IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

My source in KGB said: "He was talking too much."

But then, it was maybe a false flag operation. Krofius got him for talkin' shit about new IF masterpiece.

Reactions: eochaid
Jesper did a pretty nice 90min~ Q&A on Facebook a couple days ago. Much interesting questions and answers about pretty much everything.

Any news on his and Peter's project?
Kind of yes. He re-iterated he sadly couldn't talk about the project or anything at the moment, but in 3weeks or something all information will be out. And it's a band, not a project. He said it's very diverse sounding.

So guys, few months later... I can say that Battles is another IF album I'm not listening.

I can't even remember most of the song names without looking.

Really hope Jesper releases some good music.

Reactions: galvanized
So guys, few months later... I can say that Battles is another IF album I'm not listening.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I've been rocking Dark Tranquility's latest a lot though. The song Neutrality is very old school. Very melodic and the solo portion has a sweet guitar tone that makes me think of Jester Race.

Reactions: mindd and Jester313

The title track came on my playlist today and it was fine. I would not seek out the album to play as a whole though.

Some days ago I finally listened to the album. :D

I'm not going to write a review as Battles is already discussed to death. I'd just like to say a good example of how In Flames have changed are the songs "Satellites & Astronauts" and "Like Sand". The latter is practically a new version of the former, only just about everything on Like Sand is simpler than on S&A. The riffs, the lyrics, the leads, everything. As someone already said it's not an evolution, more like a de-evolution.

For me, this band is pretty much over now. I know people have been saying the same thing for the past 15 years but before the release of Battles I had liked every other post-Fredman IF album, still. (R2R -hit; STYE - miss; CC - hit; ASOP - miss; SOAPF - hit; SC - miss). Now it's only one album out of the latest four that I like.

My biggest complaint about this band is they're not putting 100% effort in their albums anymore. I'd rather even see them releasing a jazz album sounding like they gave all their heart writing it...

I still only listened to it one time when it came in the mail. It doesn't deserve any of my attention.

I'm still spinning DT Atoma. Great album. Holds out very well. Always something new you can discover. I really like the balance they've found between furious riffing + hammering the drums and calm, more keyboard driven parts. Really cool and pleasant.

Reactions: mindd

I deleted it. Not interested at all.

I'm still spinning DT Atoma. Great album. Holds out very well. Always something new you can discover. I really like the balance they've found between furious riffing + hammering the drums and calm, more keyboard driven parts. Really cool and pleasant.
I'm just starting to get more familiar with the second half. I can't help starting at the first or second track and never finish during my commute. Also I need to hear the bonus tracks, I read a few people saying they are even better than the album tracks. I'm intrigued.

I'm just starting to get more familiar with the second half. I can't help starting at the first or second track and never finish during my commute. Also I need to hear the bonus tracks, I read a few people saying they are even better than the album tracks. I'm intrigued.
I like the bonus tracks a lot, but it's difficult to say if they are better. They are completely different from the entire album.

Yes, different, but not better.. DT does the whole electro thing a lot better than our beloved DMode-loving Anders.

And while I love Stanne clean singing... I think he would benefit from a producer with experience and some new ideas for his vocals. I think he does not use the whole potential.

Yes, different, but not better.. DT does the whole electro thing a lot better than our beloved DMode-loving Anders.

And while I love Stanne clean singing... I think he would benefit from a producer with experience and some new ideas for his vocals. I think he does not use the whole potential.

I'd agree with you there. Sometimes I hear Stanne's cleans and think, they're good but... something's just not right. His cleans haven't really evolved at all since Projector. They sound very similar, which is a shame as there is room for improvement. There are people who cringe at Stanne's cleans, and honestly I can understand why. But still, Stanne does have a good voice, it just isn't being utilised to its full ability.

With Anders I just feel bad. Deep down I think he truly believes he's a good singer :( but he isn't. He really, really isn't.

As for Slave, last seen 1D 11H ago. Looks like the Russians have started accessing his account. If his next posts contain anything about vodka or the glory of Vladmir Putin, assume the worst.