IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Agree, releasing the Truth as a single is a really bad idea marketing wise. Its an ok pop song and should be recognised as part of In Flames experimental side rather than being the face of the new album.
I don't think so. It only annoys the metalheads. The new generations that were rised into new genres seem to be OK with this type of songs, as far as I have read on their Facebook page.

I don't think so. It only annoys the metalheads. The new generations that were rised into new genres seem to be OK with this type of songs, as far as I have read on their Facebook page.

I think the Truth is a step too far even for the majority if their new fanbase. I dont mind it being in the album somewhere towards the end but it shouldnt be a single.

A88's youtube view statistics proves my point. The End has been viewed more times and has more likes than the Truth. The truth has shitloads of dislikes. In flames wont win any new fans by releasing the Truth as a single. They'll just kill off the hype. There are so many other pop metal bands that do better pop type songs.

Again, i still think its a good song. But it shouldnt be the new single.

Reactions: only4theweak187
About The Truth I think it's a concept together with The End considering the single is called "The End/The Truth". But The End is still lead single, it came first. But there probably is gonna come a music video with another song in September sometime as well.

I think the Truth is a step too far even for the majority if their new fanbase. I dont mind it being in the album somewhere towards the end but it shouldnt be a single.

A88's youtube view statistics proves my point. The End has been viewed more times and has more likes than the Truth. The truth has shitloads of dislikes. In flames wont win any new fans by releasing the Truth as a single. They'll just kill off the hype. There are so many other pop metal bands that do better pop type songs.

Again, i still think its a good song. But it shouldnt be the new single.
That's not my perception from the reactions on their page, but I might be wrong.

Edit: been reading their fb page and it looks like I was wrong (good). Still I don't understand people saying that they will like everything that they will release. It sounds like brainwashing. The if we trust motto has done bad enough to people's minds.

Last edited:
The Truth should've been a bonus track.

Still curious as to what the other songs will sound like.

The Truth is an anthem-ish high energy weird synthy thing.

The End is whatever you'd like to call it. Really. Hard to narrow down what type of metal song I'd call it, but, a lot of newer bands are making songs like it these days

Reactions: eochaid
The Truth should've been a bonus track.

Still curious as to what the other songs will sound like.

The Truth is an anthem-ish high energy weird synthy thing.

The End is whatever you'd like to call it. Really. Hard to narrow down what type of metal song I'd call it, but, a lot of newer bands are making songs like it these days

Nowadays In Flames seem to save their best songs for bonus tracks.

ASOP: Tilt & Abnegation are awesome, but are EP-only/bonus tracks.

SOAPF: I don't think actually has any bonus tracks... unless you count the Deliver Us instrumental on the Japanese release. I'm surprised they didn't put Fear is the Weakness and A New Dawn as the bonus tracks to be honest.

SC: Become the Sky and The Chase - I actually really like both of these. They're the only SC songs I like and the only ones on my mp3 player.

So, yeah... if this album has bonus tracks expect them to be great.

As an aside, I didn't realise SC only had a score of 52/100 on metacritic... fuck :D

Like I said before,

The Chase & The End are the best two songs they've out out since 2011.

Become The Sky's chorus stinks. Singing is weirdly high pitched and yuck for how "serious" the guitar riffing is in the beginning.

I dig Become the Sky... not sure why. Maybe because the rest of SC is so awful, it's nice to hear a song with some actual fucking energy. It's far from their best song but passable as far as that album is concerned.

That much? This sucks. I think that the user's score is far better.

I expected a higher score tbh. Considering it was released by Sony I expected most reviewers to be sucking dat dick... but nope. SOAPF is significantly better with 68/100, and that was released on good old Century Media.

I dig Become the Sky... not sure why. Maybe because the rest of SC is so awful, it's nice to hear a song with some actual fucking energy. It's far from their best song but passable as far as that album is concerned.

I expected a higher score tbh. Considering it was released by Sony I expected most reviewers to be sucking dat dick... but nope. SOAPF is significantly better with 68/100, and that was released on good old Century Media.
Maybe that's a proof of how irrelevant was that album.

Any Filtered Truth lovers here? Best song from the SC. (Including bonus tracks) Gives the old IF vibe from time to time.

After two years that's one of the songs from sc that I can listen at. Just an OK song.

Really cool lyric video to The End in my opinion. And yeah, lyrics almost correct :p By the way listened to Bottled today for the first time in a long while, I actually quite enjoy it. It's only the chorus I feel is a bit weird and boring.

Reactions: Ilias7
Any Filtered Truth lovers here like me? Best song from the SC. (Including bonus tracks) Gives the old IF vibe from time to time.

Yeah it's one of the songs on that album that has some energy. It's somewhat wasted potential though, as the verses (especially the second) are too short, and the 'main riff' is only used twice I believe, after thr intro and after thr first chorus, and even then it's only for a couple of bars. Good tune, but one that with more time put into developing it, could have been amazeballs

I saw them a bunch of times between 2005-2010, 2006 was probably the best of the bunch. Setlist was:

1. Pinball Map
2. Leeches
3. System
4. Trigger
5. Behind Space
6. Colony
7. Crawl Through Knives
8. Black & White
9. Take This Life
10. Come Clarity
11. Scream
12. Cloud Connected
13. Drifter
14. Moonshield
15. Episode 666
16. Only For The Weak
17. Vacuum
18. Touch of Red
19. My Sweet Shadow

Man, that was good times. Scream aside.

The last time I saw them outside of a festival they did Satellites & Astronauts and a Jester Race medley too, which was pretty cool. I'm guessing it was 2009 or 2010. Could have been 2008. Unfortunately that show opened with TCP and included Delight & Angers, so mixed feelings.