IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Sleepless again. I don't like that much the lyrics or Anders singing, but the guitar solo and how it introduces the final chorus is really moving.

Reactions: only4theweak187
My favourite from ASOP are disconnected- amazing lirycs according to our society, The mirror's truth - showing brutal reality , I am the highway..typical skateboarding song :D and March to the Shore - dark , anxious lirycs and amazing melodies

Disconnected is pretty good song, except for the lyrics. But "I feel like shit" ? What the hell Anders are you 15 or something? The Mirrors Truth can find itself at my top 10 IF song list, I love that song.

ASOP got me into In Flames,so this album will always have a special place in my heart. Mirror's truth, alias, move through me,drenched in fear, condemned,abnegation...I can't choose a favourite one

Allow me to rectify, My favourite song from the album is Tilt (though is an extra) and my favourite part from all the album must be the lead guitars from that song. That simple, effective, moving, amazing melody.

Reactions: ciko_gfb and Ilias7
If we're counting the EP then technically Abnegation is my favourite ASOP song - really, really solid track.

Man, I really wish Anders hadn't phoned in the vocal performance on ASOP, and found his balls in the process to save us from those godawful faux-emo lyrics. It could have been such a good album with a bit more effort. I knew as soon as I saw the artwork that Anders was going to ruin it.

Reactions: eochaid
I hoped to never have to read about anime on this board, my dreams are over.
Yeah i want the same. Lets just hope for the best :) no more songs like the truth then im happy :rofl:.
Btw. Anybody here from Sweden?
Sweden master race right here

Reactions: Seppo91
How empty we've become..Tilt is amazing too . Everybody say that lirycs are emo and immature for teenagers .. i dont agree with that . ASOP describes our feeling and struggles inside so it must be emotional

Allow me to rectify, My favourite song from the album is Tilt (though is an extra) and my favourite part from all the album must be the lead guitars from that song. That simple, effective, moving, amazing melody.

Yeah I would say "Tilt" as my favorite on the album. The melodic part (I guess you can count it as solo?) is one of my favorite riffs from In Flames. Just pure MDM at its best.

How empty we've become..Tilt is amazing too . Everybody say that lirycs are emo and immature for teenagers .. i dont agree with that . ASOP describes our feeling and struggles inside so it must be emotional

Sorry, but the lyrics are a joke. Perhaps you have to be a native english speaker to really understand, but they actually made me embarrassed to say I liked the band back then.

The End, 338 000 views, 7500 likes, 200 dislikes
The Truth, 94 000 views, 1800 likes, 600 dislikes

Judging from this, and album sales over the years, I guess IF would be best off with stopping this pop wankery and go back to writing cheesy CC style metal(core). Let's face it, who's gonna buy an album of Anders singing over some lazy music? Or, who is gonna actually pay to listen to that shit live?

Been listening ASOP today... That album is so good in some aspects. Sadly, quite bad at some other. Still, if not for TCTurd and a collection of okay-ish 3 minute songs I can not differentiate even today...

Maybe one day they could release 10 song non-emo ASOP with normal guitar sound.

Sorry, but the lyrics are a joke. Perhaps you have to be a native english speaker to really understand, but they actually made me embarrassed to say I liked the band back then.
Anders has some brilliant moments and other terrible. And he is in that age when you refuse to admit that you're not a child anymore.

If we're counting the EP then technically Abnegation is my favourite ASOP song - really, really solid track.

Man, I really wish Anders hadn't phoned in the vocal performance on ASOP, and found his balls in the process to save us from those godawful faux-emo lyrics. It could have been such a good album with a bit more effort. I knew as soon as I saw the artwork that Anders was going to ruin it.
They ruined it in the album. The demo was far better.

Tilt and Eraser has some really good drums. Daniel's work is amazing on those songs.

Edit: Fuck, those three songs deserved to be part of the album.

Last edited:

No, the lyrics are pretty simple to understand. I have no problem with the emotional nature of the lyrics, it's how they are conveyed. Clayman had a lot of similar emotion, but conveyed it using a lot of great metaphors. Anders was just lazy writing on ASAP.

The End, 338 000 views, 7500 likes, 200 dislikes
The Truth, 94 000 views, 1800 likes, 600 dislikes

Judging from this, and album sales over the years, I guess IF would be best off with stopping this pop wankery and go back to writing cheesy CC style metal(core). Let's face it, who's gonna buy an album of Anders singing over some lazy music? Or, who is gonna actually pay to listen to that shit live?.

Agree, releasing the Truth as a single is a really bad idea marketing wise. Its an ok pop song and should be recognised as part of In Flames experimental side rather than being the face of the new album.

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
Changing subjects. Am I the only one thinking that the synths at the beginnig of TheTruth are very similar to Cloud Connected and that the main riff sounds like that from Bottled?
They were rusted nail and black and white (stupid stupid stupid) :yell: