IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

As for lyric videos being manstream... you need to draw a line somewhere. Sure, everyone does that nowadays, but it's just practical and cost-efficient. You can't make a music video for all your songs, hell, sometimes not even for all your singles, so it's a great way to put your music out there asap.
Agreed

90% of IF's music videos are generic shit.
Agreed, mainly because of:

Now, sadly, IF's first mv from the Battles might the band playing the song in a white room. I just hate that Ulloa guy.
This guy is just no good, and they keep on shooting with him.

If The Truth has a video made, then they are just encouraging the haters to do what they do.

Rusted Nail for example, as much of a bland song as it was, still isn't nearly as bad as The Truth. Look at the hate that got.

"The End" has had the LEAST amount of hate thrown at a new In Flames song in probably 5 years at least.

It definitely needs a video featuring the band instead of "The Truth".

You know why? Because "The End" (besides The Chase) is the best song they've made since Sounds Of A Playground.

*AND* The End is a type of heavier song that can draw in younger fans of these more newer mainstreamish bands in the metal/metalcore world.

Reactions: eochaid
The problem is Lucas was on his own and had no idea what made the originals so great.

IF is 4-5 different dudes although there must be some kind of hierarchy I think we can all guess is composed of

If The Truth has a video made, then they are just encouraging the haters to do what they do.

Rusted Nail for example, as much of a bland song as it was, still isn't nearly as bad as The Truth. Look at the hate that got.

"The End" has had the LEAST amount of hate thrown at a new In Flames song in probably 5 years at least.

You know why? Because "The End" (besides The Chase) is the best song they've made since Sounds Of A Playground.

*AND* The End is a type of heavier song that can draw in younger fans of these more newer mainstreamish bands in the metal/metalcore world.
Man, you almost mastered the art of fabricating arguments for your side. Yes, Rusted Nail was badly received, and the music video had like a 60-40 like/dislike ratio with only a few views. But I'm going to assume you just made an honest mistake forgetting the second part of the story, where both the likes and the views skyrocketed once the SC tour has begun.

I'm not even sure what you mean by encouraging the haters, lol, what do you think would happen if The Truth got the music video instead of The End? What would the fearsome hate crew do to IF then? Post more "DAE like TJR/Whoracle more than this new shit? Am I alone with this guys?!?!" ? IF has never cared about this nonsense. If you, or anyone else really want to send across a message, then don't go to their shows. Make those clubs and stadiums half-empty. Then they will scratch their head and say "oh, shit, I guess we do suck now!!". Until then, they will do whatever they want.

And why does In Flames suddenly NEEDS TO do a favor for the metal world? You literally make it sound like they are assholes, if they release a music video for The Truth, even though it would attract new people to IF as well. I mean, who are you - or me - to tell any band what they are ought to do? They already finished both songs, and that alone is a statement that they are backing both styles. There are good arguments for both songs to have a music video accompany them.

Yes, Björn, sometimes you play me Monters In The Ballroom, sometimes you play TQP and MSS for the rest of the tour. Eat shit!

Peter sounds very collected.

Anders is high as fuck, Jesus...

Ahahahhahaha, Niclas with the TCP pick. Damn, I guess even he has a terrible taste in music!

Holy shit, Peter must REALLY like Cloud Connected, haha.

Björn with the most fucking boring answer you could give. Lame!

Anders is on some serious drugs. They even had to cut TWO TIMES, hahahaha.

Hate to break it to you, Peter, but WTWE is still a shit song. Have to watch the live version though to make a final judgement.

Björn, get the fuck out of here.

Last edited:

That's nothing compared to Through Oblivion though. When it first came it literally had like 50/50 like/dislike ratio

Haha nice try Slave. Here's making it simple:

1. I'm not taking about "likes/dislikes ratio". I'm talking about how much people didn't like it and the hate it received. It certainly won't be as much as "The Truth" will get.

2. Where did I say they care? Where did I say I want to "send a message"? Looks like you're the one fabricating. I stated the simple fact that The Truth, the type of weird shit song it is coming from a band like I'm Flames, would only brew an internet hater bonfire. Fact.

3. I didn't say they need to do the metal world a favor(more fabrication from you). I said, The End, being a song that could draw in all kinds of people who like newer metal bands and their sound... The End would reasonate more with that... Because it's heavy, while also being catchy and fits closer to the younger "scene" metal/metalcore styles.

The Truth is shit and absolutely would attract LESS people than The End.

Someone who likes any kind of heavy metal music, never listened to In Flames before and comes across a new music video they found online... Would like The End more on average than The Truth. Fact.

Because The End is a better song.

Because The End would be liked better by people who like "heavy" music.

