IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

First thoughts, really digging the artwork. I like it a lot, and having listened to "The End", it's shockingly a thumbs up from me. Much more energy than SC, much better production, screams and cleans sound really good. Reminds me of a track of SOAPF. Could have done without the trademark wanky solo from Bjorn, but that's a minor quibble. This has raised my expectations significantly.

First impresion. DOesn't sound like IF (except for the guitars), Anders is still doing things that he can reproduce (live or at studio again), but I might say that I don't know if I like the song, though, by the time, I don't dislike it.

Reactions: AtotheK
Album art is awesome :D new song sounds promising, anders' clean vocals sound much improved. That song managed to both be heavier and catchier

Yeah, I like it. Weird that they teased The truth but released The end instead.
Oh, and there were children singing, but wouldn't exactly say this sounds as something out of SC, maybe the chorus but that's it.

So I assume we will get 'truth' as thr first proper single with a music video, mabye in two weeks or so

It's much more uptempo than anything off SC (except the bonus tracks, which I actually thought were pretty good anyway). The production is still a little light on the guitars, which is a shame, but otherwise it's no worse than something like Deliver Us - which I like, too.

My tastes have softened somewhat recently so I might just be getting mellow in my old age :D but first impression was that it's fine and a big improvement from any of the normal tracks from SC.

Reactions: Seppo91
but first impression was that it's fine and a big improvement from any of the normal tracks from SC.

It's far better and has more effort on it than anything from SC (though that was not a difficult task).

After six times I think that I like it. Lets wait for the rest of the album, since the single is usually the most accesible song.

Nice production at last!

Song seems much better than SC stuff. Uptempo-ish, melodic, better vocal melodies and all.

But... Song as a whole reminds me of something done by Sonic syndicate or some modern US band of similar genre. Also, they've missed the chance to develop some of better parts of the song in pursuit to get to first chorus, and repeat it a few times in less then 4 minutes. Wanky meaningless solo and recycled riffs&melodies from last few albums goes without saying.

And yeah, the usual... Anders can't sing this, and we all know it.

New drummer did some simple, but good job on this one.

All in all, nothing wrong with it, on some level I like it, but I'm not exactly blown away by it.

You know the thing that stands out the most to me? How good Anders' cleans are in the bridge after the second chorus. He has improved a lot

Well just woke up with news from new album and a single, best morning ever. Song could be better I guess, it doesnt really feel like IF song. Some parts are fine but i could rate the song 5 from 1 to 10. It's not bad but cant really get IF vibe. The only thing I hate on the song is solo. So bad. Song is okay for me. Still have the hype though.

You know the thing that stands out the most to me? How good Anders' cleans are in the bridge after the second chorus. He has improved a lot

Improving at studio is not improving at all. His cleans there also sound very similar to some cleans on all for me.

Well just woke up with news from new album and a single, best morning ever. Song could be better I guess, it doesnt really feel like IF song. Some parts are fine but i could rate the song 5 from 1 to 10. It's not bad but cant really get IF vibe. The only thing I hate on the song is solo. So bad. Song is okay for me. Still have the hype though.

Don't go stealing other people's role :p

Reactions: ciko_gfb
Nice production at last!

Song seems much better than SC stuff. Uptempo-ish, melodic, better vocal melodies and all.

But... Song as a whole reminds me of something done by Sonic syndicate or some modern US band of similar genre. Also, they've missed the chance to develop some of better parts of the song in pursuit to get to first chorus, and repeat it a few times in less then 4 minutes. Wanky meaningless solo and recycled riffs&melodies from last few albums goes without saying.

And yeah, the usual... Anders can't sing this, and we all know it.

New drummer did some simple, but good job on this one.

All in all, nothing wrong with it, on some level I like it, but I'm not exactly blown away by it.

Yeah, that sums it up pretty well for me. The song is OK. I think I'm just relieved it doesn't sound like something off SC. Agreed on the chorus observation, they definitely sacrificed song progression in favour of moar chorus... but then, they did that through almost all of SOAPF and it didn't really bother me :D

He has improved in his use of ProTools, for sure :D

Reactions: eochaid
I still don't get all the bottled hate, it's another meh/10 on the meh/10 in flames record :p