IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Ulrich. How is he an incompetent?

I'm gonna reply you with my favorite Game of Thrones line: "It is known." He's just incompetent everyone knows that.

Anyway as I said on my previous post, I'm very suprised that they selected an American drummer but as long as he plays good live and record good drums I'm fine with it.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
I always heard that he is pretty good. Let's wait until we see what our fellow drummers have to say about the matter.

Haha yeah, I'm an intermediate level rhythm guitarist (I can't play solos for shit, there are vevy few in flames lead melodies I can play, but fast picked riffs like disconnected are easier for me) so ejat do I know about drumming :p. Not a lot to be honest. Except that there is always a need for more cowbell... Ok ok mabye not but in all seriousness am I the only one that likes the cool echo-like cowbell that is used a lot on soundtrack to your escape?

Reactions: only4theweak187
The electronics as a whole on Soundtrack are great. Gave a good dark atmosphere to the songs.

Too bad the rest of the instruments are mixed the way they are.

I'm sorry that I expect my favourite (or, at least- it was) band to pick someone who can actually do the following:

• Contribute with excellent drumming, both live and on record
  • Contribute with something unique and/or in the top tier of metal drumming
  • Be an established composer which can help alleviate songwriting burdens
  • Established as a musician in a genre reminiscent to In Flames (and no, not SC In Flames)

They literally picked the "lowest common denominator".
A mediocre drummer in an unknown Rock band, which they met a couple of weeks previous.

It's like they don't fucking care.

In Flames are big enough to do tryouts for a position like this. Don't kid yourself. They could have a virtuoso behind the drumkit, breathing life into new material.

Reactions: eochaid
There are many examples of bands being revigorated with a good choice of new drummer.

Somehow I doubt this will be the case for flamerz. They've found the right man for deeper plunge into sirencharming.

When you think of it, while not spectacular, Daniel was the only IF member doing some solid and more complex work in past decade.

I think you forgot that Anders is in In Flames. Why would he let a new drummer write any of the music and he doesn't let Niclas write anything?

Because hope dies last. I really don't understand why they don't use Niclas songwriting talent. He wrote so many great songs for Gardenian.

From the outside, it certainly looks like Anders is a total control freak, and Björn is his right hand man. It's really a two man band at this point.

There are many examples of bands being revigorated with a good choice of new drummer.

Somehow I doubt this will be the case for flamerz. They've found the right man for deeper plunge into sirencharming.

When you think of it, while not spectacular, Daniel was the only IF member doing some solid and more complex work in past decade.

Exactly!

I always bring up Verbeuren when it comes to drummers, precisely for the reason that not only is he an amazing drummer, but he has contributed so many songs, riffs and ideas to the band. It's part of why The Living Infinite and The Ride Majestic are such amazing albums, he wrote several of those songs in full (Guitar, Drums, etc)

Imagine how many new, great ideas would be infused into In Flames with Niclas and a new drummer writing music.

Drumming means shit to a band that's been around for 20 years. Nothing formal or special needs to be considered

Who cares

Let's focus on predictions for the new album

Reactions: Jester Slave
Why do people expect In Flames to get a super well known technical, heavy drummer? Whether you like it or not it was predictable to be someone like this as it is following the shift in sound in thr last 3 albumd

- Hey Bjorn, how did you find your new drummer?

- "Well it has been a long process. When ol' Dan left, we were very sad and Anders suggested we buy a drum machine. Yeah sure, we were around that all swedish metal scene for 25 years, but we didn't really know any drummers, especially evolved drummers capable of playing our superhard complex material night after night.

Then we were of to the States, where we were hoping to come up with a few riffs and spread them over 45 minutes, then try to sell that as a full album.

One day, we were sitting, Anders and I, doing our hair. The other two guys, names I can't remember, were off doing whatever they do when not posing for photos or playing four chords Andy and I tell them to...when our producer, who we met two days before, brought in a tall american dude, with great haircut, tight jeans and a loot of tatoos. We clicked immediately. His name was Joe - and you have to agree, what is more "modern In Flames" than "Joe"!?

Anders was superimpressed with his previous work with Red. It sounded just like Evanescence with sad dude singing, which was the sound we were after while recording our new stuff. Also, Joe had no problem playing all those 4/4 stuff and very complex basic patterns we came up with.

And, Joe looked just right. Haircut, tatoos, style. Maybe we could fit him with a beard or something. Our fans expect we look the part, and Anders sets high standards in that department.

So that's it.

We are, we are, we are... very happy with Joe."

Last edited:
Ulrich. How is he an incompetent?
Woah dude! See, you are so engulfed in the IF circlejerks, you missed out on the Metallica circlejerk! I'll get you up to date: while Anders is the shittiest, most talentless person on Earth within our little community, Lars is the same within Metallica's. And since Tallica has a much bigger following, Lars got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more shit than Anders, you can search on youtube for various people trying to ridicule him and make 10-20-30 minute long videos to show us how shit Lars is.
Drumming means shit to a band that's been around for 20 years. Nothing formal or special needs to be considered

Who cares

Let's focus on predictions for the new album
Unreal, but this. Who the fuck cares if it's Dave Lombardo or some random ass relatively noname guy is behind in In Flames' overly simple drums? IF is guitars and vocals, and before that, it was just guitars. No one listens to IF for that sweet bass or drum.
Apparently last seen playing for a Christian Rock Band? :D if you need a clue as to the direction In Flames is going (away from metal, straight towards rock music) this would be it.
So what? There are dope christian bands out there, religion or political views doesn't make anyone a worse musician. What kind of response is this...

Why do people expect In Flames to get a super well known technical, heavy drummer? Whether you like it or not it was predictable to be someone like this as it is following the shift in sound in thr last 3 albumd
Yea, after all they hired a high skilled guitar player to play TCP and TO live.

Well, after 30 years that's the first time hearing something like that about Ulrich. This is why.

And Anders is not a singer.

1. He has a lot of songwriting credit on RED albums and he's a good lyricist, so hopefully he can bring fresh inspiration to In Flames (no more "We are, we are" crap...)

So instead now we should expect "we are the army of god" or some crap like that?

I just want to tell people; shut up about the
Drummer until you hear the whole album, THEN you can either complain or praise him.

Well, after 30 years that's the first time hearing something like that about Ulrich. This is why.

And Anders is not a singer.
I love how you said to krofius he is taking this too personal, yet here you are, typing shit like that. What if I told you just because you think Anders is a shit singer, hell, even if he is objectively speaking a shit singer, he still is, in fact, a singer?

As for Lars, here's a tease for you:

Oh look, there are some witty comments too, riducling Lars with 100+ upvotes! I bet the only4theweak of Metallica people already quoted them by now, while the Jester Slave of Metallica people quoted the comments bashing the guy in the video. I sure hope every band discussion is as miserable as our board here.

Reactions: Seppo91
I just want to tell people; shut up about the
Drummer until you hear the whole album, THEN you can either complain or praise him.
No, dude, you don't get it:
1. He played in a Christian band
2. He's American.... American musicians in 2016 LUL
3. He has a bad haircut
4. He has tattoos
5. He is not world famous
6. He is not the drummer I hoped they would pick

Who cares how he plays on the record? Hell, our very own Cobra went as far and suggested he is shit live too. He is shit, and I am absolutely fed up with people like HDP, who is the only guy among us who knows shit about this guy and the band(s) he played in and shared his knowledge. Get the fuck out of here bro. Oh, you are so smart, actually knowing stuff about him and seeing him live 7 times. Well, fuck you bro, I saw his haircut, that's all I need to know. That's all we ever need to know on this board.