IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

What if I actually think good singing sounds better than screaming? I appreciate that might be difficult to get your head around, but there are some people with that opinion.

Sure you can have your opinions, you can prefer good singing and thats your choice I get that. What I'm saying is if you add Anders's screams to that song you basicly have a Clayman/Colony song. We all can see it, that kinda song would fit to those eras. But saying that it wouldnt improve it, is kinda weird cause you claimed with tons of posts that you liked old IF and Karma with Anders's scream vocals on top is a old IF song. You see the contradiction here right?

Sure you can have your opinions, you can prefer good singing and thats your choice I get that. What I'm saying is if you add Anders's screams to that song you basicly have a Clayman/Colony song. We all can see it, that kinda song would fit to those eras. But saying that it wouldnt improve it, is kinda weird cause you claimed with tons of posts that you liked old IF and Karma with Anders's scream vocals on top is a old IF song. You see the contradiction here right?

I don't really agree with that to begin with. Some of the riffs on Karma sound like old school IF, sure, but not the whole song. What about the quiet parts of the verses, for example? Does Anders scream through that too?

Chorus would sound OK screamed, yeah, but I don't think it improves the song. It'd sound fine to me either way.

But I thought that it was about the lyrics, not a real passion :p

I only like unisonic.

Well, PM isn't for everyone. You should check out Iron Savior or Mercenary though, that's some good stuff and vocals aren't mega gay.

Rage are pretty good too, although I dunno if they count as power metal.

I'm sorry but Peavy Wagner does not sound like a girl. :p

Neither does Ralf Scheepers:

Edit: I mean, you're free to dislike these singers but I just fail to see why anyone would say their vocals are gay, powerless or whatever.

Girly :p

I generally dislike any power metal. I just can't take the vocals. It's quite funny when you think about it, it's kind of like reversed with those people who can't stand growls but ''like the music'', kind of the same with me for power metal in general terms.

Power metal has extremely varied vocals, so to say you don't like all power metal vocals is basically just to say you don't like singing.

I don't like singing :p

No, just joking. I like Mikael Kiske.

Kiske is a damn good vocalist. He and Jorn Lande are two of my absolute favourites. Most of the PM I listen to tends to have vocalists in the lower range as opposed to the higher range, although I'm fine with both.

It's just hilarious when people say they "don't like power metal vocalists", as if there's only one type of PM vocalist who has the exact same style of singing. It's such a varied genre in terms of vocals that it's the equivalent of drinking a beer and declaring you hate all alcohol.

Like I said it's a generalized statement. Obviously I mean the trademark falsetto styled and high pitched singing. Dragonforce for example.