IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Because this song is similar to SC stuff but paralyzed was boring . Truth is something like mix SC with sense of purpose melodies style

And then the guy says that he thinks that they are working on a new album. Not a reliable source.

Maybe, but there is a chance he just heard the song on Octane and didn't know about the new album.
It's not like In flames have done alot of teasing until now.
Seen a lot of comments that didn't realise they were working on new material besides the live dvd.

Maybe, but there is a chance he just heard the song on Octane and didn't know about the new album.
It's not like In flames have done alot of teasing until now.
Seen a lot of comments that didn't realise they were working on new material besides the live dvd.
There is also the chance that he is working for octane, due to his lack of knowledge of what the band's doing now.

Reactions: Seppo91
I wonder when they will learn that teasing fans it's not cool, it's just one of the weirdest and stupdest things that a band can do.

I wonder when they will learn that teasing fans it's not cool, it's just one of the weirdest and stupdest things that a band can do.

Dunno, I think it can be done well, but this cryptic shit I don't like at all.
Like, give me at least somewhat of an idea when I can expect news, don't just post cryptic messages that just drag on.

I reckon tommorow is a good shout for an announcement, that or Monday. Time to put on some goggles to prepare for the shitstorm of 90's only In Flames fans :cool:

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
I'll be fair with In Flames music, as I always have been.

No matter how people try to defend it, SC was a lazy, uninspired album with absolutely no creativity whatsoever. If that's what you like then great, you're easily pleased and life is a breeze. For the rest of us, we can only hope the next album has a little more value.

Reactions: eochaid and Seppo91

It was OK the first time, but for three or four albums in a row now? It's getting old, especially as not that many people give a shit any more. In Flames' star has faded significantly since the days of Come Clarity and I don't consider them an especially relevant band any more. The style of music they are gravitating towards is being done better by many other bands.

I do fear that their swansong as the In Flames most of us enjoyed was Sounds of a Playground Fading. I still consider that a really great album, but I'm not expecting the same level of quality in the next release. I genuinely don't think they have it in them any more.

Reactions: eochaid
I like all In Flames Colony and onwards, and select songs from Whoracle and TJR. First In Flames I heard was Sounds of a playground when it came out (I was 12 at the time!) and it is still my fave. As the first In Flames album I was able to look forward to the release of, Siren Charms dissapointed me due to it's simplicity and some questionable decisions in song writing (the slow pacing of the drums during the awesome heavy main riff in Monsters in the ballroom comes to mind) but still I find it an enjoyable album to listen to when I'm in the right mood. I'm hoping for more guitar work and some better screams from Anders on thr new album.

I don't know.The truth is that a couple of songs from SC seem to lack creativity or complexity, but the rest was interesting.I really enjoyed that album and I love the fact that the band keeps evolving and becoming more mature.If the upcoming album continues the same direction, I am totally fine with it. I have a feeling that tomorrow is the day !!

I agree dude, I love some songs on Siren charms (Paralyzed, through oblivion, title track. Dead eyes, filtered truth) but some of thr others feel under developed. I think that a similar album but one with slightly more creativity and more guitar driven songs would be awesome

Reactions: Seppo91 and Ilias7
I wrote a post on the SC thread which pretty much shows conclusively how badly the album lacks creativity. I can't be bothered to find it, but it really is undeniable. Every song has essentially the same structure. There's nothing inherently wrong with liking that, though. I just expected much better, and hope for better this time around.

Reactions: eochaid and Seppo91
I agree with everything that DE4 said. I wouldalso add that SC is not a proof of maturity or evolution. The lack of complexity, the simple riffs and lyrics is what bands without decent skills do, not something that good musicians come after decades of career.

They made an effort trying to sell more albums and they failed.

Edit:

Evolution is what happened between TJR and CLayman, or RTR and STYE. We can also see how CC is an evolution from the clayman era. But what they did in RTR, SOAPF and SC was change. Nothing to do with evolution and nothing to do with the quality of the albums (just by the way, SC is the only album that I don't fully like).

Reactions: DE4life
I agree with everything that DE4 said. I wouldalso add that SC is not a proof of maturity or evolution. The lack of complexity, the simple riffs and lyrics is what bands without decent skills do, not something that good musicians come after decades of career.

They made an effort trying to sell more albums and they failed.

Edit:

Evolution is what happened between TJR and CLayman, or RTR and STYE. We can also see how CC is an evolution from the clayman era. But what they did in RTR, SOAPF and SC was change. Nothing to do with evolution and nothing to do with the quality of the albums (just by the way, SC is the only album that I don't fully like).

Yeah, I agree. I don't see SC as an evolution at all... it's just different, and I wouldn't consider it different in a good way. I don't see how something that is less complex and less interesting than previous albums can be considered an evolution.

Even Anders' own comments about having to rush lyrics and vocals suggest SC was under-developed. I don't think they'll make the same mistake twice, but at the same time I think the musical content will be quite similar. If the new album has more variety, then THAT could be considered an evolution from SC, at least.

Reactions: eochaid