IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

It would be interesting to hear another long track like The Chosen Pessimist. I know some of you hates the song but its actually pretty good in my opinion. What do you think guys?

With TCP they tried to do something differetn and I apreciate the effort.

Agree with all of the last several posts.

I have a feeling they might go for a more radio-rock sound like a lot of bands are doing now. Not exactly sure what I mean by that like sound or style wise...

But just in a "harder" or heavier way than SC.

I also really like TCP. Especially the outro minute of the song, definitely my favorite IF outro. Anders wrote that song with help of Jesper.

Almost two months of radio silence....i think the last post on the new album was the first week of April when Anders posted that they are done recording. I am guessing they have finished mixing the album by now, they are probably trying to get a deal done with a record label.

Hey, Devin Townsend's new album is coming in September, it's a great month :D And hopefully IF's album comes before that unless there is some weird postponement. Also Gojira and Be'Lakor albums in a couple weeks, also Dark Tranquillity In October/November. It's a good year for Metal for sure. The new Amon Amarth album was fucking sick too.

What the hell happened to live concert release?!
Live concert? What the hell I was thinking anyway.. lol
On the other hand, I can't say that I'm too excited for that release. They recorded 2 concerts but the concerts have the exact setlist. It would've been better if they change some songs or entire different setlist.

That's how performers film shows usually.

Like, stand-up comics will perform two or three nights in a row, then edit together the best takes into one DVD or whatever.

So this time it was In Flames playing in two arenas which look similar enough on camera

Really tired of these Sept releases. One of the shittiest months of the year :erk:
Ty fam. :D
Agree with all of the last several posts.

I have a feeling they might go for a more radio-rock sound like a lot of bands are doing now. Not exactly sure what I mean by that like sound or style wise...

But just in a "harder" or heavier way than SC.
I can't ever imagine IF being played in our popular radio stations. Maybe Come Clarity, Through Oblivion or a radio edit version of Alias.

Uh, when a band that's been "too heavy" for radio rock stations for it's entire career makes a new album that's more radio friendly, stations are only going to play singles from that album. I.e. Trivium's newest album, rock-radio stations are playing "Until the world goes cold" off of it. Trivium have always been too heavy for radio until now.

Where did I assume they'd play any of IF's previous shit before a (hypothetical) radio-friendly song off their new album? Nowhere.

I'm speaking about USA radio stations by the way. They generally avoid screams except for rare occasions.

Did IF have any song which infiltrated mainstream radio there? I'm not saying I never heard screaming in a mainstream radio, but it was Schrei from Tokio Hotel, so there's that.

And at this point, I doubt IF would give any fuck. Like... ANY. Maybe they did stuff back in the day to cater to a wider audience, to skyrocket their career, but I honestly can't see them caring much about it anymore. By now, In Flames for them is probably a side project, where most of the money is from touring, and even if they release a polka album, they can still tour with their older songs.

If Siren Charms in anything to go by, I'd agree that they don't really give a shit any more and are just phoning it in to grab some more cash from what's left of the fanbase.

Reactions: eochaid
They really don't play In Flames in Sweden at all except for on Bandit Rock, which is a quite big station in Sweden but it's Rock/hints of Metal only. And they didn't do it that much in the last couple years either. I mostly remember they played Mirror's Truth in 2008 a bit, and some Alias, and after that they did play Deliver Us quite a lot, but nothing after that really except for maybe a couple times of Paralyzed. So they aren't really mainstream, radio wise in Sweden. On our big state radio stations I've heard maybe once or twice the last 7-8years correlating with interviews with the band.

Did IF have any song which infiltrated mainstream radio there? I'm not saying I never heard screaming in a mainstream radio, but it was Schrei from Tokio Hotel, so there's that.

And at this point, I doubt IF would give any fuck. Like... ANY. Maybe they did stuff back in the day to cater to a wider audience, to skyrocket their career, but I honestly can't see them caring much about it anymore. By now, In Flames for them is probably a side project, where most of the money is from touring, and even if they release a polka album, they can still tour with their older songs.

I've heard Metallica, Sepultura or Rammstein. The show they did in the Skavlan show could be considered as becoming mainstream, I supose.

They really don't play In Flames in Sweden at all except for on Bandit Rock, which is a quite big station in Sweden but it's Rock/hints of Metal only. And they didn't do it that much in the last couple years either. I mostly remember they played Mirror's Truth in 2008 a bit, and some Alias, and after that they did play Deliver Us quite a lot, but nothing after that really except for maybe a couple times of Paralyzed. So they aren't really mainstream, radio wise in Sweden. On our big state radio stations I've heard maybe once or twice the last 7-8years correlating with interviews with the band.

I think that being maimstream requires a company paying to the radio stations to become so.

I was thinking about riffs that could be neat for IF and was wondering, what kind of riffs do you guys want to hear?
I decided to throw together a quick tune on my own using a midi program. I am interested in hearing what you guys have in mind.

Tabbed in G# D# G# C# F A# but is not forced as long as it is a dropped tuning. (Transparent is played in this tuning.)
Guitar Pro 6 file and PNG files of the tabs included:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/284me9mtjm0xjsb/IF%20EX%201.zip?dl=1