IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Random thought of the day:

Was it ever established what they meant with the song title "Man Made God" ?

a) It was man who made (up) God.
b) The title is a noun standing for a man-made god.
c) a man who was made a god (übermensch) :D

Considering the man vs. machine theme of TJR/Whoracle/Colony c) might be it, but I don't know.
I've always thought about this too but it's a little difficult being there are no lyrics. But I think a) and b) would actually be the same thing here. If man made up god, then god is man-made.

Finally got to see Amorphis last week.

Sabaton in April

IF(headlining instead of co-headlining with that shit band HellYeah) & Killswitch in May

Wonder what set IF will play for that

Random thought of the day:

Was it ever established what they meant with the song title "Man Made God" ?

a) It was man who made (up) God.
b) The title is a noun standing for a man-made god.
c) a man who was made a god (übermensch) :D

Considering the man vs. machine theme of TJR/Whoracle/Colony c) might be it, but I don't know.

Seeing as Colony is about machines taking over, I'm guessing the title relates to the fact man has created their new god (the machines).

What do you base this on? Because I am quite sure that naysayers will naysay, no matter what IF says. Either they will complain about the setlist or about Anders.

Also, IF is pretty set already, whether naysayers do or do not visit their shows. They really have no reason to put in some extra effort for them, who will most likely shit on them anyway.
LOL

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
When they did the self vs self collaboration Jesper was not in the band and Peter was not part of that song, just Bjorn and Anders, though the title says (ft. In flames).
Nah it was Anders, Björn and Peter.

Regardless of your view, it's fair to say that songs from this era are a lot more interesting than The Chosen Pessimist or Disconnected.

Reactions: Pallbearer
March 18, Oslo, Norway setlist:
  1. Alias
  2. Before I Fall
  3. All for Me
  4. Moonshield
  5. Jesters dance
  6. Only for the Weak
  7. Like Sand (Acoustic)
  8. In My Room (Acoustic)
  9. Hurt (Nine Inch Nails cover) (Acoustic)
  10. Through Oblivion (Acoustic)
  11. Dawn of a New Day (Acoustic)
  12. Come Clarity
  13. The Truth
  14. Paralyzed
  15. Cloud Connected
  16. The Quiet Place
  17. The End
  18. Wallflower
Discuss.

Btw bought a ticket for their show in Saint-Petersburg on 04/04, kind of sad that I was even thinking whether I should go or save that little money that I have, lol.
Dark Tranquillity back in the end of January were a-fucking-mazing tho, that was my first live show and also one of the best experiences of my life, i think. Stanne is really damn entertaining on stage.

Why the fuck are they playing so many acoustic songs when Anders can't sing? Delusional.
Because fans keep on telling himnthatbhe is a good singer and voting for their terrible acoustic performances in the polls. This is why.

Changing subject I find it ridiculous funny how some people has started the In Jesper We Trust and in Cyhra We trust motto before even listening to one single song.

What a weird setlist. Or that it's 5 acoustic version songs. Also you didn't include that before Alias there was some ''Medley'' and it said ''String quartet played a medley of songs''. Must've been some special show? Unless they are doing a string quartet medley every show and performing 5 songs acoustically. Makes no sense, especially when they havent played Like Sand and In My Room normally yet. Cool with Dawn of a New Day though, and Moonshield and The Jester's Dance. Nice to see them mix it up and add a instrumental song on the setlist.

Last edited:
Because fans keep on telling himnthatbhe is a good singer and voting for their terrible acoustic performances in the polls. This is why.

Changing subject I find it ridiculous funny how some people has started the In Jesper We Trust and in Cyhra We trust motto before even listening to one single song.

Yeah, for sure. Maybe some of them should go and listen to The Resistance. Jesper's particaption these days isn't going to automatically equal awesome melodeath, even if Peter is involved. I don't think Peter even did any songwriting for IF?

TR was not my thing, but you could hear some Jesper tm sound from time to time.

Btw, Cyhra - what a stupid name.

Yeah, for sure. Maybe some of them should go and listen to The Resistance. Jesper's particaption these days isn't going to automatically equal awesome melodeath, even if Peter is involved. I don't think Peter even did any songwriting for IF?
Nothing at all.

We all have varying thoughts and opinions...

Say and think what you want...

But at least since 2015, they are actually making an effort to play older songs live.

Curious for video of moonshield/jester's dance deff

They've always made an effort to put a couple of older songs in to be fair, whether it's Moonshield, Artifacts, The Hive, WWTM, Colony, or whatever else... but five acoustic songs? :lol: I feel sorry for that audience.