IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I would never waste time with micromanaging stuff like scans.

And I had to be exceptionally stupid, to get to where I am now. I wanted to play with the new Walking Dead game and the next thing I knew was downloading "150% legit crack" from a Russian site, and then EXTRACTING the .rar and then OPENING the .exe.

For 2,5 years I had no problems, despite only having Windows Firewall.

I honestly don't know why I would switch to Mac or Linux, even if they were accessible with everything. Windows is very user friendly, I am using it since I was ~8, and I have no complaints. Win 95 was fucking terrible, but 98, XP and 7 were perfect for me so far. I am not sure though if I should upgrade to 10.
Because windows isn't 100% user friendly and it's 100% insecure. This is why.

Just an example. Anytime that I switch to a new version of Linux, I don't need to reinstall programs, make copies of my system or my data, it all remains there. Which means that, as an example, after the new installation, when I open Firefox or chrome, they are exactly as I left them before installing the new os. Tell windows to do this.

I would never waste time with micromanaging stuff like scans.

And I had to be exceptionally stupid, to get to where I am now. I wanted to play with the new Walking Dead game and the next thing I knew was downloading "150% legit crack" from a Russian site, and then EXTRACTING the .rar and then OPENING the .exe.

For 2,5 years I had no problems, despite only having Windows Firewall.

I honestly don't know why I would switch to Mac or Linux, even if they were accessible with everything. Windows is very user friendly, I am using it since I was ~8, and I have no complaints. Win 95 was fucking terrible, but 98, XP and 7 were perfect for me so far. I am not sure though if I should upgrade to 10.
Ah the cracks, they are 100% legit and 70% insecure. Better download them from a torrent page with lots of comments or the full game ripped and ready.

Yeah, 8 was repelling, hated it on my phone too.

I catched the last 5 minutes, nothing interesting. They said Atoma was fantastic and we should get it, everything else was fucking cliché - to be fair, it's the fault of the questions.

I hate it when people ask "will you guys come to xxx" kinda questions. I asked some good ones though. It was a funny moment when Björn tried to pronounce my name. lol

Ahaha, I was one of those people, but you are right, those questions are bad - I just wanted them to recognize me! :D

I hate when people ask them mean spirited questions like "when will you make a good record again?" or anything along that line, because 1.) they are just going to recite the same mantra every band does, which is that they believe they still do good records 2.) you can phrase it in a normal way, like when will you make a record where this and that are dominant, and 3.) you are being a colossal asshole.

I think people believe they are fucking edgy when they ask such questions, but in reality, it is just a certificate of autism.

I also hate questions about gaming and favorite drinks. Same questions and answers all the time. Yes, they play CoD, yes, they like beer, stop asking them about it.

I don't get why they make such a Q&A if they are not keen on answering serious, not rude questions. Anders said that the all time low in their career was when they ran out of beer. HAHAHAHA, VERY GOOOD M8 XDDD shut the fuck up, and give a half-decent answer at least.

Ahaha, I was one of those people, but you are right, those questions are bad - I just wanted them to recognize me! :D

I hate when people ask them mean spirited questions like "when will you make a good record again?" or anything along that line, because 1.) they are just going to recite the same mantra every band does, which is that they believe they still do good records 2.) you can phrase it in a normal way, like when will you make a record where this and that are dominant, and 3.) you are being a colossal asshole.

I think people believe they are fucking edgy when they ask such questions, but in reality, it is just a certificate of autism.

I also hate questions about gaming and favorite drinks. Same questions and answers all the time. Yes, they play CoD, yes, they like beer, stop asking them about it.

Totally. I asked about Passenger since I'm a fan of first album and Anders said that it was fun back in the time and he's not sure that they'll do another record. Some guy asked about NIN cover and Björn said that we'll be hearing it soon, I'm really curious about the cover I guess we'll have to wait.

And I was curious about the unreleased materials from the old albums. I know they have 1 song from ASOP sessions but I guess they have more. Björn said "We do have some stuff and we'll see. It's all I can say right now." Maybe they can release a compilation album. Throw old songs and unreleased ones, there you go.

I asked Bjorn and Anders when they were at my venue when they were coming to the states again after their co-headline tour with Hell Yeah a couple months back... Said they'll either do a support or small festival tour this year, or do a full-on headline tour in 2018.

I wonder if they'll do the usual taking 3 yrs between albums or repeating Siren Charms-Battles 2 year cycle for the next record... Just curious touring wise

I asked Bjorn and Anders when they were at my venue when they were coming to the states again after their co-headline tour with Hell Yeah a couple months back... Said they'll either do a support or small festival tour this year, or do a full-on headline tour in 2018.

I wonder if they'll do the usual taking 3 yrs between albums or repeating Siren Charms-Battles 2 year cycle for the next record... Just curious touring wise

Anders said that they'll be touring this album 2 years. I guess they doing 3 years thing.

Self vs. Self made me realize that IF needs to do a full on collab record next. In Flames is popular enough with decent music taste to convince various artists to contribute. Obvious candidates are DT and Soilwork, but they could (and should! duh) tap in other genres as well, because as cool as another Anders-Stanne duo assisted by 20 guitars would be, I'd still mostly look forward to unlikely matches like Pendulum was.

I know they are cashing in on tours, but if they make like an EP with 6 collab songs, or an LP with collab songs + unreleased material, they will still sell out shows even if they can't play any of the newly released songs, but they most likely can, because a tour with Soilwork or DT for example is not unimaginable at all. Plus they have a huge enough discography to keep attracting the crowd with the staples + songs constantly rotating from tour leg to tour leg.

No one gives a fuck about album sales anyway; I bet they earn more annually from their own ventures, than from a record that sells 10-15k copies every 2-3 years. Well, maybe Anders is an exception, cuz I figure he has the biggest share, but then again, if he gets the biggest cut from touring as well, then he is basically drowning on money, which he spends on custom made hipster stuff, tattoos and beard products.

DT and Soilwork doing collab work would be awesome. Bjorn could fit into that project, but I'm not sure Anders, Engelin or Christian Joe could contribute anything positive to the mix.

Self vs. Self made me realize that IF needs to do a full on collab record next. In Flames is popular enough with decent music taste to convince various artists to contribute. Obvious candidates are DT and Soilwork, but they could (and should! duh) tap in other genres as well, because as cool as another Anders-Stanne duo assisted by 20 guitars would be, I'd still mostly look forward to unlikely matches like Pendulum was.

I know they are cashing in on tours, but if they make like an EP with 6 collab songs, or an LP with collab songs + unreleased material, they will still sell out shows even if they can't play any of the newly released songs, but they most likely can, because a tour with Soilwork or DT for example is not unimaginable at all. Plus they have a huge enough discography to keep attracting the crowd with the staples + songs constantly rotating from tour leg to tour leg.

No one gives a fuck about album sales anyway; I bet they earn more annually from their own ventures, than from a record that sells 10-15k copies every 2-3 years. Well, maybe Anders is an exception, cuz I figure he has the biggest share, but then again, if he gets the biggest cut from touring as well, then he is basically drowning on money, which he spends on custom made hipster stuff, tattoos and beard products.
Self vs Self is among their best modern songs. It's got an energy that few of their new songs have.

A DT or Soilwork collaboration sounds a bit too samey to me. It would mostly only cater to hardcore metal fans. Collaborating with other genres, to some extent they have done that themselves. SC was like alt rock. Battles had pop punk influence. Several pop star guest singers. They did nu metal for years. Already did a country song or two. We joked about it but rap metal is just about the only thing they haven't done.

I think more electronic collabs would be the best. More Self be Self. Some neoclassical shred would be cool too but not at all their style now. Return to folk metal would also be welcome but no way that would ever happen.

I don't think it's fair saying that those guys couldn't give anything to a DT or Soilwork track. A collab is interesting, because you supposed to get something new. Anders fry screaming while Björn (Soilwork) or(/AND???) Stanne doing the cleans would be pretty damn epic. You might like the screams or growls of the latter two more, than Anders screaming, but that's why you already have a pile of records with them doing just that. Even Anders would be capable to muster something up for at least 1 fucking song - worst case scenario he never performs it live, because he just can't, so what?

Also, think about the possibilities - and now I am still talking about DT and Soilwork. Sure, trying to make a regular 3:30 long song would be kinda boring, bar the possible vocal combo I just mentioned. But what if these guys go and challenge such epics as TCP and Wallflower? If two or three band is working on a 7-10 minutes long epic, then it should be good. You can do abstract shit like chapters withing a song, or just make it a 6 minutes long rollercoaster ride, whatever.

But yes, the main appeal of the record would be including different genres, as I said too myself, fuck you guys, stop taking my credits. In Flames might've tried on their own, but let's face it, could have they made Self vs. Self without Pendulum? Not in any shape or form that would be as amazing as it turned out to be. Self vs. Self would've remained a good idea ruined by lack of inspiration and effort, like Battles.

Well we have a song that kinda IF ft Soilwork. Written by Peter Wichers ex-Soilwork with Anders on vocals. It's pretty good, love to listen it from time to time.

Dysfunctional Hours is quite cool, although my favourite track from that album is probably The Overshadowing. Christian Älvestam is fucking awesome.

No one gives a fuck about album sales anyway; I bet they earn more annually from their own ventures, than from a record that sells 10-15k copies every 2-3 years.
They do. But no album sales no record company, no invested money to Starr touring, no promo... Just quit the crap. Of course bands do care about album sales, but they just know that it's more difficult today due to fans' laziness and greediness.

Until cc if were selling around 500 thousand copies of each record. I don't know now.

Holy shit, never heard that song before, but that first verse 10/10, great editing. Overall a decent song and makes me cry for an In Flames sounds metal. I mean, this song is mainstream as fuck too, yet night and day compared to Battles.

As for records, I don't know how well they sell stuff in Europe, but surely they would've done a greatest hits by now, or two, if they wanted to skin us.

Actually, a good one (even saw Battles and Live In Helsinki in the store! they are goddamn fucking expensive though for no reason), though ever since mid-January I am in the constant mood of fear and guilt, because my next exam is due Monday, and I did not learn shit for the previous one, because I'm a lazy motherfucker, and even right now I'm rather talking with grown ass person with some pacwoman avatar, than studying.

But I went shopping, (finally) bought a good gin, someone I showed my headphones to try it out praised it a lot (V A L I D A T I O N), Liverpool and Arsenal are currently losing and I even bought two music CDs for my mother, who was in great joy, because a.) I am a shitty son to have, though to be fair my parents can only blame themselves and b.) her birthday is coming up. The latter which I had no idea of, and when she told me to guess her age I said 38 unironically. She's turning 47. My error was within the 10 year margin, so I don't feel bad, though at times like this I wonder if I am actually autistic or just an ignorant fuck. Could be both though.