You made zero sense. You tried to take what I wrote and tell me what I meant haha, an idiot as usual.

But if you know yourself that no one gives a shit about online complainers, why even make a point about it?

Anyway, I see your logic on why you think The End should get a music video, but trust me, The Truth would get to more people than The End, and it would put In Flames on their palette. Sure, there would be obviously folks who'd think every IF song are like TT, and they will be disappointed, but many might stay. I mean, you probably think someone who likes The End is more likely to dig let's say The Quiet Place, than someone who likes The Truth, on average. And it's probably true, but - like it or not -, songs on SC are not too far from The Truth actually, and I'm pretty sure we could even make a half-assed setlist from all the extremely cheesy IF songs are out there from STYE to The Truth.

I'm actually curious now, I sent both TE and TT to a girl who is into papa Roach, Skillet and such. I'll report back once I'll have my enormous 1-person sample size!

The Truth would get to more people than The End, and it would put In Flames on their palette.

I don't agree with this. Both songs are catchy, none of the songs are special or new, but the Thruth sounds more generic and uninteresting. But I wonder what would happen if you're right, new people is attracted to the band just by listening to The Truth and then they listen to the rest of their discography.

songs on SC are not too far from The Truth actually
Agreed. The Truth is the continuation to the metal-pop sound that started with SC.

I agree with onlyfortheweak187. Choosing The Truth as video single (I bet they'll do) it's like saying "I don't give a fuck about your complains and this is how I prove it". That is, they would be making it on purpose.

And if they told their record company and/or the Uwe Boll of music videos that these are the two singles they selected, you can choose what do you want to make a music video (first?) of? I think you guys still make the mistake of thinking IF cares AT ALL about critics. Do you think a bunch of married, past their peak metal fellas who were grown up in a world without social media would go so far as to deliberately piss of their haters? The most they do to interact with the haters is when they occasionally joke around in the comment section, like when they were replying to a few "why is SC so fucking garbage?" comments.

I think we all would be pretty sad if we knew just how meaningless we and our opinions are.

I don't agree with this. Both songs are catchy, none of the songs are special or new, but the Thruth sounds more generic and uninteresting. But I wonder what would happen if you're right, new people is attracted to the band just by listening to The Truth and then they listen to the rest of their discography.

Agreed. The Truth is the continuation to the metal-pop sound that started with SC.
At this point we could easily break down IF's discography to 4 parts at least. You have to be extremely optimistic to think there are a lot of people out there who would gladly embrace the whole IF experience. Even the best songs from R2R and CC might not be enough for someone to bother with their earlier records, and vice versa, maybe the biggest fans of early IF can't even stomach anything that came after 2000. If you are IF, you want people to be attracted what you are doing now. Then, it is inevitable they will check your older stuff out, but you can't do anything to make them like those songs which you are already done with.

I'm NOT coming from what I think they should do to prove something to internet losers.

I'm saying what I think would be most beneficial for them to increase their reach.

Since they play heavy metal music live, I'd say The End would work better to achieve that than that other shit song.

That Truth song, would be a song with a video to bring new people in I guess... Like girls and teenage boys who don't cringe from goofy shit like it...

But The End overall would draw the most people I feel.

Anyways, I still REALLY do wonder what the other songs will be like.

I think you guys still make the mistake of thinking IF cares AT ALL about critics.

Everyon does.

Do you think a bunch of married, past their peak metal fellas who were grown up in a world without social media would go so far as to deliberately piss of their haters?

Yes, I do.

The most they do to interact with the haters is when they occasionally joke around in the comment section, like when they were replying to a few "why is SC so fucking garbage?" comments.

And that answers your first statement.

At this point we could easily break down IF's discography to 4 parts at least. You have to be extremely optimistic to think there are a lot of people out there who would gladly embrace the whole IF experience. Even the best songs from R2R and CC might not be enough for someone to bother with their earlier records, and vice versa, maybe the biggest fans of early IF can't even stomach anything that came after 2000. If you are IF, you want people to be attracted what you are doing now. Then, it is inevitable they will check your older stuff out, but you can't do anything to make them like those songs which you are already done with.
THat's mostly the point. If someone approaches IF after listening to The Truth, they will probably be disappointed by anything prior to SOAPF.

All right guys, but if they do release a music video for The End, and the album sales will be still mediocre, I'll be here waiting for you explain what happened.

I'm using Rusted Nail as the example Because it was the lead single
Well difference is, Rusted Nail was released as a music video same time. The End and The Truth is a double single, but they released The End first, that one is the lead single. Then they did a lyric video for The End as well. Of course they will release another single with a music video, but that's not gonna be the lead single it's just another single with a music video to it.