IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

So what? There are dope christian bands out there, religion or political views doesn't make anyone a worse musician. What kind of response is this...

Anders could have hired his mother to do drums and you would have been OK with it though. All I can say is it's a good thing they don't play anything from TJR/Whoracle any more, as I can't imagine this guy being thrilled with playing stuff like "Dead God In Me".

For being a singer you should be able to... Sing.
Are you nitpicking now? What term do you want to use to describe him? Vocalist? Frontman? Or something funny for banter's sake?
Anders could have hired his mother to do drums and you would have been OK with it though. All I can say is it's a good thing they don't play anything from TJR/Whoracle any more, as I can't imagine this guy being thrilled with playing stuff like "Dead God In Me".
Exactly. I absolutely do not care if the person behind such drum-heavy songs is an 8 years old girl, some random American dude, or the 4 best drummers in the world right now combined.

Can we actually stop pretending drumming for In Flames is so fucking hard, or shall we continue?

Meanwhile...

Oh geez, how am I gonna rock out to those crazy ass drums on Alias now live?

14292489_323278434689571_5639988780949603232_n.jpg

Anders the hipster at its finest.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Frontman.

I won't pick jordison.as an example. My drummer friend, who's ending his music studies, used to like jordison a lot, he was his favourite. Last time I asked he said: "I have learned that playing drums is something else than hitting them fast"

If you wanted to talk about good drummers you shall have chosen Martin Lopez.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtotheK

:D dear God. Bjorn's expression says "I can't believe we're actually doing this."

I wonder what the direction for this shot was? Okay guys, we're going for moody here. Give us your best "life sucks, but we're getting through it" look.

I don't know. I just burst out laughing when I saw that picture. Anders in that wifebeater with his little tattoos and those glasses :D it's brilliant.

Frontman.

I won't pick jordison.as an example. My drummer friend, who's ending his music studies, used to like jordison a lot, he was his favourite. Last time I asked he said: "I have learned that playing drums is something else than hitting them fast"
I think Slipknot's drumming has always been stellar and enjoyable, they put big emphasis on them. Now, I wouldn't argue where to place JJ on the spectrum of great drummers, he might not even make a top 50 list (in his prime, the fuck knows what he's doing today), but just compare any Slipknot drumming with any IF drumming. Day and night, and it's nothing against Daniel, I know he could never go overboard with the drums, and even when he did drum good, it was usually fucked by the mix, because guitars and vocals came first.

And it's fine, it's absolutely fine to have your drummer and bass player to be a slave for your main "instruments", you don't have to force the huge rock band thing. But the fact that it's been already 2 pages of bitching over their new drummer is just ridiculous. We haven't even heard him other than those two singles.

Niclas is a fucking beautiful man, damn.

I think Slipknot's drumming has always been stellar and enjoyable,

As I do. I'm just saying what he told me. If you ask me, I would say that he is a great drummer. But he is the guy who knows (my friend). When he was 14 he was capable of playing all of slipknot songs, and he hadn't started his studies.

but just compare any Slipknot drumming with any IF drumming.

That's not fair. Drums are a big part of Slipknot's music, they have a big presence, so we cannot know what Daniel's skills are in comparison. But you can hear latest slipknot and realize that, after replacing joey, there was no evident difference in the drum playing.

:D dear God. Bjorn's expression says "I can't believe we're actually doing this."

I wonder what the direction for this shot was? Okay guys, we're going for moody here. Give us your best "life sucks, but we're getting through it" look.

I don't know. I just burst out laughing when I saw that picture. Anders in that wifebeater with his little tattoos and those glasses :D it's brilliant.
Put a table and you have the last supper. Of course Nicolas is Jesus, and Bjorn must be Judas since he is facing to a side with that guilty look on his face.

As I do. I'm just saying what he told me. If you ask me, I would say that he is a great drummer. But he is the guy who knows (my friend). When he was 14 he was capable of playing all of slipknot songs, and he hadn't started his studies.

That's not fair. Drums are a big part of Slipknot's music, they have a big presence, so we cannot know what Daniel's skills are in comparison. But you can hear latest slipknot and realize that, after replacing joey, there was no evident difference in the drum playing.
Exactly. So why do you feel the need to participate in this clusterfuck of a mockery of their choice of the new drummer?

Put a table and you have the last supper. Of course Nicolas is Jesus, and Bjorn must be Judas since he is facing to a side with that guilty look on his face.

I just don't get it. That type of picture doesn't sum up modern in flames at all. If you didn't know the band, saw that picture and then heard The Truth you'd probably wonder whether you'd listened to the wrong song by mistake.

The new drummer looks dead behind the eyes, like a fucking zombie. You might as well just write "life sucks" over his head. His expression is that look of cold despondency, and acceptance that things will never get any better.

Reactions: eochaid
Exactly. So why do you feel the need to participate in this clusterfuck of a mockery of their choice of the new drummer?
You know, great bands deserve to have great musicians, even if they're playing shit. A good drummer is as needed as Nicolas playing guitars, and still Nicolas is in the band.

I just don't get it. That type of picture doesn't sum up modern in flames at all. If you didn't know the band, saw that picture and then heard The Truth you'd probably wonder whether you'd listened to the wrong song by mistake.

The new drummer looks dead behind the eyes, like a fucking zombie. You might as well just write "life sucks" over his head. His expression is that look of cold despondency, and acceptance that things will never get any better.
Yep, he has that vibe of the new metal bands, they could he playing metal or playing as background musicians for Rihanna.

The picture is just the same picture that they've been posting for years now.

Sorry but I'm still laughing seeing the god's tattooed boy surrounded by tattooed guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: DE4life
What headphones do you guys use? How well does it translate IF's sound (R2R-CC + Colony)? This time, I'm planning on buying a good headphone for realz, but I listen to so many genre, I'm at quite a loss.

What headphones do you guys use? How well does it translate IF's sound (R2R-CC + Colony)? This time, I'm planning on buying a good headphone for realz, but I listen to so many genre, I'm at quite a loss.

I've got a set of Creative Aurvana Live headphones, which really bring out the bass on In Flames songs. Makes them sound more powerful than they do through earphones, but controlled enough that it doesn't make it too beefy.

They aren't in the mega expensive range though, so if you're looking at Beats type headphones I got nothin' for ya.

I'm willing to pay whatever is needed to be satisfied with the product for years. I know beats gets a lot of bad rep., but I am not looking to use my headphones for studio work, nor am I an aspiring musician.

That being said, I'm not sure what I'm looking for, I never actually got the chance to hear anything through quality headphones, I always used earbuds - not the cheapest one, obviously, but still incomparable with actual headphones. I heard there are headphones which make songs more "colorful", I guess I'd try one of those. My understanding is that it's for suckers of cheap tricks like myself, artificially enhancing the sounds.

I know I don't want a "professional" one where everything is dry. Let's just say Come Clarity's production is just on the right side for me when it comes to stripped down, raw sound.