IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

FOr the record, I don't like any solos. Melody guitar solos like in IF songs are fine, but those older rock solos.... gosh, I remember my father used to watch DVDs with bands who had those 2-3-4-5-bazillion neck guitars, and drum players who couldn't even see through their kit. No thanks.

I like guitar solos that "have a purpose" on the music, not just for the sake of showing how good the guitar players are.

Reactions: Jester Slave
So guys, one month to go before the album is out, and (according to In Flames' website) there are two more songs to be released before it is released. surely one of them has to be unleashed soon? mabye it'll be a double single. They need to do something though as hype for the album has now died, thanks to the poor, convoluted timing of the release of The End + The Truth and the live dvd.

Reactions: Ilias7 and AtotheK
Nope. That amazing drum solo by mr. Joe will get us through till the album appears.

Really, is sounds like a kid trying to hit as many things as he can to show his 4 months of hard work since his dad bought him his first drum set.

Nothing great can come out of this, but I'm hostage to myself.

Its
Nope. That amazing drum solo by mr. Joe will get us through till the album appears.

Really, is sounds like a kid trying to hit as many things as he can to show his 4 months of hard work since his dad bought him his first drum set.

Nothing great can come out of this, but I'm hostage to myself.

I'm with you bro. Right now I fear I might collapse at the razor's edge, and I fear I'll realise when it's too late.

I want IF asked this question a millon times more. In fact, I'd like to finally get answers to some of these questions:

- How important is melody in your songs?
- Are you planning to returning to your old style, like The Jester Race or Whoracle?
- How come your records are always a bit different? How conscious is that process?
- Is it much different to write songs now that Jesper is not part of the band anymore?
- Do you still keep in touch with Jesper?
- What's your relationship with your new drummer? Did you hire him because you guys absolutely hate his guts or...?
- What is the title about?
- What are the songs about?
- How fucking mongrel of a journalist am I?

In this order, please.

:D I'd love to know which fans are asking for TJR 2. If anything I see more people asking for Colony/Clayman 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: only4theweak187
Theres actually quite a lot of people on FB asking for TJR 2. Anders has probably heard requests to do TJR 2 since Whoracle

I don't think they should make sequels to any of those albums, but there's nothing wrong with getting back into that mindset and making another album that has some aggression to it, fewer on-the-nose lyrics, some more folk-type stuff or whatever, etc. Like how Metallica did with Death Magnetic. Whether you like them or not, or like that album or not, I think the general consensus was positive (except for the loud production). They had a return to their thrash roots yet still made it sound like a new album, instead of MOP part 2 or something. IF could do the same thing. But if they want to keep making more mainstream pop-metal with "aggressive" guitars, go ahead. I'm not the artist. It is disappointing though because they can still write very good music, they just don't most of the time.

I miss the old Kanye, straight from the Go Kanye
Chop up the soul Kanye, set on his goals Kanye
I hate the new Kanye, the bad mood Kanye
The always rude Kanye, spaz in the news Kanye
I miss the sweet Kanye, chop up the beats Kanye
I gotta say, at that time I'd like to meet Kanye
See I invented Kanye, It wasn't any Kanyes
And now I look and look around and there's so many Kanyes
I used to love Kanye, I used to love Kanye
I even had the pink polo, I thought I was Kanye
What if Kanye made a song about Kanye
Called "I Miss The Old Kanye"? Man, that'd be so Kanye
That's all it was Kanye, we still love Kanye
And I love you like Kanye loves Kanye

Hmmm so their show next month with HellYeah(yuck) got moved from a small arena 2 hours away, to my local venue about ten minutes away, so that's nice haha. Not sure if they're still doing the vip meet and greet thing they originally were doing, I'll know tomorrow.

I wonder what the setlist will be.

We should probably hear a new single in a week or two. They'll probably do weird "hint" posts again in the days leading up to it.

The Truth really brought back shit talking when it was heard so soon after The End, which had the most decent initial reception I've seen for an IF single in years. That being a higher percentage of praise or even contentment vs. the ever existing hating that's always there.

Just like with the first tour after Siren Charms came out, expect it to focus around the last 3 or 4 albums, with maybe one old song.

Reactions: AtotheK
I lost track of DT since Character. All their albums since then sound the same to me.
I loved the Gallery, Projector, Haven but since the mid 2000s, they've been putting out the same album again and again.

I'll go as far as saying that I prefer the In Flames approach to music changing their sound all the time, with some hits (SOAPF, CC) and with some misses (ASOP, SC), rather than the DT approach of playing it safe

I lost track of DT since Character. All their albums since then sound the same to me.
I loved the Gallery, Projector, Haven but since the mid 2000s, they've been putting out the same album again and again.

I'll go as far as saying that I prefer the In Flames approach to music changing their sound all the time, with some hits (SOAPF, CC) and with some misses (ASOP, SC), rather than the DT approach of playing it safe
I can understand not enjoying their albums, but they are not the same each time. Fiction has a different sound than Character, WATV has more of an eerie atmosphere to it, and Construct is drastically different from the previous 4 albums. It's obviously not as big a change as IF, but I they are smarter changes. They bring something new with each album yet still hold true to their core much more than IF. IF at this point doesn't have a damn core sound anymore.

Yeah probably

2 months after SOAPF came out I saw them, they only played Deliver Us and Where Dead Ships from it.

6 months later saw them again opening with SOAPF, Where dead ships, Deliver us, Fear is the Weakness etc. But threw in Embody the Invisible, Reroute, Pinball map as well.

But it'll probably be like the SC tour initially.

Small part of me hopes they learned to keep at the very least, a couple tracks from Clayman like they did in 2015... Even going further in playing more classics. Low chance though

Just like with the first tour after Siren Charms came out, expect it to focus around the last 3 or 4 albums, with maybe one old song.

Erase the part where he - I suppose - "stays true to their roots" with that godawful singing, and you have yourself a nice track. It's like a Soilwork track with a vocal quality ranging from OK to pls stop.