IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I have to say, having had both long and short hair... I couldn't go back to having it long now. It's so much fucking work. I don't blame the guys for going shorter, Anders just went too far, as usual :rolleyes:

Anyway, this thread is turning a bit gay :D we need another track leaked.

Dreads are very um, tight, on the hair... Even after years of having them I believe they still need a solid foundation. If with age the top starts thinning out then they have to go.

Peter looks good with short or long hair, he also looks like he's in the best shape I think I've ever seen him.

Back to the music...

I hope the album is a bunch of tracks comparable to The Chase and The End.

The Chase is a perfectly acceptable type of song for In Flames in 2016;

-Lead guitar riff
-Screamed verses
-Catchy chorus with strong cleans/screams,
-Good solo
All around good theme and energy.

^Perfect simple formula they should stick with. As well as throwing in random catchy interludes as well as kids choirs and cool electronics sometimes. Nothing wrong with any of those.

Reactions: DE4life
Back to the music...

I hope the album is a bunch of tracks comparable to The Chase and The End.

The Chase is a perfectly acceptable type of song for In Flames in 2016;

-Lead guitar riff
-Screamed verses
-Catchy chorus with strong cleans/screams,
-Good solo
All around good theme and energy.

^Perfect simple formula they should stick with. As well as throwing in random catchy interludes as well as kids choirs and cool electronics sometimes. Nothing wrong with any of those.

The End has these traits with the exception of a strong solo.

Well somebody said in review that Bjorn recorded drums, so what? We all know how far from truth that is..

"With the exodus of long-standing drummer Daniel Svensson, Bjorn has for the first time since Whoracle stepped up to perform double duty on drums, and gives a showing every bit as bland as his guitar work. Granted, the fact that I can barely tell the difference speaks volumes as to how inconsequential the role of whoever happens to be manning the kit has become."

If there was an actual drummer on record (IF), it is so over produced and edited that it stinks. But there was no drummer. Just listen to that drum rolls, terrible...

Reactions: AtotheK
Someone said on FB that Jonas Ekdahl from Evergrey has recorded the drums in the new album. Might be just speculation.

I think that jonas ekdahl did record the drums on battles. Cuz niclas engelin uploaded a picture of a drunset, the same set that jonas ekldahl uses. Now.. i dont know alot about jonas but i know thats the set his using. Or its somebody else that uses the same set of drums.

I don't think that Bjorn recorded the drums on the new album. In the second trailer for Battles we can hear Peter saying that there are 5 individuals in the band and they have to agree on one single. So there is a new member in the band for sure.

I speculated myself a bit about Jonas Ekdahl since I know he's a great friend of the band and has filled in for Daniel on tour before. And also, it's not like In Flames has ever had any technical drums lol. I mean they had guitarists playing drums on their first 3 albums.

However, Jonas Ekdahl is about 10 years younger than the other guys in In Flames. I think they prefer someone in the same age. Also, Jonas is a full time member of Evergrey...

What the fuck did I just watch?? I never saw the EG video before. I will say that I do really like the chorus for EG and Filtered Truth a lot.

Not necessarily. I know for a fact that Lady Gaga had a lyric video for Applause and only later releasing the music video. On the other hand, IF released two sngles at once, so yeah, probably.

As for lyric videos being manstream... you need to draw a line somewhere. Sure, everyone does that nowadays, but it's just practical and cost-efficient. You can't make a music video for all your songs, hell, sometimes not even for all your singles, so it's a great way to put your music out there asap. Also, as I said, you can still make a proper music video for it later, but come on, 90% of IF's music videos are generic shit. Korn's two new music videos are neat, some thought went into them; Sum 41's is okay, a bit on the funny side; Metallica is playing their song for 3 minutes in a dark room, whoaaaaaaaaa. Now, sadly, IF's first mv from the Battles might the band playing the song in a white room. I just hate that Ulloa guy.

The EG mv is nothing special, but for IF, I believe it was. I can applaud every act of trying something new, instead of playing it safe. If it turns out shit then all I ask is to not repeat it, because then I'd be mad/disappointed.