IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Paralyzed is the worst IF song .. only solo is good but rest i dont know.. without sense and style

I mean, 80% of the salt here is funny and witty at least, so I'm not complaining too much, I liked the Eurovision burn the best so far, but there are already signs that two days from now you guys will run out of good ideas. [JUST LIKE IN FLAMES DID 16 YEARS AGO, HAH!!!]

You play the devils advocate like it's your job.

Everyone here saying it sucks is plainly saying it sucks. There's no ignorant bullshit, mindless hating here.

I don't know why you respond to the idiotic, short, dismissive comments that idiots on facebook write, here.

We aren't them. We provide details and logical arguments.

Reactions: Seppo91 and eochaid
After some more listening, I have to say, The Truth is not that bad actually. Not to mention it's going to be a two times better live song, than Paralyzed for example. The only thing that sucks major ass is that forced part around 2:26, I have no idea why did they have to fuck it up there. But the solo is great and I am yet to understand what this "random solo" circlejerk means. Stop sweating so fucking much, you are like a bunch of whiny bitches. I understand you are afraid the whole album will sound like this, but
a.) we don't know it yet, and The End sounds different enough to assume the opposite of this is true
b.) don't channel all your hate and assumed disappointment onto The Truth

I mean, 80% of the salt here is funny and witty at least, so I'm not complaining too much, I liked the Eurovision burn the best so far, but there are already signs that two days from now you guys will run out of good ideas. [JUST LIKE IN FLAMES DID 16 YEARS AGO, HAH!!!]

You crack me up man XD I agree with you about The Truth

Everyone here saying it sucks is plainly saying it sucks. There's no ignorant bullshit, mindless hating here.

I don't know why you respond to the idiotic, short, dismissive comments that idiots on facebook write, here.

I did not say you are senseless. I said you are over-dramatizing that song. Hence why I said the most idiotic thing I read is calling a solo random. Like, it hurts some people there's an actual good solo in that song, so they have to devaluate somehow, so let's just call it random somehow, like solos can be random. That's trying WAAAY too hard imo.

Paralyzed is the worst IF song .. only solo is good but rest i dont know.. without sense and style
I have a similar opinion towards that song, but it's still among the very few songs from SC that even some of the biggest SC haters are willing to call at least "not that fucking shit" or sth. My point was that The Truth in context of the current In Flames is in no shape or form worse than Scream was back in the CC-era.

You crack me up man XD I agree with you about The Truth
Haha, you are in for a treat this November! Though, for once, I'd be curious how would an IF record go down where me and the tough cookies here are on the same opinion, and would only argue about which are the best songs on the album, haha. It's still a possibility though, I mean, The End is rather well-received among all of us, but I have to re-read this thread, I've been away for many days.

Last edited:
I'm so hyped for the album. I love the cover art, it looks amazing and unique. The hands on it look similar to the hand that is one the Siren Charms cover, which is a nice touch. Its the same artist too, which is good for continuity's sake. Looking forward to the new merch, I think I can just about justify buying a fifth In Flames t-shirt...

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
Yeah agree with that. I just can't get into this song, chorus is not catchy at all.

I'm so hyped for the album. I love the cover art, it looks amazing and unique. The hands on it look similar to the hand that is one the Siren Charms cover, which is a nice touch. Its the same artist too, which is good for continuity's sake. Looking forward to the new merch, I think I can just about justify buying a fifth In Flames t-shirt...

Well I was hyped for the album until The Truth. It's just bad. They can try out new "metal and rock" areas but this isnt even a rock song. Too bad. I hope it'll be the only weird song on the album. But on the other hand I liked cover art and looking forward to buy new merchs.

Reactions: eochaid
After spending the whole day listening to the End and the Truth on repeat while doing other things, I got to say that Truth grew on me. I mean, at first I was skeptical, but now I find the chorus catchy and the whole idea interesting. Sure it's different and weird for In Flames,but I'm fine with it. I'm sure there will be heavier songs on the record. Maybe it was a wrong decision releasing this song as a leading single. I read a lot of hate-comments on facebook and youtube. Anyway, I enjoyed both new songs in different ways and I'm looking forward to a decent music video and more tracks from the album!!

