IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

You know why this song beats anything off Siren Charms? You can hear an EFFORT. You can actually hear at the least, there was SOME passion and energy went into it.

I like it a lot. I'm okay with In Flames going a more simple and catchy route....

Some passion, energy...and songwriting. At least whole thing works as a song (solo excluded).

Simple and catchy is ok, but problem is IF were simple and catchy their whole career. For all the talk about change, exploring, experimenting... they always did play it safe and simple.

And when you go from simple and catchy to more simple and chorus based songs... you get material that is enjoyable but without long term value.

It's like with this this new song. Nice little song, it's fresh and I'll listen to it many, many times. When I hear it somewhere I will be like:"Oh cool, In Flames". But few months down the line, and few years later I can't see myself thinking: "Wow, The End is an epic song that means so much to me, I got to find it and play it."

So, it's really a sweet pop song with distorted guitars, lively beat and limited use.

Then again, there is just so much one band can give. IF has long passed its best and being important. I'll be content with them giving us decent albums of SOAPF calibre.

2lmjzdcc.jpg

I'm with you man. It may not be mind blowing, but compared to the shit that was churned out from the last album, I'll happily take this. The chorus on this one is a real earworm. I was actually reminded a little of Reroute to Remain (the album), with significantly better production and clean vocals. Look at tracks like Egonomic from that album - the chorus sounds like a fucking nursery rhyme, but it works. That's the kinda vibe I get from The End. The hardcore 90's crew will hate it, but as someone who appreciates modern In Flames I can dig it, even if it isn't on the same level as the shit they produced during the golden years.

Yes. Anything is better than Siren Charms.

I'm right with you about everything. I heard in my mind myself for a second, a reroute to remain vibe. I also got a vibe of Mirrors Truth chorus in the chorus... I think I just like choruses sometimes where there's mutiple voices in unison.

This is the best Anders clean voice (studio blah we know) since Where Dead Ships Dwell.

Like, this type of song is where Metal bands have to go. Music isn't bought anymore, sadly. I was 13 when I bought STYE in a store in 2004. The last time I would ever. I bought Come Clarity and Sounds Of A Playground of course, but most people don't online anymore. So, being Catchy and simple is what bands almost HAVE to do now. Siren Charms wasn't the way to do it, The End is. Written with purpose, with meaning and with actual EMOTION.

I don't know how the other songs will be...

But if they make songs like this...

In my mind a mix of Sounds Of A Playground + what Siren Charms SHOULD HAVE been(clean singing, catchy and more simple)

Then it's where In Flames is now and I'm okay with it. This song seems like real music and not the bland, uninspired "meh here have this" that Siren Charms was. Even if it wasn't supposed to be like that, that's what came out.

Last edited:
Reactions: DE4life
I like the fact that its more upbeat and vocals are much stronger than SC, even though i dont think Anders will be able to replicate the cleans live. Song is catchy and I like the melodies.

But:

-The song builds up well at the bridge where the children are singing, but then the solo completely destroys the build up - could have been very epic
-Solo is shit

I don't know if it was posted on IF facebook wall, but the second single "The Truth" will be out this friday.

(Btw, I think it already leaked)

link to leak please :D^^

Reactions: only4theweak187
Yeah but whene Jesper was in the band he used to help Writing solos and had more creative ideas. Bjorn isnt as talented as Jesper..

Man this album is gonna be a weird one. Both "The Truth" and "The End" are super catchy and simple. A lot of clean singing in both, and a general happy vibe which is odd coming fom an IF song. I don't know if I love em' but I don't hate them aswell.
It's like a mixture of Siren charms with A little bit of Sense of Purpose with some Bullet For My Valentine and Dead By April/Sonic Syndicate type of sound/singing. Not a very good thing imo.
I hope the other 13 songs are somewhat better.