IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

:rofl:

Brutal4life.

You're not being fair. IF has a number of songs with competent singers. Whoracle, Dead End, WTWE...

Reactions: eochaid
Not bad. Guitar stuff is IF (tm). Solo is a bit meh. Vocals good. Song catchy.

Nothing wrong with it, nothing special about it either.

Well, I like the solo..it enters smoothly, fits with the smooth, and I can totally can see a work behind it.

I'm not very fan of vocals like this and I'm tired of the use of synths in modern metal.

Basically, to me, modern IF jesper's version.

Vocals are OK, but they just don't do anything for me. Generic modern metal stuff. Synths are quite annoying.

This song = Amaranthe driven by classic IF melodic riffs (while I was hoping for Clayman/CC IF with better clean vocals). It is good, but it's just a short single. I hope the rest of the album will be better.

It's exactly how I thought it was going to be. This will make a lot of people disappointed.

Well, if they were hoping for TJR, yes. But it's still good music. We'll see.

And yes, this is a single, short, direct, catchy, but they are doing the same thing new IF does. Reducing musical content just to get that classic pop song structure and get to the first chorus as soon as possible. 15 sec of synth, 15 sec of catchy riff (without taking another 20-30 seconds to develop that theme), verse, bridge, chorus, verse, bridge, chorus, short solo, chorus, repeat intro to end the song.

I like the song actually, its better than what I expected. I can hear Clayman guitars in the song which is totally awesome. I'm happy that Jesper still got it. As soon as I heard Jake will be doing the vocals I knew that it wont be scream vocals or something so that wasnt a disappointment but I would preffer scream vocals. This vocals isnt bad actually but I would like to hear some scream on that awesome guitars. Like you guys said synths are on every modern melodeath songs so its boring.

I like the song actually, its better than what I expected. I can hear Clayman guitars in the song which is totally awesome. I'm happy that Jesper still got it. As soon as I heard Jake will be doing the vocals I knew that it wont be scream vocals or something so that wasnt a disappointment but I would preffer scream vocals. This vocals isnt bad actually but I would like to hear some scream on that awesome guitars. Like you guys said synths are on every modern melodeath songs so its boring.
It's amazing how actually people is surprised that there are no screams. It's not as if nobody knows shit about Jake's style.

Better than anything off IF's last two albums, slap some Whoracle growls in there and it's a pretty acceptable In Flames tune. Jesper's still got it.

Reactions: DE4life
"Formed in 2016 by longtime friends Jake E and Strömblad, CYHRA is about to light a fire under the contemporary metal scene that promises to blaze for decades to come."

:tickled::tickled::tickled:

Récord labels are really amazing.

01. Karma
02. Heartrage
03. Here To Save You
04. Muted Life
05. Closure
06. Letter To Myself
07. Dark Clarity
08. Holding Your Breath
09. Rescue Ride
10. Black Wings
11. Inside A Lullaby
12. Dead To Me
13. Letters To Myself

Who let Anders choose the titles?

I never really liked or like Amaranthe so I'm not loving the song. I mean it's a catchy song, the intro melody is awesome, reminds me totally of Colony/Clayman riffs. Solo was also pretty good. Like I've heard previous people say, if there would be a bunch of screams/growls that song could be really good. Only clean vocals with this guys voice will for me pull down the album's rating, 10x better guitar riffs in this song than anything off of The Resistance though so that's a plus.

Lets hope he starts fully writing the DZ album in the near future, he said he had a bunch of tracks last year and that he was hoping to release something in 2018 with DZ, that shit could be real good.

Basically, I agree with you. The song is enjoyable. Music is good, jesper's version of modern if. But the singer is men, I won't love him.

I imagine it with growls, anders style, and it could sound better.

Basically, I agree with you. The song is enjoyable. Music is good, jesper's version of modern if. But the singer is men, I won't love him.

I imagine it with growls, anders style, and it could sound better.

Admit it dude, deep down inside you wish that it was Anders on this song not someone else. We all know that if Anders did this one it could be classic IF song. Its good to see that even someone who bashes Anders all this time knows that he could be pull songs to another level.

With the help of pro tools and a vocal producer, yes. I only have a problem with his vocals live.

But he has done some pretty good things at the studio.

But it's not about being someone else. It's just that I'm not into voices like this of Jake.

With the help of pro tools and a vocal producer, yes. I only have a problem with his vocals live.

But he has done some pretty good things at the studio.

I mean I kinda agree with you about bashing his live cleans, he's not the best singer out there or hell maybe even a good singer. But on the other side, his scream vocals are awesome live or studio. With his vocals that song would go to another level.