IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

No, it's complaining because usually bands record their albums with real musicians playing real instruments. If the drums have been programmed then that's not "real". Can't you see the difference?
I see the problem from a matter of principle standpoint, but I never felt the "soul" in the drums of the majority of IF songs. There are loads of bands out there with great drummings, I recently saw Slayer live for example, and I was in awe listening to Paul Bostaph, hell, even Daniel's drumming was cool live, but I can count on hand hand how many IF songs are out there where I dig the drums more, or at least just as much as the vocals, guitars and melodies.

In my book, it doesn't matter if you hire a guy (any guy) for some basic drumming, or do it with machinery, where only people who actually drum themselves can recognize that it's artificial. It's also not that hard to make groovy drum beats, which moves your body, probably the easiest instrument besides bass to get groovy with.

I see the problem from a matter of principle standpoint, but I never felt the "soul" in the drums of the majority of IF songs. There are loads of bands out there with great drummings, I recently saw Slayer live for example, and I was in awe listening to Paul Bostaph, hell, even Daniel's drumming was cool live, but I can count on hand hand how many IF songs are out there where I dig the drums more, or at least just as much as the vocals, guitars and melodies.

In my book, it doesn't matter if you hire a guy (any guy) for some basic drumming, or do it with machinery, where only people who actually drum themselves can recognize that it's artificial. It's also not that hard to make groovy drum beats, which moves your body, probably the easiest instrument besides bass to get groovy with.
Even if that is right, it's still wrong (to me at least). Next step is to substitute Peter and Niclas for programming and be a band of two, Bjorn and Anders playing live with pre-recorded drums, bass and rythm guitars. This is the way that I see music. If drums are programmed then that's cheating. That's not metal. That's ok for Pitbull or David Guetta.

Reactions: AtotheK
To call people complainers because they'd expect real drumming...

Then, to say Sounds Of a Playground is boring just before saying you liked Siren Charms = Slave needs to be on the pay no mind list.

Reactions: eochaid
Meh, they don't give drummer the space to do anything of note anyway.

To call people complainers because they'd expect real drumming...

Then, to say Sounds Of a Playground is boring just before saying you liked Siren Charms = Slave needs to be on the pay no mind list.
Oooh, why did this band which never gave a shit about drumming in the first place does not have real drums now?? How am I going to enjoy the songs now, despite it sounds the same?!

Oooh, you like SC and think SOAPF is boring, but I have the exact opposite view, so obviously you are stupid and I am right!!!

Come the fuck on, dude. Eoachaid's last post was decent, I agree to disagree with him, but you are still just whining and categorizing. News flash: yes, SOAPF was not a big deal. I mean, you question me? I question you!!!!!!

Oooh, why did this band which never gave a shit about drumming in the first place does not have real drums now??
Well, real drummers will tell you that their drums were very good. But, in the end is not about the quallity but what's behind the music. If they start using software to replace real people playing real instruments... well, that just doesn't sound right to me, even if the musician replaced has not great skills. I think that the drums from CC and ASOP were very good and noticeable.

And don't forgive that they also give a shit about bass.:p

Sumarizing. Metal is about real musicians playing their instruments, even if they're not high skilled musicians.

Edit: This is one of the things why I'm annoyed at Anders supossed imrovement at studio. It feels dishonest (to me).

Reactions: AtotheK
Oooh, why did this band which never gave a shit about drumming in the first place does not have real drums now?? How am I going to enjoy the songs now, despite it sounds the same?!

Oooh, you like SC and think SOAPF is boring, but I have the exact opposite view, so obviously you are stupid and I am right!!!

Come the fuck on, dude. Eoachaid's last post was decent, I agree to disagree with him, but you are still just whining and categorizing. News flash: yes, SOAPF was not a big deal. I mean, you question me? I question you!!!!!!

I think I'd be more worried if you did like SOAPF, to be fair.

You're doing Daniel a bit of a disservice imo. In later albums he's been marginalised, sure, as In Flames has basically become the Anders & Bjorn project feat. others, but there was some great drumming in a lot of the songs up until Come Clarity. I'm guessing part of the reason he's left is because he feels underutilised in recent times.

Well, real drummers will tell you that their drums were very good. But, in the end is not about the quallity but what's behind the music. If they start using software to replace real people playing real instruments... well, that just doesn't sound right to me, even if the musician replaced has not great skills. I think that the drums from CC and ASOP were very good and noticeable.

And don't forgive that they also give a shit about bass.:p

Sumarizing. Metal is about real musicians playing their instruments, even if they're not high skilled musicians.

