IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

The music video for the truth might be more interesting than the one for the end,as far as I can tell from the the two small clips...I hope there is some band performance too

Reactions: Laverna
Emo.

In the end, there are only 12 songs with 2 bonus and probably a third one for iTunes or some special release.

Reactions: AtotheK
In other news... Tomorrow
14457560_10153997141150748_8548105760388797125_n.jpg

Wow, people are really looking for stuff to complain about lately.
Sure, these are not good titles, but come on, in the end it's the songs that matter.
The End is still good, despite it's simple lyrics. The same could apply to the majority of the album. Who knows.

Ok, there are some lame titles ( In My Room, Here Until Forever, Us Against The World ), but there are also some interesting ones ( Wallflower, Like Sand, Underneath My Skin). However, it is not fair to judge a song by its title

Will Anders ever be at peace with his inner turmoil?

I know I joke about Anders writing like a 12 year old emo... but 'In My Room' ? :D dear me. Has an album title and tracklist ever looked so utterly different?

Ok, there are some lame titles ( In My Room, Here Until Forever, Us Against The World ), but there are also some interesting ones ( Wallflower, Like Sand, Underneath My Skin). However, it is not fair to judge a song by its title
Those are also lame titles. Good for Beyonce or Justin beaver, but for if...

I don't really like the video for The End and it looks like The Truth won't be good either, but I will say that I like how they are marketing them as connected songs at least. Also, I saw this comment on Facebook regarding a clip of the video for The Truth: "Holy shit man im gonna listen to moonshield and pretend i never heard this."

Reactions: eochaid
1) In Flames - I should really be used to this by now, but damn, that song tittles are lame and funny. It could happen that song turn out to be great with shitty names... realistically it won't, and we will lose more respect for once great metal band. Oh, and 14 songs again? With their current level of inspiration and one real music songwriter... no way it's going to end up good.

2) Dark Tranqullity - New song is OK. Nothing exciting though. I expected more. They seem to spin same tricks and scales, just trying to make riffs sound evil instead of using more common, but also more pleasant progressions. We'll see how the whole album sounds. Didn't like WATV, enjoyed Construct. Another band evolving. Not entirely to my music taste, but their current sound makes sense, and you have to respect that.

3) Opeth - 3 songs so far. First was OK, although I'm not big on all this '70 progy thing they have going on since Watershed. Second was nice, simple and emotional. Not much love for the third one. Oh, I respect their integrity, and death metal thing was sounding a bit tired after Ghost Reveries, but it's just isn't my kind of thing. Sounds forced, a prog for the sake of being prog. Also, I think there are other bands doing the same thing better. Similar to IF, they abandoned their original and unique sound, but unlike IF, you can't really be mad at Opeth for doing idiotic sellout music. They've just changed and that's it.

4) Insomnium - Well, new album leaked... and it's a fucking masterpiece of melodeath, atmospheric black, doom, prog, whatever metal. After string of strong albums, a relative commercial success of the last effort, they could have done a whole album of lighter, shorter and more catchy tunes, thus securing bigger fan base, but instead they have done a 40 minute track, with strong concept behind it. Sound fresh, sound epic, but still sounds like a NATURAL PROGRESSION - EVOLUTION of their unique sound. Also, production is not bad. Last few albums, with all that layers and instruments going on were not easy on the ears. Not sure if it's a 10/10 as it takes time to establish that, but surely at least 9/10 in my book. Respect for the guys!

Reactions: eochaid
Sounds forced, a prog for the sake of being prog.
That's what annoys me about their albums since Ghost Reveries. The simple tunes seem to flow naturally while the others sound, as you said, forced. The new album is just... meh. But they're still opeth.

So as of tomorrow I will have tickets to see Soilwork, Dark Tranquillity, and In Flames all within four days of each other. I'm pretty excited. I think this will be the closest I'll ever come to seeing them all at the same show.

Last edited:
Well they said they recorded 15 songs so that will be the 14 on the digipack version of the CD (so preordering that the minute it goes on amazon UK) and then an iTunes bonus track. Track list names were... Interesting. In my room sounds shit, but like sand, through my eyes, greatest greed and wallflower all sound interesting to me. Can't wait fot single number 3, as I'm getting quickly bored of the overpromotion of the end / the truth. New live CD sounds meh, Anders does better on some thsn others. Quiet place is good, as is when the world Explodes actually, but the production of the audio lets it down most of the time. Can't wait to watch the dvd now to see if the visuals are much better.

I liked all the titles except In My Room and Us Against The World (Emo much?).

And yesterday I was watching live q&a thing, Anders was just about to answer a question about Passenger, but the video ended just there. I'm still bummed about it. I would like to hear another album.