IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Never watched clannad. Is it worth the pain?
I think Angel Beats is easier to stomach. It's around 13 episodes long, it has a unique humor (people can't die there, because they are already dead, so it results in a lot of funnily grim situations), good pacing (Clannad can't compete there, it has two 20+ episode seasons, there are obviously slower periods), decent drama (I cried about 2-3 times) and a somewhat satisfactory ending.

Clannad's first season is very light-hearted, I mean, it's about children in middle school, there are a lot of dorky humor. It's a good anime, but I would lie if I called it groundbreaking or such. However, it would be a shame to miss out on the second season, Clannad: After Story which is just absolutely gut-wrenching. Even though there's a spiritual element throughout the story, After Story is the definition of too real for me. Everyone is grown up, struggling with everyday life. Making a living, keeping a family together, suffering from daddy and/or mommy issues, barely meeting with your best friends. Then of course, if everyday life were not enough, bad things start to happen. Now, I won't spoil anything, but let me say this: I teared up a lot on movies, tv series, even on some songs, so nothing new, basically I cried almost at least once during every episode (though there's a reason for that: I started watching the anime after I randomly ran into major spoilers on youtube), but it was the first (and I think last) time it fucking crushed me! Like, nose running and shit, it was rather embarassing. I'm glad my mother did not ask me why are there always paper tissues on my desk, because I'd sooner said they were for jerking off, then to admit I just can't hold it while watching a "cartoon", haha.

tl;dr: Yes, but you have to watch Clannad's first season, and you might be not over the top for it, but it's definitely worth it for Clannad After Story. But if I were you, I'd start with Angel Beats, probably my favorite drama anime all things considered.

Reactions: eochaid
Clannad: After Story is better than Clannad, but you really have to watch both together to get the full impact. It's probably my favourite anime, and I've watched quite a lot over the years.

I watched Angel Beats expecting to be blown away, but I wasn't. It was alright, but so short it was difficult to connect with the characters before it was already over. A really good concept that wasn't given enough time.

Well, my favourite drama so far is Honey & Clover. If this is something near then it's going to be good. Though I must say that I'm not too much into (anime) drama. If this is not about a bunch of girls falling in love with a boy for no reason then I'm OK.

If you both like drama try Orange. It's still on air but, what I've seen so far, is pretty good.

Guys. ..and girls!. How do you want the new if album to be like. The ideal sound?
Let me answer in the name of the girls :p. I would like it to be varied, with different sound structures, acoustic parts, moving verses and riffs and new riffs. Since I won't get what I want I'm ok if they just release songs that are OK.

Well, my favourite drama so far is Honey & Clover. If this is something near then it's going to be good. Though I must say that I'm not too much into (anime) drama. If this is not about a bunch of girls falling in love with a boy for no reason then I'm OK.

If you both like drama try Orange. It's still on air but, what I've seen so far, is pretty good.

Nah, it's not a harem anime. There are some vague elements of that in Clannad, but none at all in After Story. I'm not usually into drama/slice-of-life anime either, but this one... yeah, there was something very genuine about it. IMV After Story in particular transcends anime as a genre and just becomes a truly incredible piece of art that can have a real emotional impact.

Guys. ..and girls!. How do you want the new if album to be like. The ideal sound?

If it sounds like SOAPF then that is good enough for me. I really can't expect anything more than that as I don't believe the band is capable of anything better.

If songs sound like The End, mostly, then I'll be satisfied.

It at least had a good lead-in guitar melody, better screams than Siren Charms and the cleans actually sound strong.

"The Chase" and "The End" are the best songs In Flames have put out since Sounds Of a Playground.

Hopefully the album is of that caliber.

Let me answer in the name of the girls :p. I would like it to be varied, with different sound structures, acoustic parts, moving verses and riffs and new riffs. Since I won't get what I want I'm ok if they just release songs that are OK.
Yeah i want the same. Lets just hope for the best :) no more songs like the truth then im happy :rofl:.
Btw. Anybody here from Sweden?

Well, Clannad is basically about 3 saga. The first is about a little (but just as old as the main characters) girl and the mystery around the weird things that surround her. The second is about an extremely smart and talented, but shy girl, and unveiling her secret past and trying her to be the part of the group. The third saga is when the love plot which is hinted throughout all previous two saga, though it remains in the background, but this time it gets the main stage. Don't worry, they won't go over the top with love drama, there is not actual drama involved, like having numerous girl interests or so. Also, if you hate the "I love you! Please, don't love me back!"-type of storytelling, I suggest you skip the OVAs.
Anyway, it's not as bad as it sounds, basically there's a group of friends who solve all these mysteries while goofing around, and eventually crying a lot. The most heart-breaking is probably the first saga, I'm already tearing up just by thinking about the final scenes of it, but the third one is the most important in terms of After Story.

Now, After Story is also about sagas. One of them is a highly spiritual one, which will explain some things later on, but overall, it did not leave a strong mark on me. It's average. The second one is much more interesting, and I think it also involves the main characters as side characters, but I like the climax of that saga, that is pretty powerful. But the main reason After Story is regarded so highly is because of the second part of the season, when it's about the (by now, because the group is separated by work and such) two main characters. And this is why it's important to watch Clannad. To use a not spoilery example: the main male character, Tomoya has a best friend, Sunohara, and during Clannad they are at each other's throat all the time, but they love each other. They are going through a bunch of silly stuff together, like, Sunohara is beaten by girls every two episodes or so. Childish things, but by After Story, the contrast of real life just makes these memories all the bitter. They can barely even meet, they are both trying to make a living in their shitty jobs. It's like everything and everyone withered away. They share extremely few screen time together, but obviously, those are rather powerful, and those who saw the anime, know the exact scene I would link here now (football pitch).

Also, there is an overarching storyline that begins in Clannad, and takes place in an unknown place and time. There is a little girl in a room, all alone, and talks about strange things. She doesn't know how she is, why is she there, or if there are anyone else there besides her. Needless to say, it's a cool part of the story, but progresses extremely slow.

If it sounds like SOAPF then that is good enough for me. I really can't expect anything more than that as I don't believe the band is capable of anything better.
Based on the two singles, it seems rather unlikely it will sound anything like SOAPF.

I was listening Condemned from ASOP today. Man that song would be legendary if Anders used his vocals like on CC. I actually like every song from ASOP music vise. It had so much potential.

Reactions: eochaid and DE4life
I was listening Condemned from ASOP today. Man that song would be legendary if Anders used his vocals like on CC. I actually like every song from ASOP music vise. It had so much potential.

Condemned is probably my favourite song off ASOP. It hasn't got much competition admittedly but still, a lot of potential. It would have been great on SOAPF with upgraded production and vocals.

Reactions: only4theweak187
Condemned is probably my favourite song off ASOP. It hasn't got much competition admittedly but still, a lot of potential. It would have been great on SOAPF with upgraded production and vocals.

What about a SOAPF upgrade to Bottled? Would you hate that anyway? lol

My favourite from ASOP are disconnected- amazing lirycs according to our society, The mirror's truth - showing brutal reality , I am the highway..typical skateboarding song :D and March to the Shore - dark , anxious lirycs and amazing melodies