IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Not a bad track. DT really does stay true to their tm sound while doing major sound/atmosphere changes every 1-2 albums.

You have to respect the aproach.

But, something is lacking in their music. It is always consistent and good, but not excellent. It is always 7-9/10 and never 10/10.

Still, at the present much more likable band than IF+Joe.

Also, Stanne can actually growl and sing, unlike some other guys from the area.

Seriously, what fucking planet are you on that Stanne's clean vocals are bad?

lmfao.
I wasn't talking about the cleans, those are fine. Wasn't anything exceptional, but I know he can pull of great performances as I have heard bits and pieces from him before. But that chorus part agonizing is off-putting.

Just watched From the heart of Gothenburg...
Björn has to stop the overuse of the wah, and they need to stop muffling the guitar sound. It was outright uncomfortable to listen to.
I used professional mixer headphones so that's definitely not the issue. I doubted it could've been, but tried without them, using my pro monitors which did absolutely nothing. Don't buy it.

Also, got the review copy so expect a review in a few weeks (I take my time). My initial impression - it isn't horrible.

I lost track of DT since Character. All their albums since then sound the same to me.
I loved the Gallery, Projector, Haven but since the mid 2000s, they've been putting out the same album again and again.

I'll go as far as saying that I prefer the In Flames approach to music changing their sound all the time, with some hits (SOAPF, CC) and with some misses (ASOP, SC), rather than the DT approach of playing it safe

I'm pretty much with you as far as DT is concerned. I absolutely love everything up until Damage Done (excluding Haven, which for some reason I just never liked). I liked Character and Fiction was okay, but WATV was very boring to me, and everything they've released since has failed to capture my attention. Their new music is fine, but still doesn't grab me like their older stuff did.

I listened to DT a couple years ago quite a lot, mostly their mid stuff such as Damage Done, Character, Fiction, and some WATV songs. But I've really lost interest in them in recent years, grown really tired of the vocals really, I find the raspy screams so monotonous. WATV has like one or two interesting songs, and Construct has Immemorial, that's it for me. If I listen to them nowadays it's pretty much only The Mind's I. Insanity's Crescendo is a beatiful song, really like the female vocals there. And that album has some really nice tremolo riffs with that more oldschool production as well.

Reactions: DE4life
Got my review copy today and been playing it for a few "spins".
I'll be posting full impressions later when I have been listening for a while. Here's the scores so far.

In Plain View - 6/10
Everything's Gone - 6/10
Paralyzed - 7/10
Through Oblivion - 5/10
With Eyes Wide Open - 5/10
Siren Charms - 4/10
When The World Explodes - 7/10
Rusted Nail - 2/10
Dead Eyes - 8/10
Monsters In The Ballroom - 6/10
Filtered Truth - 7/10

The Chase - 8/10
Become The Sky 9/10 - (Why isn't this on the first CD?! Just.. weird.)

Reactions: AtotheK
Like I said before they'll probably do random "hint" posts on social media in the days leading up to it

I assume it'll be released on a Friday?

Reactions: AtotheK
..What's this talk about a new single? What news have I missed?
I know one more single is supposed to come out before the album releases, but what reason do we have to believe it's this week?

..What's this talk about a new single? What news have I missed?
I know one more single is supposed to come out before the album releases, but what reason do we have to believe it's this week?

Yeah I thought I missed something too.

I liked the new DT track though, been waiting for that song specially. Main riff is pretty good, catchy. Dont know what do you guys think but I would love to see that song with Anders on vocals. Not with SC vocals of course, but SOAPF or CC vocals. I guess Stanne's growls becomes boring after listening other DT songs.

I don't give a crap about the new single(s), highly doubt there will be two of them, though IF constantly switches up things so it's far from impossible. I'm more interested in the coming reviews.

Not terrible is promising enough for me :D