IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I guess the trend towards streaming and Spotify suits In Flames as you can only download/buy songs you like off each album rather than buying the whole album and be concerned with the flow and inconsistency in tastes. I don't think thats a bad thing.

What I dont like is that the Truth is the lead single.Its the first thing most people will hear when they look for In Flame's new album or want to discover in Flames. And this song is basically pop so it gives people the wrong impression of In Flames.

I get what you're saying and agree, but for me the best way to listen to an album is from start to finish, so when a song like TCP is in the middle of an album it kinda ruins it for me. Clearly I'm just old school :cool:

But yeah, also agree that The Truth being the lead single for the album is a bad idea. The End would have been a much better choice as it's a simple but effective example of modern In Flames.

Only in studio man. Only in studio. And you can see how much production they have put to his voice on The Truth.

That is indeed a concern, especially since The Truth will most likely be a staple of their live performances, because obvious "sing-along chorus" :p If he can't do it properly live then it will be a problem for sure. But personally I'm not that concerned about the quality of the singing live, it gets mostly overpowered by the instruments anyway :p
So for me they can AutoTune all they want, as long as it sounds good in speakers/earhphones ^^

Reactions: eochaid
What I dont like is that the Truth is the lead single.Its the first thing most people will hear when they look for In Flame's new album or want to discover in Flames. And this song is basically pop so it gives people the wrong impression of In Flames.

Or maybe it doesn't We'll see when we listen to the full album.

Holy shit, eochaid is going in hard on Krofius :D

13.gif

Reactions: Seppo91 and eochaid
That is indeed a concern, especially since The Truth will most likely be a staple of their live performances, because obvious "sing-along chorus" :p If he can't do it properly live then it will be a problem for sure. But personally I'm not that concerned about the quality of the singing live, it gets mostly overpowered by the instruments anyway :p
So for me they can AutoTune all they want, as long as it sounds good in speakers/earhphones ^^

Yes, I can understand your reasons. I just hope that they don't play it acoustic.

I don't have a problem with studio productions as long as they're a reflection of the musicians real skills.

Last edited:
What he said about Rusted Nail

You can now hear the single Rusted Nail!

Going to listen to it now.

EDIT:
It's definitely a different song, very different, lol. I like it though, after 2 listens. The production is awesome also. Intro which we've already heard is great, and I love the pre-chorus riff.

What he says now

Melodies are on point. Nice mid-tempo song. 10 times better than Rusted Nail for sure.

Lets call it evolution, or that he is more mature now.

Lol, The truth is just...LOL
And yes, drums ARE programmed. Just like Fear Factory programmed drums on their Industrialist album from 2012. Cheap move.
I'm a drummer, i can tell. Anyone with any studio experience or drum playing should recognize this ugly, plastic drum machine sound.
2 really bad songs, over produced vocals, programmed drums.... how can you respect that lol
And forget about Niclas posting a pic of drum kit, he plays in Engel as well, remember?
And if i remember, that kit was located in sweden, IF recorded in LA so go figure....what a joke

Reactions: AtotheK and eochaid
I see your points. Problem with SC for me was, songs had no longetivity. I did like them in the beginning, but now I only regularly listen to Paralyzed and In Plain View pretty much. I might not like The Truth as much in a year, probably not.

And Eochaid the 10 times better was hyperbole for sure, but the first listening of The End was better than first listening of Rusted Nail. That's 2 years ago, long time mate. We'll see how the album shapes up, for me, first 2 songs released are better than Rusted Nail and Through Oblivion was when they were released. And Through Oblivion I remember had massive hate on it, The Truth not as much it seems.

Through Oblivion was weird, but in the same vein as Liberation, Come Clarity and Metaphor - stuff In Flames have done before, albeit infrequently.

The Truth is totally different. It's so far outside of In Flames' standard genre that, to me, it simply doesn't belong on an album branded with their name.

I see your points. Problem with SC for me was, songs had no longetivity. I did like them in the beginning, but now I only regularly listen to Paralyzed and In Plain View pretty much. I might not like The Truth as much in a year, probably not.

That was my point :p

And Eochaid the 10 times better was hyperbole for sure, but the first listening of The End was better than first listening of Rusted Nail. That's 2 years ago, long time mate. We'll see how the album shapes up, for me, first 2 songs released are better than Rusted Nail and Through Oblivion was when they were released. And Through Oblivion I remember had massive hate on it, The Truth not as much it seems.

I agree, The End is far better than Rusted Nail.

Yes, I don't know why The Truth has not that much hate on it. To me is a clear sign of a band selling themselves for the sake of being more popular, as a sign of decadence of a band that has nothing more to offer (I wish that the full album makes me eat these words), that doesn't have its own path anymore. Not that I want them to go back to melodeath, but I would like them to have their own seal, to be a tendency instead of following tendencies.

Reactions: Laverna
Through Oblivion was weird, but in the same vein as Liberation, Come Clarity and Metaphor - stuff In Flames have done before, albeit infrequently.

The Truth is totally different. It's so far outside of In Flames' standard genre that, to me, it simply doesn't belong on an album branded with their name.

But I like Metaphor, it has that 70s vibe on it.

But I like Metaphor, it has that 70s vibe on it.

I like Metaphor, Come Clarity and Liberation. All decent songs in their own way. Through Oblivion was - as with all SC songs - the extremely lazy version of that type of In Flames song.

The Truth is definitely another step into becoming just another band, instead of being The Band. There is nothing special, nothing moving, just boring generic stuff that feels ok.

In Flames are musical equivalent of Benjamin Button. Previous decade they were angsty 17 y.o. male teens, now they're going to be screaming 14 y.o. pop lovin' girls with all the energy and imagination of dudes waiting the first pension.

Reactions: eochaid and DE4life
I dislike Liberation and Metaphor, do not like the vocals or the songs at all, apart from the violin interlude in Metaphor. Worst is Liberation though, for sure. I love TCP and Come Clarity, Come Clarity easily best IF ''ballad'' for me. The solo is one of their best.

I dislike Liberation and Metaphor, do not like the vocals or the songs at all, apart from the violin interlude in Metaphor. Worst is Liberation though, for sure. I love TCP and Come Clarity, Come Clarity easily best IF ''ballad'' for me. The solo is one of their best.

Did Bjorn write that solo, or Jesper? It's worlds apart from what he does these days, which is just lazy and aimless.

Interestingly I've noticed a lot of the ASOP/SC fans have a bit of a downer on SOAPF. I like that this is the case, as it proves to me that SOAPF was different from the other recent shit they've put out, but at the same time it's hard to imagine somebody preferring a snoozefest like SC to a good album like SOAPF.

Anders sounds with the auto tune like 20 year old guy ...The End associated to pendulum style , Listen pendulum songs like crush or witchcraft they are ver similar..

Reactions: only4theweak187

Metaphor: I like it, it reminds me of 70s acoustic rock ballads (my favourites).
Liberation: lame and boring. But I like the ending guitar, it is good (my opinion) to close an album.
Come Clarity: it reminds me of Scorpions. Not best Anders vocals but a good song. The solo is also good.
TCP: something different. I don't like it or dislike it.