IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I see what you mean, but musically it was very similar. I would care about new In Flames if it wasn't in flames as The End rules :3

Reactions: eochaid
I still rate ASOP as a good album as it has some proper good tunes; Mirrors truth (I have a mirrors truth t-shirt :D), TCP, Condemned, Drenched in Feat, Abnegation, Tilt. All solid tracks

That's good, but that's not the main rule. This is why almost noone cared for passenger but would buy that album if it was labeled under IF. And the passenger album is far better than SC.

Reactions: only4theweak187
I still rate ASOP as a good album as it has some proper good tunes; Mirrors truth (I have a mirrors truth t-shirt :D), TCP, Condemned, Drenched in Feat, Abnegation, Tilt. All solid tracks
I also rate it as a good album. Even if it was bad, all the bands have the right to make bad albums.

My opinion on that album may er biased as playing some of those tunes on the guiyar is amazing fun, Delight and Angers is one of the most fun songs to play. I play on Bjorn's Signature guitar as well (call me a fanboy, sure, but its a damn good guitar)
So I got that in flames mojo. Sirrn charms songs are boring to play, especially everything's gone, it's too simple.

My opinion on that album may er biased as playing some of those tunes on the guiyar is amazing fun, Delight and Angers is one of the most fun songs to play. I play on Bjorn's Signature guitar as well (call me a fanboy, sure, but its a damn good guitar)
So I got that in flames mojo. Sirrn charms songs are boring to play, especially everything's gone, it's too simple.
That's something that only a guitar player seems to understand.

TCP is also boring. Too simple.

Aww hell no I love playing TCP, it's simple but nice. EG is simple and dull. In my opinion anyway. Take this life is a challenge and a half, but worth it for the bridge after yhe second chorus, that is really fun. Playing my guitar thr other day made me think about the guitar tone on STYE, and as I have the same pick ups in my guitar as hr uses, I csn get a rounghly similar sound to him (granted I use a distortion pedal as I can't afford a Marshall tube amp Haha) and on my bridge pickup (what you normally use for playing rhythm stuff) I get a sound similar to a sense of purpose, and on my neck pickup (usually used for bluesy leads) I grt s tone verrry similar to STYE. it may be a coincidence but that could explain the tone of that album, they recorded using the neck pickup, for whatever reason. Food for thought anyhow.

That's true. It is still IF because that's what's written on the album. Not because of a recognizable trademark.

If they release the latest albums under a different name none would be caring about their music.
This is true for about 70% of the bands or artists you see out there with at least 15 years of legacy. Even if some of their newer records are not necessarily bad, if it wasn't for the name, they could hardly advertise themselves.
That's good, but that's not the main rule. This is why almost noone cared for passenger but would buy that album if it was labeled under IF. And the passenger album is far better than SC.
Ughhhhhhh.... no. In Reverse, Used and Circles are good, the rest are extremely forgettable, mellow and uninteresting. Not even melodic enough.

Reactions: Laverna
Well, when the record was released anders said that it was metal with pop influences, so no wonder that is not melodic enough. It has more good sings, it is just that you don't remember their names :p

I listened to it once, maybe twice and nothing other than those song got even close to sticking to me a bit.

See, even SC bashers has to agree that the songs are at least melodic on that record, with the exception of EG and WTWE. There's not much identity in the songs, they are mostly played safe, but if we hide the In Flames logo and all your personal expectations, you could listen to majority of those songs in the car, while you work on your ocmputer or in the background in social gatherings.

Passenger falls extremely short on the melody part compared to SC. Also, I just want to hit Anders in the throat for the way he chose to sing on that record.

I went through fast on the songs which are not the 3 I know I like. In My Head and For You could have been good songs, but they fucked them up. Especially For You, how can you even listen to it? THAT is whining, not SC.

SC is nothing special..it is a lame effort. You like it and it's OK. If passenger album.was an IF album.many fans would be saying how good it was.

I cannot listen to sc even as a background, so bad is that album.

A new passenger album would probably be very similar to sc or the new if songs.

Last edited:
All right, credits where it's due, the teaser video for The End mv is not bad. If it's going to be a POV all the way with those distorted effects I might actually give it a 6 or sth. But Ulleaus loves his band shots, so I can't imagine not seeing a super close-up on how Björn is playing on the guitar.

The Truth has to be one of the most boring and uninteresting songs I have heard in my life.
No power, extremely dull composition, cry-baby lyrics, and repetitive as fuck. "It hurts when your denial is exposed...". The song is THREE minutes. IF you can't make a THREE minutes song interesting, you've fucked up, badly. That muffled solo popping up everywhere really got on my nerves (It hurts when your denial is exposed...). OKAY, I GET IT, you want something to add, but how about playing something slightly more different so it doesn't get so damn repetitive? The song is THREE minutes, and that's not what it felt like when listening to it. I gazed down at the timeline at the 2 minute mark and wondered if it'd end already, and that is NOT a good thing.

The End is better. Starts off nicely with a couple of very nice riffs, the chorus is decent, and then there's another muffled solo which I absolutely hate.

...And yet... Keep experimenting IF, and destroy what YOU want to destroy. I fear for my own liking of this new album just as I feared for SC, which I ended disliking a whole damn lot.

In my humble opinion, In Flames needs Jesper Strömblad back, and that won't happen. Looking forward to Jesper's solo album.

Yeah Jesper is basically drinking himself to death. I'm pretty sure he is a lost cause. No way he is returning, like it or not. The Solos on the new songs sound muffled as they haven't reccorded the guitar with a wahwah pedal very well. Other than that thr production on the songs is very good.

In my humble opinion, In Flames needs Jesper Strömblad back, and that won't happen. Looking forward to Jesper's solo album.
XDDDD

That's a great one m8, I rate it 10 out of 10. Perfect dead pan delivery of two colossal jokes. Lucky for you, you will have plenty of time to goof around here while you wait for Jesper's solo album.

PS.: Jesper is done. He collapsed under success and he is even worse now in failure, he will never finish a solo record. Never. I am fairly sure he is not even on therapy, because even a therapist with a fresh degree would not let his patient to make a fucking joke of himself on social media.

Just think of this new record as IF being one album closer to returning to an older style of music that they once played. Every metal band who has experimented and gone more commercial has eventually returned. Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax..., just to name a few.

Just think of this new record as IF being one album closer to returning to an older style of music that they once played. Every metal band who has experimented and gone more commercial has eventually returned. Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax..., just to name a few.
Ugh, IF is an absolute black sheep. First of all, they will never return to TJR/Whoracle, with the exception of maybe one bonus song or something.

Anyway, they are completely unpredictable. From R2R to SC there is little to no logic in how they progressed. Even the singles so far from Battles, one is closer to the older sound and one is farther. It's a total coinflip what's their next albums will sound.

Also, IF gone commercial since Clayman or R2R and they never returned, so... yeah. I guess you can add it to the list.

"Currently waiting for:
- Jesper's solo album
- IF returning to their older style
- Half-Life 3
"

Funny thing is, Half-Life 3 seems to be the most reasonable out of the 3 haha.

I dont think band actually in the video of "The End", I hope I'll be wrong but if I'm not it'll be another disappointment. I dont get the point of music videos without band in it. It's just pointless. They released a normal video for the song and lyrics video. So whats the point of getting a third video for it if band doesnt even in the video?

Reactions: Ilias7
I respect Jesper, he was very important person in IF but now he is done... but everything depends of his mind , if he want to stay in the darkness with his problems or fight and come back to in flames

Reactions: Jester Slave