IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Tupa-Tupa :D

Well, if we are going off from a google translated, (most likely) casual italian music review sites' words, Battles will be OK. Can't say I got too excited, only looking forward for Before I Fall based on this review because of the comparison with MSS.

It was funny they did a typo with Jesper's name (into Jester), my heart skipped a beat thinking I'm getting trolled or something. :D

Tupa-Tupa :D

Well, if we are going off from a google translated, (most likely) casual italian music review sites' words, Battles will be OK. Can't say I got too excited, only looking forward for Before I Fall based on this review because of the comparison with MSS.

It was funny they did a typo with Jesper's name (into Jester), my heart skipped a beat thinking I'm getting trolled or something. :D
Google translated but pretty accurate, I must say (I don't speak italian but I can understand it pretty well, thanks to my mother language.)

The review is fairly positive. Maybe IF will surprise fans with one.
The review also lacks critical view. This is almost the opposite of the no name, hardcore review sites the people used to link me when SC was released to further prove their point, because what a shitty ass, underground metal review site says is law.

I'll be looking forward for the major reviews. Yes, they can be exceptionally awful too, but at least they are (mostly) impartial when it comes to music like this.

Reactions: AtotheK
The review also lacks critical view. This is almost the opposite of the no name, hardcore review sites the people used to link me when SC was released to further prove their point, because what a shitty ass, underground metal review site says is law.

I'll be looking forward for the major reviews. Yes, they can be exceptionally awful too, but at least they are (mostly) impartial when it comes to music like this.
They're not. No one is impartial or objective when making a review. And, remember this, if you make an awful review, next time you're not given the cd to make the review.

As much of a headache to read was that review, still sounds like we have more to look forward to than Siren Charms.

The 7min track it linked to Chosen Pessimist describing that it allows all band members to shine sounds interesting.

The ballad had barely any detail in its description.

A couple songs sound like they start off fast then get varied? I guess.

Another song it said had a "California vibe" in the chorus.

And one more said people who like "paralyzed" will add this to their playlist.

Ok yeah, we definitely need another review that's communicated easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtotheK
Liberation vs. With Eyes Wide Open

Liberation wins for me as there's more variance in the singing, as well as that part where the verse leaves the structure to bridge into "close your eyes walk with me I'll set you free and everything you ask for..." While With Eyes Wide open stays simple and lackluster the entire song

By the way, in Liberation there's an actual guitar solo

With Eyes Wide open is definitely missing a nice solo in place of that lazy refrain that goes right back into the chorus. Big miss of an opportunity

Last edited:
Cant really tell from an Italian google translate but sounds to me that Battles is going to be a mix of SOAPF and SC skewed more towards the latter.

They're not. No one is impartial or objective when making a review. And, remember this, if you make an awful review, next time you're not given the cd to make the review.
Yes, but major/popular general music review sites won't be impartial to In Flames. Hardcore metal reviewers will still give it a shitty 0-5/10 review at best, because it's cool to shit on new flames among those people. But if you go to Rolling Stones or Allmusic or Pitchfork, etc., no one gives a shit about In Flames, whether you rate their record a 3 or an 8.

In Flames is not among the few in the music industry who could play the "I won't let you give early review about us" card towards the mainstream review sites. And why would they; they are playing "popular metal", so their best shot of getting favorable reviews can only come from these sites.
Liberation vs. With Eyes Wide Open

Liberation wins for me as there's more variance in the singing, as well as that part where the verse leaves the structure to bridge into "close your eyes walk with me I'll set you free and everything you ask for..." While With Eyes Wide open stays simple and lackluster the entire song

By the way, in Liberation there's an actual guitar solo

With Eyes Wide open is definitely missing a nice solo in place of that lazy refrain that goes right back into the chorus. Big miss of an opportunity
Are you answering a question you just proposed to yourself? Liberation is better though, but WEWO is almost like Come Clarity. They are both good songs (hell, CC has that plus in it, can't quite put my finger on it) but they both go on for way too long. Or rather, they are too repetitive, and all these songs need is the classic breakdown before the final chorus, like they did it in Reflect The Storm.

The biggest negative of Come Clarity as a song, for me, is the vocals. They really grate on me, which is a shame as the song is otherwise a really solid ballad.

Liberation is awesome. A great track to finish a great album.

Reactions: only4theweak187
Cant really tell from an Italian google translate but sounds to me that Battles is going to be a mix of SOAPF and SC skewed more towards the latter.
To me it sounded more like SC+STYE.

Though to me SC and SOAPF are awfully similar because they both sound very, very "rockish". I miss their faster, more metal sounding guitar which even ASOP had many of.

The biggest negative of Come Clarity as a song, for me, is the vocals. They really grate on me, which is a shame as the song is otherwise a really solid ballad.

Liberation is awesome. A great track to finish a great album.
I love the (drunk) Wacken version, it's really great.

I'm just expecting an album that is slightly better than SC. Less repetitive and with fewer slow verses where Anders just talk-sings over it. Like, this will be what SC should have been, with SC just being the B-sides. Disclaimer, I do enjoy SC to some degree and listen to it every now and then, but obviously disappointed in it overall.

Though to me SC and SOAPF are awfully similar because they both sound very, very "rockish".

I just can't agree with this. Sure, the production on both albums has a more rock than metal vibe, but that aside the two albums are totally different. SOAPF has an in-your-face production that dwarves the really weak-sounding SC effort, the guitar tone on SOAPF is more vibrant, vocals have far more energy, song structures have greater variety, overall SOAPF just feels like the band made a real effort... SC feels rushed, incomplete and forced. Tracks like When The World Explodes, With Eyes Wide Open and Everything's Gone are like SOAPF B-Sides. The rest are mostly stuck in some kind of hellish limbo which simply doesn't sound like In Flames at all.

Come Clarity is miles fucking ahead of the newer ballads.

It has actual "riffs" and beautiful melodies. The vocals are not that great-- typical Anders-- but the instrumental is miles above e.g Liberation or SC crap.

I really feel that the review of the record...(thank you for the link btw) was just really poorly written. I couldn't tell what the fuck this guy was talking about...as goes with most track by track reviews...they try and make their writing sound all elaborate and distinctive, that in the grand scheme of things...really does no justice to describing the song at all or giving the reader any real sense of what is to be heard in the next month or so on this new record... Oh well. No disrespect to any other's opinion about it

Considering it was a google translate job I wouldn't be too critical. The review probably reads a lot clearer in its native language.