IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Yeah Jesper is basically drinking himself to death. I'm pretty sure he is a lost cause. No way he is returning, like it or not. The Solos on the new songs sound muffled as they haven't reccorded the guitar with a wahwah pedal very well. Other than that thr production on the songs is very good.

Saying that he is always drunken is an assumption. Saying that he needs to leave alcohol forever and that he is procastinating is a fact

I respect Jesper, he was very important person in IF but now he is done... but everything depends of his mind , if he want to stay in the darkness with his problems or fight and come back to in flames
One thing that alcoholics need to understand is that, once that you've done with it it's forever. There's no:"I'm sober for two weeks so I can deal with it"

I respect Jesper, he was very important person in IF but now he is done... but everything depends of his mind , if he want to stay in the darkness with his problems or fight and come back to in flames
Yeah, it is hilarious that this guy could most lkely rejoing IF he wanted to, all he needed to do is to sort himself out. But no matter his intentions, he has to do it anyway. What he's been doing in social media for more than a year now is not healthy, borderline obsessed.

One thing that alcoholics need to understand is that, once that you've done with it it's forever. There's no:"I'm sober for two weeks so I can deal with it"
You right , its something like depression. He should fight with his weakness , not drinking alone and writing stupid posts how in flames sucks now .. its not polite

Slave. Buz said "consider this one step closer". In an optimistic way. Optimistic for what he'd like to happen. Valid opinion.

Not "ok the next album definitely will "go back to the roots" like there's a mathematical pattern to calculate. He didn't say that.

Zero reason to go "UGH" like a child and then write an essay about what he said.

It was just an interesting thought he had.

He didn't need an explanation for how he was "wrong".

Do you understand yet that you literally can't handle seeing a simple throwaway thought ever on this message board without assaulting the person verbally like you're superior?

You're the only one who acts like this. Instead of trying to tell him how he was "wrong", someone else might've continued on with a mature conversation about it OR no one might have acknowledged it. Only you felt the need to attack it. Get it?

Either way, stop going nuts over every random thought or input

Last edited:
Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
Just think of this new record as IF being one album closer to returning to an older style of music that they once played. Every metal band who has experimented and gone more commercial has eventually returned. Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax..., just to name a few.

Slave is right in saying that IF is a black sheep in that particular situation.

However, each band's path is different and IF just happens to be a stubborn one. Their own tug of war with the fans is one of the craziest.

But knowing their views they've expressed publically, I don't think we're gonna ever see an album that's the same exact ingredients of anything like the first four

Have we ever discussed what the album of In Flames "going back to their roots" would even sound like?

Even just an album that'd please a majority of the fan base... Not the 50/50 split it's been since like, Sense of Purpose...

What would the guitar tone sound like? Melodies and riffing? Screams and cleans? Electronics? Song structures?

The "haters", do they even know how they'd WANT them to make such an album? Doubt it.

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
In Flames could not make another TJR/Whoracle. It simply isn't in the current band members to produce albums like that any more.

It's feasible that they could make another Colony or Clayman. I'm not saying it's likely, in fact I'd rate the chances at close to zero, but it is at least possible that they could produce such a sound again. That's the best that could ever be realistically hoped for and even that is an EXTREMELY distant possibility.

Another SOAPF would do me just fine, personally. I've made peace with modern In Flames and I haven't expected much from them for close to ten years.

Reactions: only4theweak187
In Flames could not make another TJR/Whoracle. It simply isn't in the current band members to produce albums like that any more.

It's feasible that they could make another Colony or Clayman. I'm not saying it's likely, in fact I'd rate the chances at close to zero, but it is at least possible that they could produce such a sound again. That's the best that could ever be realistically hoped for and even that is an EXTREMELY distant possibility.

Another SOAPF would do me just fine, personally. I've made peace with modern In Flames and I haven't expected much from them for close to ten years.