Edit: This is one of the things why I'm annoyed at Anders supossed imrovement at studio. It feels dishonest (to me).
I see your concern, but first of all, before Anders gets all the hate (again...), it's not like Daniel's departure was his idea. Remember SOAPF? Niclas was already a member, but he did not do any studio work, Björn did all the guitars if I'm right. They probably went with Björn programming the drums this time, instead of starting to jam with a brand new member. You don't necessarily have to foresee the apocalypse here. Yes, I agree that if in 2400 In Flames will consist of Cyborg Anders alone, programming everything himself, that's a huge no-no, but we are far from that.

And honestly, do you think you would've noticed it in all of their songs if you weren't told they are programmed? If the drums are doing their job (supporting the guitars and vocals) just fine, then most of us would not even recognize it's "fake". But there's Through Oblivion for example. The drums are mixed soooooo low in the album version, I was shocked when I heard the drums live, I thought Daniel was just going off, but no, later at home I listened to the song again, and to my surprise, it had the exact same drumming, you could just barely recognize it because it was so muddy and low.

Overall, drums got the short end of the straw most of the time in IF, but I rarely if ever seen you guys complain about it. In my opinion it was even worse before Daniel arrived. It just seems comical to me, that you taste a soup, think it's fine, but after you are told half of the ingredients are not actual vegetables from the field, you change your opinion and think it's disgusting. In a way, it's beautiful we live in a world, where technology is so advanced that programmed drums doesn't sound like something from an old Nintendo game. And I don't think your fear is justified at all. You can program bass, drums, electric guitars, but one thing will never change: if you want the best, you will need real people, real, talented people. If you are in an industrial band you can distort a guitar sound into a million other sounds and make 10 layers of it all right. If you are In Flames, you need handsome Swedish guys to go to town on their guitars to produce those fancy melodies. But in terms of drums, for In Flames, it's extremely far from crucial. Yes, RARELY they used the talents of Daniel, but that's it. Most of the time they fucked the drums in the ass during mixing. CC is by far one of the best IF record for drum-lovers, because at least there you can actually hear them.

I think I'd be more worried if you did like SOAPF, to be fair.

You're doing Daniel a bit of a disservice imo. In later albums he's been marginalised, sure, as In Flames has basically become the Anders & Bjorn project feat. others, but there was some great drumming in a lot of the songs up until Come Clarity. I'm guessing part of the reason he's left is because he feels underutilised in recent times.
I am not saying I don't like it, I accepted it for what it is, because - thanks to you guys - I listened to it a bunch more and I had to agree that it's a decent record, but that's it. The amount of dick-sucking it gets is beyond me. I'm fairly convinced most of the hype about SOAPF is because you hated ASOP, so you treated SOAPF as an oasis in the desert. I don't want to compare it to SC, because I never claimed it to be an interesting album either, but to me, it doesn't even come close to ASOP. Though, to be honest, it's not an enviable position to be an album following Come Clarity, because one way or another, you are bound to fail.

The only reason I still have Colony (song) and Square Nothing on my mp4 is probably Daniel's drumming, but I like it on Superhero and Borders & Shading too (to not mention the obvious ones, like Crawl Through Knives). But yes, after the last few records, I don't think we will see much difference in drum-quality in the upcoming songs. They will hit their mark, they will follow the beat, they will remain in the background. If Anders and co. will kill their part, people will like the record, if not, then not. Drums, in that case, will be irrelevant.

Have to be honest and say I didn't notice the drums being programmed either. It doesn't especially bother me - I'm not expecting genuine quality out of In Flames. That ship sailed years ago.

SOAPF is no Jester Race, Whoracle, Colony or Clayman. It's just the best of modern In Flames, imo. ASOP would have been okay if it wasn't for the lyrics, vocals and production. SOAPF fixed most of that for me, which is why I dig it.

News flash: yes, SOAPF was not a big deal. I mean, you question me? I question you!!!!!!

SOAPF was the real deal man. I defended SC with you but I strongly disagree with this. The guitar work was flawless, catchy choruses, awesome solos etc. you cant just ignore those. The album was what modern IF should sound like, they wanted to show that without Jesper they can still do something and they did. The shittiest song on the album is The Puzzle for me and that song would shine on SC for sure.

I see your concern, but first of all, before Anders gets all the hate (again...), it's not like Daniel's departure was his idea. Remember SOAPF? Niclas was already a member, but he did not do any studio work, Björn did all the guitars if I'm right. They probably went with Björn programming the drums this time, instead of starting to jam with a brand new member. You don't necessarily have to foresee the apocalypse here. Yes, I agree that if in 2400 In Flames will consist of Cyborg Anders alone, programming everything himself, that's a huge no-no, but we are far from that.

And honestly, do you think you would've noticed it in all of their songs if you weren't told they are programmed? If the drums are doing their job (supporting the guitars and vocals) just fine, then most of us would not even recognize it's "fake". But there's Through Oblivion for example. The drums are mixed soooooo low in the album version, I was shocked when I heard the drums live, I thought Daniel was just going off, but no, later at home I listened to the song again, and to my surprise, it had the exact same drumming, you could just barely recognize it because it was so muddy and low.

Overall, drums got the short end of the straw most of the time in IF, but I rarely if ever seen you guys complain about it. In my opinion it was even worse before Daniel arrived. It just seems comical to me, that you taste a soup, think it's fine, but after you are told half of the ingredients are not actual vegetables from the field, you change your opinion and think it's disgusting. In a way, it's beautiful we live in a world, where technology is so advanced that programmed drums doesn't sound like something from an old Nintendo game. And I don't think your fear is justified at all. You can program bass, drums, electric guitars, but one thing will never change: if you want the best, you will need real people, real, talented people. If you are in an industrial band you can distort a guitar sound into a million other sounds and make 10 layers of it all right. If you are In Flames, you need handsome Swedish guys to go to town on their guitars to produce those fancy melodies. But in terms of drums, for In Flames, it's extremely far from crucial. Yes, RARELY they used the talents of Daniel, but that's it. Most of the time they fucked the drums in the ass during mixing. CC is by far one of the best IF record for drum-lovers, because at least there you can actually hear them.
Don't worry. If Daniel left the band is because he wanted to, nothing else.
They could have hired a drummer for the recording sessions (in case that the drums have been programmed, something still to be confirmed). If I'm not mistaken, a few years ago Daniel had to leave the tour for a while due to some personal reasons (I think it was during STYE or CC tour). Basically the same issue.
Cyborg Anders. I must give thanks that I'll be death before I see that happening.
Obviously I shouldn't have noticed, and I didn't noticed. But that does not change the fact that I know. What would happen if someone leaks that Anders is not singing his clean parts at studio, that some software makes it? THe fact that we did not noticed would change anything? No. That would still be cheating. Of course, programming drums is not really cheating, but it feels like this (to me).
I told you, it's not about the quality, it's about... being honest. I don't care if their drums aren't the best, I just care about musicians being honest about their work.
In CC you can hear the drums and they are pretty good. :cool:

Have to be honest and say I didn't notice the drums being programmed either. It doesn't especially bother me - I'm not expecting genuine quality out of In Flames. That ship sailed years ago.

SOAPF is no Jester Race, Whoracle, Colony or Clayman. It's just the best of modern In Flames, imo. ASOP would have been okay if it wasn't for the lyrics, vocals and production. SOAPF fixed most of that for me, which is why I dig it.
The higher the volume when I listen to ASOP the more I enjoy it.:p

SOAPF was the real deal man. I defended SC with you but I strongly disagree with this. The guitar work was flawless, catchy choruses, awesome solos etc. you cant just ignore those. The album was what modern IF should sound like, they wanted to show that without Jesper they can still do something and they did. The shittiest song on the album is The Puzzle for me and that song would shine on SC for sure.
Bjorn did a big effort. One thing that I enjoy, because of the guitar work (though is very simple), is The Attick. It has that cool 70's vibe. But anyone can apreciate the effort that he made, specially in the solos.

ASOP is very emotional album .. lirycs are not bad , melodies are brilliant and original i dont why people dont like it.. going back to SOAPF, this album is amazing too . Have deep atmosphere, riffs are aggressive . Jesters Door have ,, Jesper soul" how it sounds. One of my favourite is Fear is the Weakness and A NEW Dawn. SC havent got this aspects , as i said boring ,predictable.. making me sleepy:(

Reactions: only4theweak187
ASOP is very emotional album .. lirycs are not bad , melodies are brilliant and original i dont why people dont like it.. going back to SOAPF, this album is amazing too . Have deep atmosphere, riffs are aggressive . Jesters Door have ,, Jesper soul" how it sounds. One of my favourite is Fear is the Weakness and A NEW Dawn. SC havent got this aspects , as i said boring ,predictable.. making me sleepy:(
Read De4's comment.

Yeah, but it lacked atmosphere for me. It was like a collection of good and bad songs, without anything to tie them together. I just love the whole concept of R2R and ASOP, it feels personal, and it does give more depth to the songs. And there are so many great stuff on ASOP too, musically, which are dismissed so easily. I just popped in Drenched In Fear, a track barely seeing any discussion, and that solo still gives me goosebumps. It's dark, it's heavy, I like it!

I think SOAPF is just too mature for me. 25 years from now, when I'll be 50, I might rate it as high as you guys do, seeing the beauty in a perfectly polished gem, but right now, rawer and more experimental stuff like ASOP just blows it out from the water. It has that energy to it! Alternatively, the record is just as whiny and emotional as me, but that's a way less cooler explanation for my taste, isn't it now?!

I don't care if the drums are programmed. My only gripe is thst the cymbals are too quiet in the mix. And anyway, for all we know (Niclas sharing a pic of a drum kit, no word about rhe drumming) it could just be over produced. It's not like In flames has had poor production in the past (muddy guitars on r2r, too much compression on Siren charms etc etc)