IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I was watching latest Tokyo live from Arch Enemy few days ago...

Another band with strong tendency to commercial music and recycling older material that went off the rails for a few albums.

Now, you take that live, and those two songs released from new IF dvd, and see the difference between live and dead metal band (though I do admit it's hard for Bjorn+another dude and whiny old bearded hipster fronting to top the awesomeness of older Amott brother and Jeff fucking Loomis supplemented with hot babe).

Riffs, energy, audible audience, headbanging, real guitar solos, melodies and harmonies that go on for a few minutes, actual moving band, front(wo)man that doesn't look like (s)he's about to cry, go to fetal position and die.

Remember when they released Where the Dead Ships Dwell single? They released bunch of remixes of the song. I was listening them today and one of them could be the new single of IF, very similar with The Truth.

And I love what Anders said about the remixes:
"I love collaborations like this and all the artists we worked with have done an awesome job. It's not meant to be taken dead serious and it's not how In Flames is gonna sound next, but I love it and I hope you'll enjoy a twist to the formula."

Reactions: eochaid
First of all, two songs, bitches! Told ya.

Second of all, my ultra-safe assumption that The Truth (aka the "we are we are song") will probably be the 2016 version of Scream was right. It's funny how NOW Scream is suddenly an OK song compared to this, lol. Sometimes you guys are sweating way too hard. If Anders would've done the vocals for The Truth CC-style (assuming he could, but this is besides the point now) you would still throw yourself against the wall.

As for rating the song... oh boy! This has got to be the pop-heaviest IF track up to date and while "this is just like Passenger" got thrown around a lot, this is the song where I'd agree it has some merit. I love the part where he sings "we are the truth that hurts the most cuz..." (I think that's what he says anyway), that's how I'd expect Anders to actually sing, it's much-much darker than his SC cleans. What can I say, it's a very simple song, which will be fun to listen to/sing live! I personally like it, just as I like Scream too, even if both are dumb as fuck. We have to see the final material to know if The Truth is the rule or the exception for that album.

Now, The End is actually much more interesting imo. I don't just mean it because it might be better, but while The Truth is "just" a modern Scream, The End is actually quite interesting. And I am speechless about the kid backing vocals. Out of fucking nowhere. I have to listen to that song some more, because I'm not sure how to feel about it exactly. It's fine, but time will tell if it will actually grow on me.

But what's more important, I can't fucking wait for this thread to explode into pieces coming this November! I could even say...
there will be...
... battles.

*walks away, humming we are, we areeeeee*

Remember when they released Where the Dead Ships Dwell single? They released bunch of remixes of the song. I was listening them today and one of them could be the new single of IF, very similar with The Truth.

And I love what Anders said about the remixes:
"I love collaborations like this and all the artists we worked with have done an awesome job. It's not meant to be taken dead serious and it's not how In Flames is gonna sound next, but I love it and I hope you'll enjoy a twist to the formula."

Sarcasm?

Scream is hardcore and the truth is pop. What the fuck do they have in common?
Scream follows the same mainstream pop song, lyrics and singing structure. Dumb as fuck. Just because the guys went more ham with their guitars instead of the snyths, and Anders (ha-ha!) screamed instead of... doing whatever he does these days, it's the same.

To present it better: Scream to Crawl Through Knives is what The Truth to... dunno, Rusted Nail, Fear Is The Weakness, etc. You get the point. Well, you should, anyway.

If you look at the Nuclear Blast article it says they planned on recording 11 songs but ended up with 15 thanks to the producer, I'm almost certain that The Truth is one of those ones that was influenced by the producer, so I don't think it's representative of the album. The End is more representative I would think. Either way I can't wait. I really want a proper music video for one of the two songs :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilias7 and AtotheK
Scream follows the same mainstream pop song, lyrics and singing structure. Dumb as fuck. Just because the guys went more ham with their guitars instead of the snyths, and Anders (ha-ha!) screamed instead of... doing whatever he does these days, it's the same.

To present it better: Scream to Crawl Through Knives is what The Truth to... dunno, Rusted Nail, Fear Is The Weakness, etc. You get the point. Well, you should, anyway.
What?

Do we do have 2 more titles. Turns out Battles is also a track, no surprise there.
And then we have "Through my eyes"

That confidence and palpable excitement is dripping all over Battles from the instantly infectious “take the power back”-anthem ‘The Truth’ to the jaw-dropping technical brutality of‘Through My Eyes’ and distinctive groove and climactic chorus of the album's title track.

Reactions: AtotheK
Same shit was said about ^when the world explodes and look what we got...

Same boring riff over and over in the song, dumb female chorus(a lot of great songs have had the girl guest) and the most randomly thrown in electronic sounds in IF history.

Can't trust reviews. They're promoters, biased.
Have to wait until we can hear the whole album

Reactions: eochaid
Same shit was said about ^when the world explodes and look what we got...

Same boring riff over and over in the song, dumb female chorus(a lot of great songs have had the girl guest) and the most randomly thrown in electronic sounds in IF history.

Can't trust reviews. They're promoters, biased.
Have to wait until we can hear the whole album

It's quite simple. If they make a bad review next time they're not given a copy of the album.

Final thoughts of the Truth.

Should've been a bonus track.

Wasted nice solo that could've been used in a deeper song or whatever.

Ridiculous that it's a lead single. No other songs that are good "heavy" music that can represent better?

I guess Through Oblivion being a single is the same thing, except there wasn't anything better to hear after. Hopefully it's different this time and just a similar dumb label thing or whatever.

Reactions: eochaid and AtotheK
One thing about The End...

Maybe it's just me, but I like when songs end like Cloud Connected. Main riff opens AND closes the song.

I wish The End would've ended with the main riff from the beginning of the song... Instead of just ending after a repeat of the chorus for the final time.

Someone should edit that nicely :p

Reactions: AtotheK and eochaid
One thing about The End...

Maybe it's just me, but I like when songs end like Cloud Connected. Main riff opens AND closes the song.

I wish The End would've ended with the main riff from the beginning of the song... Instead of just ending after a repeat of the chorus for the final time.

Someone should edit that nicely :p

Yeah would have been nice, but it is still an awesome track

After some more listening, I have to say, The Truth is not that bad actually. Not to mention it's going to be a two times better live song, than Paralyzed for example. The only thing that sucks major ass is that forced part around 2:26, I have no idea why did they have to fuck it up there. But the solo is great and I am yet to understand what this "random solo" circlejerk means. Stop sweating so fucking much, you are like a bunch of whiny bitches. I understand you are afraid the whole album will sound like this, but
a.) we don't know it yet, and The End sounds different enough to assume the opposite of this is true
b.) don't channel all your hate and assumed disappointment onto The Truth

I mean, 80% of the salt here is funny and witty at least, so I'm not complaining too much, I liked the Eurovision burn the best so far, but there are already signs that two days from now you guys will run out of good ideas. [JUST LIKE IN FLAMES DID 16 YEARS AGO, HAH!!!]