SOAPF being the album that got me into In Flames and therefore being very dear to me, I would love another album like that. Where the dead ships Dwell and A new Dawn are beautiful songs.

Are you sure you got the right record name there, bud?

Sense of Purpose def was the start of a major bitch fest online... (reroute and soundtrack of course were the beginning, but there wasn't AS BIG of an outlet back then) Probably because that year coincided with when the internet and social media started becoming massive.

Of course most people were online even upto several years earlier... But still.

But it was mostly music websites and reviewers opinions' that mattered versus an entire wave of hate comments because things were just different then

Yeah, it is hilarious that this guy could most lkely rejoing IF he wanted to, all he needed to do is to sort himself out. But no matter his intentions, he has to do it anyway. What he's been doing in social media for more than a year now is not healthy, borderline obsessed.
I don't think so. For many reasons. The most important ones?

It's not up to him to decide this.
He doesn't like the direction that they took and they're still two albums before changing that direction.

You right , its something like depression. He should fight with his weakness , not drinking alone and writing stupid posts how in flames sucks now .. its not polite
The posts are not the problem. The problem is coherency. If he's going to write that then he should keep it instead of deleting the posts.

When they came back to their senses, that is, after two more disappointments, they will, probably, try a harder sound, more metal mainstream. Probably like asop or maybe they will even try something similar to r2r.

Not melodeath anymore. They can't do it. Literally. They were not the members who made the melodeath albums. And most of the people.don't want it, me included.

Or maybe we are lucky and they split before throwing what's left of their dignity to the mud.

Last edited:
Thing I miss the most in this whole melodeath-In Flames thing is Jesper and his sense of writing and playing those sweet harmonies. I know a lot of bands do dual harmonizing guitars... but Jesper just have that feeling that puts the right thing in the right place. Even in his side projects and guest appearances you can hear a few seconds of that. Like Iron Maiden, but harder and meaner, with a touch of early swed.death. And very unique also. I've heard a few band trying to copy that sound, but none were successful.

As for present day IF, they could not make a fine melodeath album even if they wanted. Even with deliberate effort, it would sound like watered down Colony-Clayman with half of the album composed from fillers and rehashed riffs. Really, I can't see anybody in this band capable of writing killer riffs.

Jesper on the other hand is obviously too fucked up to do anything right other then occasional little song or angsty metal-hc-whatever.

So, that's it, really. If we are lucky, we're get some nice, sweet, short modern IF, like the End in the future. If not - it's Siren charms and worse.

I will get the album though, I don't judge the album off of two songs, but I do worry... they picked two songs they all liked, and of these two, I only think one is "okay", being The End. The Truth is shit, and that's The Truth.

Here's something new and really fucking awesome you guys should hear, I suspect some may like it.

http://nblast.de/PainComingHomeNB

Can get it there, is probably on iTunes as well. That guitar tune is fucking sick as fuck.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
I don't see IF returning to TJR or Whoracle, however I can see them doing something in the vein of the darkness of STTYE in the future. That is kind of what I am in the mood for from them and I don't know why. And yes...This message board is here for IF flames to come together. If everyone had the same views and opinion, the IF fan base and IF world would be a very boring place. Or at least an uninspired one at that. I feel as artists they have to keep themselves moving forward and inspired and if this new music is where they are at, then it is what it is. I mean, certain fans were unhappy with Colony and ClayMan and those albums are heavy as shit in my opinion. Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one. We don't need to attack each other. I also am one of those open minded music lovers that really enjoys "Risk" by Megadeth and yet I still love "KIMB...ABIG". Just food for thought. No disrespect to anyone else!

Reactions: only4theweak187
I also think Jesper is in a different place musically and even if he was sober he would not rejoin nor even fit in with the current IF lineup now. Anyone know anything about a new drummer for Daniel Yet??

Not a fan of Peter Tagtgren, though he has some good songs.

There are no news about the new drummer. I think the chances are high that they'll use a session musician.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor