IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2015/lulea-energi-arena-lulea-sweden-1bf5e948.html

I refuse to forget this set they played at the end of 2015.

Next headlining tour for In Flames should be something like this.

If they made sure to promote a photo of this kind of set list on Facebook/IG before people would usually scroll right past, IF would absolutely sell a few extra tickets to the nay-sayers once they saw IF does still play great old shit like this.
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2015/katalin-uppsala-sweden-23f5f4b3.html
I got this one, I think the only difference being they swaped out Jotun instead of OFTW (to my delight, the only did it on a few shows on the tour) probably because the venue was the smallest place they've played since the 90's or some shit.

That video of Jotun someone recorded on YouTube that tour was so sick.

I still to this day, feel like Colony should be on every set list. Amazing riffs.

They played it in 2011

That's from thee quite place single. A cover of a Swedish folk song, if in remember right.

Saw Devin Townsend Friday, was 10/10 show, seeing Gojira tomorrow, shit's gonna be good.

Well, it will be 6 months until album release.

Not really excited by vocalist. Or drummer. Or the whole modern metal thing. But hey, if Jesper does riffs and melodies, that trademark stuff will be there and that could turn out fine.

In theory, Jake is a much better singer than Anders, Alexamder must be better than that dude that plays for IF now, Peter is a competent bass player, and Jesper is better than current IF guitar department. Will all that result in better music than recent IF albums, who knows...

Also... New SOEN album is great. Opeth we've never got.

Lopez fantastic and groovy as always.

Reactions: eochaid
Agree, theoretically it should be better. Proof will be in the pudding. If they kept some EDM elements that could be cool. (Self vs Self)

Also agree on the latest Soen. Just got it but very solid. Soen is first and foremost a metal band with progressive elements. Opeth is first and foremost about the progressive (1970s flavor) at this point and I just can't get into their stuff anymore. I might be a caveman metalhead simpleton but *shrug*.

Reactions: Pallbearer
Agree, theoretically it should be better. Proof will be in the pudding. If they kept some EDM elements that could be cool. (Self vs Self)

Also agree on the latest Soen. Just got it but very solid. Soen is first and foremost a metal band with progressive elements. Opeth is first and foremost about the progressive (1970s flavor) at this point and I just can't get into their stuff anymore. I might be a caveman metalhead simpleton but *shrug*.
When they did the self vs self collaboration Jesper was not in the band and Peter was not part of that song, just Bjorn and Anders, though the title says (ft. In flames).

When they did the self vs self collaboration Jesper was not in the band and Peter was not part of that song, just Bjorn and Anders, though the title says (ft. In flames).

I never really got into Opeth, and I'm still not entirely sure what all the hype is/was about. I remember seeing them live at a festival years ago, and it was one of the most boring, unenergetic performances I've ever seen.

Good point.

I'm going to be pissed when Jesper modern metal just means B-side STYE riffs.

I never really got into Opeth, and I'm still not entirely sure what all the hype is/was about. I remember seeing them live at a festival years ago, and it was one of the most boring, unenergetic performances I've ever seen.
I like Opeth a lot but it took me a few years to get into them. Did they play anything heavy at that show? I don't mind their new growl-less stuff but it's really not my thing.

I like Opeth a lot but it took me a few years to get into them. Did they play anything heavy at that show? I don't mind their new growl-less stuff but it's really not my thing.

I honestly don't remember. It was was Bloodstock... they headlined 2008 and 2010 so I must have seen them twice there. Setlists were:

Demon of the Fall
The Baying of the Hounds
Master's Apprentices
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid the Disease
Wreath
Heir Apparent
The Drapery Falls

Windowpane
The Grand Conjuration
The Lotus Eater
The Drapery Falls
The Moor
Bleak
Catch the Rainbow (Rainbow cover)
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall

It wasn't necessarily the music that was the problem, they were just so boring on stage. No movement, no interaction with the audience, no energy. They performed their songs well, but if you'd put in a CD and cardboard cut outs of the band on stage it wouldn't have been a whole lot different to them being there live.

Reactions: eochaid
I used to like them a lot. Not the last albums. And I like their live shows, but it's something totally different to what you could expect from a metal show.

Opeth manages to play TDF live close to perfection. Anders and Bjorn believe that Episode 666, AOTBR, or Jotun are too complex for live setting.

Arch Enemy pulls off 2 minute fast harmonized melody/solo, IF doesn't even play songs with "hard" solo parts anymore.

Random thought of the day:

Was it ever established what they meant with the song title "Man Made God" ?

a) It was man who made (up) God.
b) The title is a noun standing for a man-made god.
c) a man who was made a god (übermensch) :D

Considering the man vs. machine theme of TJR/Whoracle/Colony c) might be it, but I don't know.

Last edited: