IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

They are not evolving. What part of the meaning of evolution people does not understand?

Anders voice has changed, indeed, but he is not, and has never been, a singer. The fact that his cleans are worst than his screams is pathetic. Yes, some vocalists suffer, but the most of them are able to make a decent live career.

So the new drummer announced; Joe Rickard. Anyone know who he is? And actually I'm very suprised that they didnt pick a Scandinavian drummer, we'll see how this will work.

Apparently last seen playing for a Christian Rock Band? :D if you need a clue as to the direction In Flames is going (away from metal, straight towards rock music) this would be it.

I feel...(just my opinion) (not discounting anyone else's opinion...) that if IF is as commercial sounding as they are right now compared to Whoracle just as an example, then yes..., they are evolving.

From what I can read, he's a bible thumper. Should be a good laugh. Has Anders converted to Christianity recently?

I don't know how I feel about the new drummer. He is not Scandinavian and he used to play the drums for Red. I 'm sure there is a reason that In Flames chose him...also,in the video he seems very tall :p

Eh I don't care about his drumming background as long as he plays well. Wonder when the next proper Battles Webisode will go up.

With every new announcement this band becomes more of a joke.

So, they've found a random American dude with rock background to be the drummer of Swedish metal (kind of) band.

When combined with whiny middle aged emo teen singer with bad haircut and dressing sense, numetal producer from US, irrelevant bassist, charming session guitarist with ugly selection of guitars, Bjorn in creative menopause, and ever increasing role of unseen keyboard player... I actually think The truth sounds quite good.

I know, I know... I'm sounding like a hater. But really guys, if not for the history and name, we would laugh at this type of band.

And you know it's time to quit when you can make better band from past members than from present ones.

Oh, about the drummer... From little I've heard from his previous work - he does sound like programmed drummer. Simplistic, straightforward, no variation, hitting hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: eochaid
With every new announcement this band becomes more of a joke.

So, they've found a random American dude with rock background to be the drummer of Swedish metal (kind of) band.

When combined with whiny middle aged emo teen singer with bad haircut and dressing sense, numetal producer from US, irrelevant bassist, charming session guitarist with ugly selection of guitars, Bjorn in creative menopause, and ever increasing role of unseen keyboard player... I actually think The truth sounds quite good.

I know, I know... I'm sounding like a hater. But really guys, if not for the history and name, we would laugh at this type of band.

And you know it's time to quit when you can make better band from past members than from present ones.

Oh, about the drummer... From little I've heard from his previous work - he does sound like programmed drummer. Simplistic, straightforward, no variation, hitting hard.

Hey don't insult Niclas's Gibson RD, I'm jealous of him man, drspite thr fact I own Bjorn's custom epiphone.

From what I can read, he's a bible thumper. Should be a good laugh. Has Anders converted to Christianity recently?
Really?

"26 “Do not eat any meat with blood still in it. Do not practice any kind of magic.27 Do not cut the hair on the sides of your head or trim your beard28 or tattoo yourselves or cut gashes in your body to mourn for the dead. I am theLord."

Edit:

Oh fuck, this is... I have no words.

"And then the other meaning is to release the panic and let it go. Because it says in the Bible to not worry. And that's what we want to encourage in all of our fans, to not worry about things, to not panic over silly things. Don't panic if you're out of money or if you're out of this or that, because if you just ask God, he'll always help you."

Last edited:
Really?

"26 “Do not eat any meat with blood still in it. Do not practice any kind of magic.27 Do not cut the hair on the sides of your head or trim your beard28 or tattoo yourselves or cut gashes in your body to mourn for the dead. I am theLord."

Ha you say that but moderate religious people ignore that petty bullshit, and the people who do follow those parts are thr extremists/fundamentalists, who moderates claim don't represent the rrligion. Oh man I Could rant for hours about religion...

Ha you say that but moderate religious people ignore that petty bullshit, and the people who do follow those parts are thr extremists/fundamentalists, who moderates claim don't represent the rrligion. Oh man I Could rant for hours about religion...
As many people says, if the extremists represent the fundamentals of your religion, then there is something wrong with those fundamentals.

I could also "rant for hours about religion..."

So I'm genuinely interested, what is everyone here's feeling towards the nee album; excitement? Curiosity? Apprehension? Something else? I'm curiously excited. Thr end was awesome and the truth was... Acceptable so I want to see what the rest of the album js like