I'm kinda disappointed. I expected him to say that The Truth was the best IF song ever. Two letdowns in two days.

Last edited:
I walked back from town drunk as fuck (still am) and had The End on the whole time... and fuck, I loved it. Maybe my brain is fucked up but whatever, I'm a fan. The Truth can suck a giant dick, but The End, I have time for that shit. Now I'm going to sleep, and will no doubt wake up with a fucking hangover.

Reactions: eochaid
I walked back from town drunk as fuck (still am) and had The End on the whole time... and fuck, I loved it. Maybe my brain is fucked up but whatever, I'm a fan. The Truth can suck a giant dick, but The End, I have time for that shit. Now I'm going to sleep, and will no doubt wake up with a fucking hangover.
Hah! I was listening to The Truth coming home while drunk before posting here again! Since then I listened to The End some more times, and yaaaay, it is growing on me all right!

And overall, it's hypey as fuck how interesting this new record and its reception is turning out to be!

Hah! I was listening to The Truth coming home while drunk before posting here again! Since then I listened to The End some more times, and yaaaay, it is growing on me all right!

And overall, it's hypey as fuck how interesting this new record and its reception is turning out to be!
Are you really totally sure that you're not a girl? :cool:

It's good because it just sounds like a quality song made with some effort. Good lyrical theme and overall a nice mix of ingredients. Screams, lead guitar riffs/melodies and the energy altogether is really good versus anything in Siren charms... Which it lacked all of.

Hopefully the rest of the album is like that. Whatever one would call the type of metal, songwriting and theme style The End is, I hope the rest of the songs are like that.

The Truth is embarassing.

Reactions: eochaid and DE4life
Well... After hundreds of plays on repeat I gotta say that it get's better. The End is not a bad song at all. The only problems I have with it, is the fact that there is no drummer. And these computerized beats ruin the song for me. The Truth get's better too. But still, The electronic beginning and the part that comes at 2:26 are so bad and forced. this song could have been much better withought this pop/disco stuff.

I don't like the first verse that much on The Truth. Second verse is pretty cool, I like the electronics in the background, and chorus in the song is good. Cheesy but catchy. Solo also good. It just sounds a bit weird at times. Still think it's a decent song. The End is a great song at the moment for me.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Are you really totally sure that you're not a girl? :cool:
I'm gender-fluid! Nah, I'm just excited. SOAPF was boring as fuck, and while I liked SC, no one can say it did anything revolutionary. But these two tracks are already experimental enough to look forward to what comes next! And this was my only wish for the next IF album: make some radical changes again, even if I won't like the end product. I don't want [insert any IF album except R2R here] number two. SOAPF and SC were already like two different takes on ASOP, yet ASOP is still closer to my heart.
Well... After hundreds of plays on repeat I gotta say that it get's better. The End is not a bad song at all. The only problems I have with it, is the fact that there is no drummer. And these computerized beats ruin the song for me. The Truth get's better too. But still, The electronic beginning and the part that comes at 2:26 are so bad and forced. this song could have been much better withought this pop/disco stuff.
Wait, those are not real drums in the songs?! It did not sound that artificial for me.

I don't like the first verse that much on The Truth. Second verse is pretty cool, I like the electronics in the background, and chorus in the song is good. Cheesy but catchy. Solo also good. It just sounds a bit weird at times. Still think it's a decent song. The End is a great song at the moment for me.
It's also a safe guess that it might be a staple in the album promo shows, and it will be a killer. Anders and co. always said how Paralyzed s like the perfect live track, which I never understood, because The Truth is the 101 of how to make a crowd-pleasing song.

But what do you think about the 2:26 part? It feels extremely out of place for me. I'd give the track a 7 or an 8, but that part makes it hard for me.

Wait, those are not real drums in the songs?! It did not sound that artificial for me.
Sadly they aren't. My guess would be that Bjorn is responsible. I think he wrote the drum parts. (Or maybe the producer? idk)
And as we all know they don't have a drummer yet, so they rushed it and did this stupid mistake. And that's my main fear about this album.