IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Yeah I'm hoping for some awesome low pitched goodness from Anders on the new album >:) we haven't really had any studio growls since A sensr of Purpose. I guess enter tragedy kind of had them after thr guitar solo, but I want some really good loe pitched vocals like he uses a lot live nowadays
When did he growl on ASOP? I'm pretty sure he only had one style of scream on that album?

Alright, I know this has been debated before but I'm not sure if it was ever settled. But in that Resin video he clearly says, "Each day I crawl to the hall of the giants". Not hall/heart of the silence. Don't care if anybody reads this. Just needed to put it out there.

Last edited:
The 2002-2004 live shows that krofius and inflamesmetalll on YouTube would upload were before he learned to fry scream. Brutal throat damage haha.

Rock am ring '06 was the show on YouTube that actually brought me back as an In Flames fan about a month after it was uploaded after not listening since '04. Anders screams were great here:

^Listen to that first verse. You don't hear virtually any throat usage anymore by that point. Used to watch that entire show all the time, so epic. Except for the outfits lolol wtf

The way he sings the chorus for Take This Life at that show is awesome too. The screams were almost identical to the record.

When did he growl on ASOP? I'm pretty sure he only had one style of scream on that album?

In Disconnected, Condemned, Drenchrd in Fear, March to the Shore there are small growls here and there, sometimes on the last word of a chorus or verse, sometimes as just general 'oh' noises e.g. in Condrmned.

Just looked at The Truth's lyric video on YouTube. The comments are hilarious.

Rusted nails comments were the typical hate.

The Truth is getting the most "suggestions" I've seen for In Flames haha

"If you want to do pop rock just do it ditch the metal"

"Just form a new band with a new name and do what you wanna do"

Lmao

Because, sometimes, that's what people do when they totally change their musical direction.

They don't change their name because people cares about the name. If they were to come with the music that they're doing now under a new name nobody would give a shit.

True but it has veen a gradual change over the last 16 years, and you never know, the whole album might be like The End amd it could be one of their best 'modern' albums

True but it has veen a gradual change over the last 16 years, and you never know, the whole album might be like The End amd it could be one of their best 'modern' albums
I admire your innocence. I remember, when I first registered here, it was among the first things I got into an argument about.

Pointless. No one in their right mind would change their band's name, because you make the band, not the band makes you. The name In Flames does not limit you, as a band member. If you want to make a record from Madonna covers, then that is In Flames now, simple as that.

And arguing it is pointless, because the sheer suggestion of it reeks from ignorance. Have you ever had people in your life trying to tell you what to do and always being so smart when you had to make a decision (especially after you already made one)? It's the same thing: people suggesting such retarded things as to change to band's name are just simply putting others cocks in the grinder. They do not care, they do not think, they are just selfish.

Bands usually change names if their singer dies or leaves (or gets arrested because he liked to fuck babies, lolol), while pop artists usually do it for gaining a better exposure, a new persona, ie. Skyler Gray or Miley Cyrus.

Also, let me put it this way, TheJestersDoor: If at 20 years old you are an avid atheist and at 30 years old you convert to a religion and change your entire lifestyle, what do you do? Do you change your name because you are not TheJestersDoor anymore, or is TheJestersDoor representing everything you are, were and will be?

Bonus question: would you still keep your name if a random guy who just finished jerking off to Colony tweets you "change your name lmao XDD"? Such a compelling argument isn't it?

Don't worry though, the guys here are not that stupid either, it just fits their narrative.

Reactions: Seppo91
Lol like fuck I would become religious... But that's not the point. It just annoys me that people think that because the sound is different it should be a different band. They still play alternative metal after all. If they started releasing country music or whatever thrn I would understand.

Pointless. No one in their right mind would change their band's name, because you make the band, not the band makes you. The name In Flames does not limit you, as a band member. If you want to make a record from Madonna covers, then that is In Flames now, simple as that.

And the passenger album proves that you're right.

It has not been gradual.

Now this I don't understand, I can easily hear thr change from album to album in a logical way. Doesn't mean I like the change, Siren Charms is my least favorite album from thr band, but it was a logical step from SOAPF. the fact it was lazily written is irrelevant, the direction from one CD to the next made sense

Lol like fuck I would become religious... But that's not the point. It just annoys me that people think that because the sound is different it should be a different band. They still play alternative metal after all. If they started releasing country music or whatever thrn I would understand.
They went to melodeath to alternative or extreme metal. But even I'm alternative metal there are subgenres. IF has gone from a more extreme sound to a lighter one searching for new no metal fans.

They went to melodeath to alternative or extreme metal. But even I'm alternative metal there are subgenres. IF has gone from a more extreme sound to a lighter one searching for new no metal fans.

Not denying that, but it's still In Flames. Why? Because that's what it says on the album, and quite frankly, that's that :p goddamn it I hate arguing with you guys, discussions are much better. How can you continue arguing with everyone all thr time Slave? XD

Now this I don't understand, I can easily hear thr change from album to album in a logical way. Doesn't mean I like the change, Siren Charms is my least favorite album from thr band, but it was a logical step from SOAPF. the fact it was lazily written is irrelevant, the direction from one CD to the next made sense
You can hear the change, not the gradual change.

There is gradual change from ls to clayman. Then there is change in r2r that evolved to stye. Then they changed again in cc. Another change in asop. Then they changed again in soapf and again in sc, though sc can be seen as an evolution from soapf.

But nothing there has been gradual.

Not denying that, but it's still In Flames. Why? Because that's what it says on the album, and quite frankly, that's that :p goddamn it I hate arguing with you guys, discussions are much better. How can you continue arguing with everyone all thr time Slave? XD
That's true. It is still IF because that's what's written on the album. Not because of a recognizable trademark.

If they release the latest albums under a different name none would be caring about their music.

Eh i group CC and ASOP together, as I like to refer to ASOP as CC's little brother, as it is quite similar but with worse production and vocals. Give ASOP thr CC production and vocal treatment and it would be amazeballs

Asop can be seen as an evolution of sc, I agree. But the fact that anders starts a new direction makes it more different than similar. That's what I think.

They also introduced new elements and influences in the music that make a difference.