IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

You've got a long way to go to earn my trust back bro. I try to be a good guy and help you out with your malware problems, and in return you attack everything I stand for.

Not cool, man. Not cool at all.

It's not particularly pissing me off, but it reminds me of the old days on boards which had practically no limit on signature sizes, and every page was full of signatures with large Jessica Alba, cars, GTA San Andreas, Lost and such. It was a blessing in disguise, when those short, horizontal stick signatures became popular, because many people switched to those. You know, it was like an [insert color(s) here] line and in that there was a little picture and some text like "2pac Lives fan club" or something. Of course, people, as retarded they are, went overboard with it, and everyone had 20 lines of these shits, some of them even animated.

Your post brings back those memories, but the annoying thing is that it is done in an extremely poor fashion. Like, a picture+quote signature combo was pretty much part of a "how to start out on a message board" starter pack in the early 2000s, but the picture is low effort and it's a fucking square, while the quote is a shitty try from someone to be sarcastic.

The only thing I hated more back in the day were the people who joined FRPG projects (which were on a rise) but they were fucking terrible at it. Like, that one time I played in a Jedi FRPG. We were supposed to be padawans, so we were specifically told not to overdo things. Here comes this motherfucker, who went out swimming to the lake in the Jedi academy, and low and behold, a huge sea monster attacked him, but don't worry, he sliced it apart. I went psycho on that guy, like all caps. It was one thing to slay a huge behemoth of a monster, but HOW THE FUCK IS THERE A SEA MONSTER IN THE LAKE OF A JEDI INFRASTRUCTURE SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR YOUNG JEDI WHO ARE STILL VERY WEAK??? WHAT WAS HE THINKING? DID HE HAVE SHARKS IN HIS KINDERGARDEN?

Maybe this is the reason I turned out to be the way I am now. Every time I see someone talk about something idiotic online, all I see is them fighting a sea monster coming out of a pond it had absolutely no chance nor reason to get to in there in the first place.

Slave, WTF man? Do you honestly think anybody will ever read all that?

SC is just one of those albums I will never like. It's repellent to me in every way. Battles is banal, but it's inoffensive enough that it doesn't anger me. It's just there.

The Truth.

That, and we just don't really care if IF is banal piece of modern poprockmetal. Their career as a serious band is pretty much over for years now.

Last edited:
Slave, WTF man? Do you honestly think anybody will ever read all that?
It's a question one has to ask themselves the first time they realize that they are doing this.

But it doesn't matter what I think, as no one's goal should be to cater for others. That would mean a loss of identity, and less chance for people to shape eachother. "Will they read it? Will my song be a hit? Will she say yes if I ask her out?" - as much as these thoughts undeniably cross everyone's mind when attempting such things, you are only shooting yourself on the foot if you don't ignore these questions.

I do agree with the "know your audience" sentiment, so if I really want to put my point across, then I put it on a higher priority than me actually enjoying the way I do it.

Now I'm actually interested: what is your real name, guys?

I know mr. @eochaid is Hugo, which is fucking funny in my opinion, like how more Spanish can you be? Fucking Hugo, jesus....

I'm Peter (and my surname is actually Smith, haha), but if I were to be a girl, I would've been Barbara. Man, I a so sad I never had a sister of my age (well, no brothers or sisters to begin with). She would've been a colossal cunt and we would've wrecked havoc everywhere!
Hugo is not a very common name in Spain. And, if you know a little about ethimology, its root is Germanic.

Hugo is not a very common name in Spain. And, if you know a little about ethimology, its root is Germanic.
I don't, but I am fascinated by the meaning of names.

Also, watching 6 seasons of Lost with Hugo Reyes as the Spanish(-American?) guy made me think everyone was named Hugo. Would've never guessed a Germanic origin.

It's not particularly pissing me off, but it reminds me of the old days on boards which had practically no limit on signature sizes, and every page was full of signatures with large Jessica Alba, cars, GTA San Andreas, Lost and such.

Good times.

Maybe this is the reason I turned out to be the way I am now.

It probably goes a little deeper than that.

"Will they read it? Will my song be a hit? Will she say yes if I ask her out?"

No, no and no. Hope that helps.

The Truth.

That, and we just don't really care if IF is banal piece of modern poprockmetal. Their career as a serious band is pretty much over for years now.

I am the truth that hurts the most.

I find it strange when I see guys like Slave, Ciko, etc taking In Flames so seriously, and responding to my posts like I care enough to write a lengthily reply.

If we're talking pre-R2R In Flames, sure, I'm happy to have some serious discussion about that. Anything else and it's a shrug. Modern In Flames exists only to amuse me. They don't have any actual artistic merit worth debating.

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
I don't, but I am fascinated by the meaning of names.

Also, watching 6 seasons of Lost with Hugo Reyes as the Spanish(-American?) guy made me think everyone was named Hugo. Would've never guessed a Germanic origin.
Hugo is just the same name as Hugh. I think that it came through france in modern times, since I don't remember that name being used in the middle ages. In Spain there are a lot of names of Germanic origin, inherited from our Visigoth and Suevi conquerors. But the most common names are José (from Joseph), Manuel (from Immanuel), and other biblical names (though we also use a lot of Latin, Greek and Persian names).

Reactions: Jester Slave
In Spain, there are, currently, 64 thousand people named Hugo, being the average age of nine years.

t
I find it strange when I see guys like Slave, Ciko, etc taking In Flames so seriously, and responding to my posts like I care enough to write a lengthily reply.
Why do you find it so important to tell the world (aka the 7 of us who still visit this board) that you don't take it seriously? You are making up an issue, and then frame us as the irrational guy.

Also, you always use this as an excuse for being sloppy. Basically you foolproofed yourself, because if you say something which is highly debateable you just throw in the "whatevaaaa'" card. Yet, here you are still. Sure, don't even bother, I reply for you: "I'm just hear because it's fun make you guys angry, but I'm actually fucking 3 chicks simultaneously, drinking with my friends, playing soccer with the gang and working on bio-engineering. Get fooled!"

Honestly, I don't think ANYONE cares. I care for the debates, not for restoring In Flames' artistic integrity.

In Spain, there are, currently, 64 thousand people named Hugo, being the average age of nine years.
Okay dude, chill, I did not mean to touch on your Hugo-complex. I think it's a funny sounding, but okay name.

I dislike boy names to begin with, as girls' have a much cooler variety. Plenty of beautiful girl names around there, and my darkest day would be the doctor telling me that a woman bearing my child is expecting a fucking boy. Like wow, good job woman on creating a useless boy with a soon to be painfully average name, instead of a pretty little girl whom I could name something cool.

Again, you're taking this far too seriously :D why do you think I care if what I'm writing is perfect or sloppy? Most of the time it's just amusing to see you and/or Krofius explode ...

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
I don't think it's about you. It's a normal expectation that if someone who visits a band's board on a daily basis, then he should not cover behind the "I don't care, actually!" mantra, which makes no sense. I mean, you do make serious posts sometimes, but you are extremely trigger-happy to lash out at others for being serious. Like, I just replied to you on a fucking online board regarding myself, and now I am far too serious.

We don't explode that much, honestly. You might think the opposite, because you label every disagreement as exploding.

What's your name?

Okay dude, chill, I did not mean to touch on your Hugo-complex. I think it's a funny sounding, but okay name.

I dislike boy names to begin with, as girls' have a much cooler variety. Plenty of beautiful girl names around there, and my darkest day would be the doctor telling me that a woman bearing my child is expecting a fucking boy. Like wow, good job woman on creating a useless boy with a soon to be painfully average name, instead of a pretty little girl whom I could name something cool.
I think that it is a very cool name. I share roots with one of Odin's crows.

I agree with boys girls names. There are many cool names for girls while, for boys they're usually meh. I wish that I was born in a northern country where the names are pretty cool. But here, in Spain, they're plain boring and uninteresting.