if not for his problem) are the last people to get tired of being in a serious (aka. not side-project) band. They are the ones who come up with new ideas, create new stuff, it's exciting for them. Daniel and Peter saw what could have been seen. After the CC-era, it was probably just the encore for them - whether they sticked for the money, the thrill of the live shows, or both will remain a mystery, but Peter always seemed motivated and excited, like, genuinely, I can't imagine him being there just for the money.

I watched an old ass interview with Daniel (probably at the start of the ASOP-era), and when the interviewer asked about touring and family he was pretty straightforward saying it doesn't work, and the wives are the unsung heroes, so it was obviously a bother for him and the rest who had a family for a time now. I guess you ask yourself in the mirror how much of your children's growing up you allow yourself to miss for some surplus money and "rock'n'roll". I mean, you have a child, you should know best - probably even without being away for months for work duties, you still miss out on some stuff.

Reactions: eochaid
I don't agree with his stance of "anybody can play our shit".
Anyway, I support him, of course. He is a fantastic bass player. Maybe he re-joins with Jesper? Can hope. He's, as I said, a great bass player.

Last edited:
I don't agree with his stance of "anybody can play our shit". Those who know what I'm talking about will know it even better later today.

Their previous shit, no. Their actual shit, you odn't need to be a specially talented or skilled musician to play that.

Anyway, I support him, of course. He is a fantastic bass player. Maybe he re-joins with Jesper? Can hope. He's, as I said, a great bass player.

They were going to announce a project in common the same week that battles was released. Maybe their "chiefs" didn't allow that.

Reactions: Midas
Nah I'm pretty sure like I just said his departure is the same as Daniel, wanting to focus on being more with his family. Jesper was purely he literally couldn't tour anymore cause of his problems. Daniel and Peter more cause they don't want to spend that much time away from home anymore while wanting to do other stuff in life while they are still not THAT old :p

So, enter Jane Random. Good looking female bass player with cool haircut who was introduced to band members by some US producer - tour manager.

They were going to announce a project in common the same week that battles was released. Maybe their "chiefs" didn't allow that.
In the interview with Peter - short before the release of Battles - where they asked him about the supposed Jesper-Anders beef, he mentioned their side project, so it was definitely allowed.

Even if the direction of the band was the reason Daniel & Peter left, they'd never say that out of respect for Anders & Bjorn. It's fine. I'm sure it's a combination of the band not being anywhere near its former heights, the change in direction away from metal and missing family. It's also possible he got tired of listening to Christian Joe talk about how amazing God is, and how they should do an album based on hymns he knows from Sunday School.

I've said before, since SOAPF this has basically been the Anders & Bjorn band featuring Daniel, Peter and Niklas. Yes, I know Engelin had some writing credits in Battles it's pretty likely the overall direction and majority composition was by Hipster and Bjorn.