IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Apparently Through My Eyes is suppose to be heavy? Ha last time they said that I got Everything's Gone *cries*:cry:

Yeah but this is another album. What's with all the pessimism. Just wait and find out. Also they didn't say it was heavy they said it had 'brutal technicality' so that's that :p which instantly makrs it diffrrent from sirrn charms as that album was brutal simplicity.

Reactions: Seppo91
EG could have been decent, but it turned into a bit of a clusterfuck in the end. It might work better in a live environment, but the studio version of EG did not go onto my mp3 player, despite Dead Eyes and Siren Charms making it over.

The production lets it down, the guitars are too quiet and the guitar tone is not heavy and thick enough. And the reverb on Anders' voice in the chorus is REALLY annoying.

I actually like the reverb on the chorus. The chorus is really heavy and cool. The rest of the song, meh.
For me, In plain view, Filtered truth, Rusted nail and Everything's gone are the songs a usually go back to.

The production lets it down, the guitars are too quiet and the guitar tone is not heavy and thick enough. And the reverb on Anders' voice in the chorus is REALLY annoying.

I think the reverb on the chorus is one of the best parts of the song.
The chorus in general is the only thing that makes that song listenable.

The main/verse riff is atrociously boring and generic, the bridge worse so.

The chorus is soaring and melodic, and actually has some emotion.

WEWO, Become the Sky and The Chase are the only SC songs I don't automatically skip. Sometimes I'll listen to Dead Eyes, SC or IPV. Depends on my mood. The rest never get a look in.

EG was like the band trying to go back to the Come Clarity era and failing miserably. If i want to listen to heavy modern in flames I'll listen to Dead End or A New Dawn (not exactly heavy, but has an old school melodic vibe).

The funny thing is, In Flames were never a particularly heavy band on disc. Most of us listened to them for melodies, not heaviness. Songs like EG are very much a modern In Flames construct, rather than a link to the past.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
Become th sky rules but I can only listen to it on youtube as I didn't manage to get a deluxe CD and I believe that's the only way to get it. It sucks :( I lovr that song